Sign in to follow this  
smiley_ie

Sound loss with 1.05

Hi

Overall I had a drop in performance with 1.05 fps ive posted on the 1.05 Causes performance Hits. Im also losing sound! Played online last night and server changed map and my sound was gone. Restarted arma and the sound was back. Also played on different servers and had the same problem. Starts ok then they disappear don’t hear trucks but I hear the birds - don’t hear bmps hear gun fire? This was all online haven’t tried SP haven’t changed audio settings.

Tried audio eax & hardware disabled = same. Haven’t used any type of sound mods done a clean install of arma. Have being running German ver 1.02 didn’t have this problem. Don’t have this problem in any other software. When it happens I alt&tab and sound plays fine in windows. Don’t have any 5.1 surround setups.

While online I asked other players was anyone loosing sound one replied yes!

Win xp home

Audigy 2 latest drivers

I just experienced the same thing and other people in the game were also having problems.  Reported on the bugtracker as issue 2093

Ahhh thanks sbsmac. So they no about it and its not just me, hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Cheers

Since the patch I get NO sound in any of my MP games, which makes it unplayable sad_o.gif

Try to turn off hardware accelaration and EAX guys - might help you... anyway this should fixed sad_o.gif

Just wanted to say the same thing. Im not getting any sound in MP games either. It REALY sucks!! Have tried both with EAX of and hardware acc. off. Nothing helps. Please fix this!!

I was hoping that I would find some fix that I could implement on this, but I haven't read anything that will bring any light to the subject.

Very annoying bug if you ask me, and it seems to be in multiplayer only.

I also noticed something in single player; if I get inbolved in a big fire fight and I'm a MG or a vehicle's guner I end up without my weapon's sound, but only a few seconds after I star firing even if is in short bursts.

My specs:

Memory: 2Gb RAM

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 dual core 3Ghz

Video: Radeon X1600 Pro with 512Mb memory

Sound: Creative SB Live!

I hope there is a pach released soon becauseis ruining my MP gaming.

I have to say that everything else runs very smooth in my system, and I love the game, and this sound issue is the only problem that I have.

Good job BIS, keep up the good work.

Hi again.

Just in case this brings some light for any body... I disabled EAX and HA(Hardware Acceleration) in the ingame sound options and this stops all my sound problems.

I did try this before but it didn't made any diference, the change I made is that after I disable EAX and HA I saved the changes and closed ArmA and then rebooted my PC for extra meassure. For some reason this way works fine, but just by trying to change the settings while ArmA is runing won't do anything for me; so after the changes are made make sure you live them like it and then restar the game.

You'll loose all the cool sound features, but at list you'll be able to know if there is anybody firing at you. pistols.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I'm considering to update my sound card because Creative is not suporting my card anymore, so any recomendations are wellcome pease.

Thanks. help.gif

i got the same problems with mi audigy 2 zs and the multiplayer lost sound,

i put this line in my startup parameters

-openal

and this fix my problems

-openal

and this fix my problems

Not had a problem on a XIFI, is this issue just related to to SB live and audigy?

-openal

and this fix my problems

I have an XFi and I have this problem form time to time on MP. What does -openal do exactly?

there seems to be entry in 1.06 changelog related to MP sound issues :

Quote[/b] ]

5145 - Fixed: HW acceleration used only when sound card offers at least 60 simultaneous sources. This fixes missing sounds while playing MP.

Thanks Dwarden, it looks like I won't have to bother loocking for a new sound card after all biggrin_o.gif Excelent news.

In the mean time I'll try Churowero's sugestion and see what's up.

@ Churowero. Do you meen by puting that in the shortcut that launch ArmA so it looks like that?

Quote[/b] ]"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA" -openal

Thanks