Sign in to follow this  
Jabbah

1.05 Causes performance Hits.

Yeah, I didnt have any problems with 1.04 except the nausiating ironsights and the blasted bushes of fps-death, so I am going back to the time I had 20+ fps all the time, sometimes even 80-90.

Kinda sick to barely be able to play a game with a setup that eats all other games.

Btw, I applied the right patch, the 1.04 to 1.05 for 505 Euro version.

I'm getting a boost from the 1.02 version if I turn the Post-processing to Low. I get a 15-20 fps drop with it on.

AMD X2 4600+

2GB RAM

GeForce 7950GT 512MB

Hi, I just made couple of bug reports,

Poor FPS with Geforce 8800GTX after installing the 1.05 patch

Graphic memory choke with Geforce 8800GTX

Possible memory choke problem has been discussed in this forum before.It seems that Geforce 8800 users are in trouble, I'm one of many OFP fans who invested to 8800GTX to play ArmA.

Please use the bug reporting tool, it is the best way to address this kind of performance problems to BIS. With 1.05 ArmA is totally unplayable now. With 1.04 there was only this memory filling problem degrading the video performance.

Edit: BTW, I made clean install and applied the international patch. Then I also made a new clean install and applied 1.04 to 1.05 euro patch. Same problems.

Great - so if we invested in 2x 8800s - we need double the KY?

Hi all

1.05 patch is all bugged

byfor the patch everything {euro version 1.04} was fine all my sethings wher at the max

now whit the 1.05 patch the textures are all bugged.

i reinstalled the game back to 1.04 en gone wait till the problem is solved.

cpu qx6700

4gb pc2 6400 ddr2 800mhz

2 raptor harddisks

motherboard striker extreme

2 8800 gtx sli

windows vista 32bit

my country belguim

The 1.04 version had started to run flawlessly , then i installed the patch 1.05 226mb, .On entering three servers with pings of 47 my machine locked up sounds but no response from escape ctl alt del , nothing restart everytime, when i finally got to play the performance was not good, reminded me of the first German ver i had in Nov banghead.gif .

Please fix this asap, as it stands it is not worth playing online, for me at least, mad_o.gif

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe

Athlon 3000+

Radeon X1950 PRO 512mb

1.5 gig of ram.

8meg ADSL

i to have installed the 1.05 patch and the game got worse in the graphic-depatment! Textures take 3 times as long to load and the now famous "spikes" are still there (almost worse) sad_o.gif

In the dolores mission after blowing up the bridges all US troops suddenly shouts out "Retreat" but they are still standing on the hill with the artillery not moving an inch. Strange this!

P4 2.8C

1Gb Ram Dual channel

ATI X800PRO 256MB

PSU 450W

ADUGI 2

Hi,

me too, i got a huge performance hit. Turning down the settings to normal, except pp = high (like the effect smile_o.gif, though going to low brings about 5-7 frames) and shadows = off, still just gives me 15-20 frames in forests and cities.  mad_o.gif

The settings in my sig ran the game with about 25+ frames in those areas.

All other changes are great, ironsight, grass while lying, etc... but the performance drop makes it quite hard to play.

I also tried the 6.7 driver, as suggested by Suma, no real improvement.

Hope BIS can sort that out, and give us some stable framerate.

Cya

Performance hit, cant play the game in woods, going back to 1.04. Wow, a patch that actually made things worse, never seen that before. (The only good thing I can see is that the map comes and goes when you press "m" without lagg)

Core 2 Duo E6600

2GB ram

7950Gt 512MB

u must of not played any EAs games then whistle.gif

must admit my is running laggy now sad_o.gif

Amd 64 3700, 128 mb GF6600gt (Driver 91.47) and 2 gig of dual channel ram at 333.

German version, from Morphicon.

Runs like a dream now. Huge performance gain, can actually play it at 1280 x 960 res. All settings are normal, except terrain which is low, and shadows off.

Works a treat on my system.

Try a clean boot Click Here

I've a loss of about 15-20 FPS, texture missing, sound bug, game freeze and a crash.

Revert back to 1.4 and the game runs smooth and fine no bug no crash no freeze.

I've done about 6 test from clean reinstall to a complete format of HD and no change 1.5 causes a lot of performance issues and texture/sound bugs.

I've 1.4 DVD version from 505 (euro version-italian language).

GFX 7600 GT (93.71 used for all the test)

1 GB Ram ddr2 533

Please fix this!

I got too more performance then on 1.04.

Had many grafix problems before but 1.05 cured them all.

Now on normal settings,1200 range,aa and aniso off.Shadows low.

505 Dvd-version .

Amd64 2ghz,1gb ram,Gf6600 gt,also tryied on Ati x800 same result more fps there also.

The problems seems to be more on top range PC:s like Intels Core Duo,my mates have reported fps drops on their hightech pc:s.

after 1.05 installed...

Performance reduced about 20% or more...

I hope BIS working at one fix again...

something its going wrong with the new 1.5, i miss 10-15 fps now(before was 25-35> fps) confused_o.gif i still tweacking a lot to gain more , but for the moment tats all. maybe an new patch will help! crazy_o.gif so... the good things are : better choper flying, better menu interactivity, and maybe a lot of other, but i have not enough playtime to realise this. .... and guys, please show off your rigs, this will help to circle (FIND) the problems! my rig: amd x2 64 (dual) 4200+ , win xp home, 1024 ddr2, 160Gb hard, 7600 gt pcie(256).

I'm also trying to find the best settings. Above i was testing with all normal, except postprocess high and shadows off. Just tried the predefined normal-setup, so pp was set to "low". Therefore shadows were enabled to "normal", and AF and AA were lowered to "low". Tested with convoy ambush sp mission. Frames were playable. Though from time to time just 15-20. But that was in the woods with the burning convoy and some infantry, so i think i can live with that. I really would like to enable pp, cause its a nice feature, but it kills my performance in the woods. Now i have shadows enabled, not so bad. Gonna buy a 1950xtx with 512 meg ram, hope that will give some more room for higher settings.

Cya

I'm also trying to find the best settings. Above i was testing with all normal, except postprocess high and shadows off. Just tried the predefined normal-setup, so pp was set to "low". Therefore shadows were enabled to "normal", and AF and AA were lowered to "low". Tested with convoy ambush sp mission. Frames were playable. Though from time to time just 15-20. But that was in the woods with the burning convoy and some infantry, so i think i can live with that. I really would like to enable pp, cause its a nice feature, but it kills my performance in the woods. Now i have shadows enabled, not so bad. Gonna buy a 1950xtx with 512 meg ram, hope that will give some more room for higher settings.

Cya

Hang of on that 1950xtx. I have a x1950xtx and have the same problem you have since 1.05

I'll add my voice. German DVD version was running fine. After a fresh install and patch to 1.05 it is a slideshow. sad_o.gif What a bunch of amatures. Long gone are the days of "Game of the Year".

It would be nice to hear from the devs. At the moment top end rigs are unable to run a game we have paid for.

I am not demanding immidiate action or something, it would just be nice to know what is going on.

And how this was missed during testing?

The game is taking serious flak around the web at the moment.

I would have left the game for dead a long time ago (like I did with the awful R6: Vegas) if I didnt care, but my first experience with ArmA (1.04) was like a crush. I loved it all except the iron sights and the bushes of death.

I only bought this game afew days ago, so when i first loaded into the 1.04 version on Thursday i was quite shocked even then at how sluggish and poor the game was running.

My native resolution on my Lcd is 1680 x 1050, anything else just looks too blurry, but even when i select a resolution of say 1280 x 1050 it surprisingly makes zero difference in fps.

Infact no matter what settings i select whether low or very high, i might only gain just afew fps, like 2 - 4 between the top and the bottom settings, which is again rather odd.

Anyway i looked up in these forums later on that Thursday and discovered to my delight people talking about a soon to be released 1.05 patch. I thought "great maybe this patch will address these extremely poor performance problems i'm currently experiencing"

Unfortunetly though after 6 hours of downloading the 1.04 - 1.05 Euro patch, i discovered this wasn't to be the case. It strangely enough made the game perform SOOOO much worse. Like other people are mentioning i also lost around 10 -15 fps - which at the games current state even with the 1.04 patch is totally unforgivable.

I'm getting inbetween 18 - 28 fps in and around buildings, -18 fps around folliage and only really maxing at 50 and thats when there's absolutely nothing on screen. I'd like to repeat again that - It doesn't matter what settings i select, whether V-snyc is forced off in the Nvidia control panel with Antialiasing Disabled - coupled with normal / low / medium or high settings, the fps are basically the same.

I have "zero" problems with other games like Bf2 / Bf2142 / Oblivion / Call of Juarez etc etc. All capable of running at my native resolution of 1680x1050 and high settings. I also get a 3D Mark 06 score of around 10800.

I must also state that my computer is defragged regularly, and my registry settings are kept in tune with Registry Mechanic, spyware kept at bay with Ad-aware and regular virus scans with AvG <which is disabled while i'm gaming>

My system specs are as follows :- Intel® Core™2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz | Asus P5W DH Deluxe 975X PCI-E (Socket 775 | Zalman CNPS9500 LED Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler | GSkill 2*1Gb PC6400 DDR2 HZ | XFX nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 768MB DDR3 Oc'd to 610/1000 | Western Digital 250 GB | Corsair HX 620W ATX2.2 Modular SLi Compliant Silent PSU | Thermaltake Armor VA8000SWA Case

Anyway i'm not a happy bunny, as this game looks amazing. So it's such a shame to be at the point where this game has been released for quite afew months, yet it's at a stage where it's unplayable even for people with top end rigs. I'd like to know what system Bohemia actually recommend to people who want to play this game at a decent resolution, and - very high graphic settings. Can a system actually have 4 SLI 8800GTX's in one PC, cause i think thats what you'd need. I'm guessing even then you'd struggle to get over 50 fps near a bush.

Lol an absolute shambles, and noway should a game that performs as poorly as this be allowed to be sold in it's current state. I also doubt the developers can actually iron out these performance problems with future patches, as from the sounds of it, they've only made matters worse with every patch they've released.

Oh well thats 19.99 wasted, cheers  banghead.gif

It'll also be nice to know what are the specs of their testing rigs. Do they even have a hyperthreaded or dual core processor there? What about an 8800 card?

And also, how did they carry out their tests? e.g. playing a few missions and the editor or simply letting it run on main menu and consider that as a "test".

game runs fine since patching ...

only difference i noticed is time of mission..

seems to be five mins out since patch... had to alter missions accordingly ....

graphics settings remain the same .. couple of mins out from v1.02 map

easy fixed

I personally would hold off on upgrading your GFX card unless its either a DX10 one, or you wait until the DX10 ones have come down a little. I dont think itll be worth spending any money on a card that will most certainly have a low life expectancy.

I spent a fortune on my rig SOLEY for this game, which is why im to stubborn to lower my settings from high. Games going on the shelf until its fixed smile_o.gif.

Have faith in BIS smile_o.gif.

DX10 is just a scam to make people to buy Vista. Most games that will come out in the future will also be DX9. For at least the next 3 years..........

Any of you tried to defrag your harddrive after installing the game, the game uses the harddrive alot and if you install the patch the install will grow and if you installed files to the drive after armed assault then the new parts of files will end up after the newer files, and that will lead to swapping between sectors on the harddrive.

Its just an idea, Im not at home so I haven't tried out the patch yet!

I'll add my voice. German DVD version was running fine. After a fresh install and patch to 1.05 it is a slideshow. sad_o.gif What a bunch of amatures. Long gone are the days of "Game of the Year".

I'll add my voice too. Same thing happened here.

I really hope BIS is able to get performance back ASAP. Otherwise the patch is great, but performance is one of the most important aspects of a good playable game.

Before i wasn't playing this because of LOD problems. Now i'm not touching this because of crappy performance. crazy_o.gifbanghead.gif

Luckily there's more things to do in life than games. Spending more time with my wife example...