Sign in to follow this  
Jabbah

1.05 Causes performance Hits.

Just put 1.05 on, thought wayhey, might be able to actually play the game.

But sadly, its even worse sad_o.gif, the same overfog is still there, AND now, my FPS have suffered by 20%, can i ask a question to any developers there?, Is it a Game fault or a driver fault? I want to get into this game asap as i loved ofp, so any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

My specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3Ghz

Geforce 8800GTS 640mb

i975 Chipset.

2gb RAM

i think its your dual core doing something tounge2.gif a friend of mine tried Arma and hes comp lagged to hell! rofl.gif

I can second what Jabbah wrote. Performance is definity worse with 1.05 than it used to be with 1.02 with the same settings. I fully uninstalled Arma 1.02, delete all registry entries, after a reboot re-installed it AND applied the 1.05 patch (no errors etc.)

Arma settings: All settings on VeryHigh, except AA is set to "Normal", and viewdistance is set to 3000 (at 1280x1024).

PC Specs:

Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.22Ghz (460x7)

Asus P5B Deluxe (i965P)

SuperTalent 2GB DDR2-800 RAM (CL4-4-4-12) @ 920Mhz

Leadtek 8800 GTX (not overclocked with 97.92 drivers)

WD Raptor 74GB

Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum (latest Creative driver AND OpenAL driver)

OCZ GameXStream 700w

Windows XP2 (reinstalled DX from the Arma CD NOT the Feb2007 version)

.NET (1.1 or 2.0) is NOT installed

Windows Pagefile is set to a fixed size (2GB) on another Raptor HDD than the actual game.

German Arma DVD, clean install, and I used the International 1.05 patch.

Same thing here with 1.04-1.05 but when I lowered the settings to normal for everything instead of high or very high like I could run it with only 1.04 installed it was ok.

BOTTOM LINE - PERFORMANCE HIT!!!!!!!!!!

before the patch i was running smooth 35-45 fps

post patch average 19-22 fps

something is definatly WRONG, even the graphics look different? (question b/c i cant seem to pinpoint it)

since this patch the game runs CHOPPY too.

specs

AMD 64 3800+ (single core)

2gig corsiar ram

7950GT 515

QUESTION: is it possible for me to keep the weapons pbo for this patch, dump arma and go back to previous patch and use the new weapons? i ask b/c now to me, the game is unplayable compared to the way it was playing before this update.

BIS. plans to address? is there an official problem thread for this patch?

game after patch is much slower than before :/

WTF - instead of better its much worse, a lot of lags, computer is so slow, that after alt+tab i need more time to back to game

new weapons - okay

real model of M16A2 - okay

fixing some problems with some models of houses - okay

new airplane and bike - okay

but why it makes game slower :/ ??

btw. do they change something to that horrible HDR , on my PC looks like it is a little better now ?

(normally in shadows it should be darker than in open field, previously in the shadow of building or inside of vehicle it was brighter than in open field - nonsense )

Unfortunatley, i concur sad_o.gif.

Alot less performance, its a shame really.

High spec pc, and time to lower graphics once again sad_o.gif.

hey vilas,

will you take a second to scope out the possibility of using the new weapons w/ the patch in the previous patch? i want to uninstall, and go back to the previous patch until BIS fixes 105 but i dont want to lose the new weapons.

in my new units there are those weapons added

just needed file weapons3.pbo to left on your PC

i havent tried is ARMA 1.02 with file weapons3.pbo will work with my units , but maybe ?

all definitions, configs, textures are in this BIS file

so you can try it

of course it is possible to give ths weapons own config (KSVK and M107,M16A4) - i haven't found units using those new weapons :/

AKS74PSO - in my pack there was AK74 with PSO, with 1P29 scope (it is alsoin RPK) and Cobra scope

so this weapon is not sensation for me smile_o.gif

if you don't know what is 1P29 You can use google

1P29 on AK is more realistic than PSO, PSO is mounted on sniper rifles, 1P29 is mounted on AK, RPK

Cobra is Russian "red dot", "red triangle" "red cross" colimator sight

but you can try - left file weapons3.pbo and see smile_o.gif

but this is offtopic my friend smile_o.gif

topic is - after 1.05 performance go down :/

vilas, i agree, thanks for the input.

back to topic.

im curious. what is the hardware of BIS's testing environments? i mean, certainly we will see more complaints of performance on this patch so wasn't this documented by tester? what changed that caused the impact? i looked at that release notes and not sure what happened.

Sad to say ive seen a big drop in preformance, lost 15-20 frames when i checked with fraps. And the textures look blury and washed out ? Allso lost sound ? truck sounds come and go all i can hear is birds ? Not a happy camper

This is from 1.2 the only thing that seemed better was the texture load time. banghead.gif

amd x 2 4600

x1950xtx 7.2

Audigy 2

3 gig

hehe sorry guys but I must report at least one computer that runs nice...mine! tounge2.gif

To me the game is much smoother and even better looking (can use higher settings) after 1.02 -> 1.05...did a clean install and patched. Finaly a game that doesn't smell beta all over it...

Still other easly fixed bugs though, like no recoil on heavy machineguns and stuff but now at least the game runs without any crashes!

/Abbe

Quote[/b] ]hehe sorry guys but I must report at least one computer that runs nice...mine!  

To me the game is much smoother and even better looking (can use higher settings) after 1.02 -> 1.05...did a clean install and patched. Finaly a game that doesn't smell beta all over it...

I concur - this game is starting to look pretty slick on my machine (look at my other posts & you'll see I'm a dye-in-the-wool cynic & haven't had a lot of joy from Arma till now)

(oh what the hell....."Thanks BIS" (don't see many of those on these boards now do you?!wink_o.gif

Mind you I also agree with "bug-tastic" - my favourite one from the recent patch is where you empty a clip into a shop front & hey presso it rolls down like a rollerblind into the ground (damn't they didn't model McDonald's for me to have a pop at!wink_o.gif

Also - please fix the lack of flaps on the Camel - button is there, but no action.

Re:performance drop - have noticed this game is prehaps the most 'defrag sensitive' I've ever played so defrag well & often. Also I did as the FAQ suggested & moved my paging file to a seperate paartition on my second hard drive & gained an average of 5-8fps (thanks to whoever suggested that one)

Biggest gripe - well let me put it this way - if there's ever a scrap between OFP Ai & ArmA Ai, pray to God you're on the '85 side - the other lot are all hiding behind cover (or walking in circles under remorseless MG fire) topping up their make up.....

Stick with it chaps (by 1.96 Arma will be flawless.....)  whistle.gif

2nd Edit:

My specs for the purposes of comparsion/the common cause:

Arma Vesion = UK 505

Intel Pentium 840D @ 3.2 Ghz

XP Media Edition SP2 all up-to-date

EVGA GeForce 7950 GX  1G mem on 6.14.10.9371 nvidia drivers (and before someone chips in, yep I have enough power (700W), and stacks of cooling too)(in single display mode)

575/708 "Modest" overclocking

C-Media Sound (5.12.1.8)

2048 M's DDR. matched pairs

DirectX 9.0c (latest update ('Feb 07 sometime)

ArmA settings:

Default Very High  + with postprocess on Low (the blurring of focus between the grass blades was making me ill)

1024 x 768 x 32 @75Hz Normal Display

Also using NVTray to manage my grphx:

SLI in AFR1 mode (Auto causes the cursor to dissappear in the lower half of the screen + also noticed a pref hit with it)(tried the fear.exe trick for SLI, didn't make any difference so reverted to my own settings)

AA + AF set to application (really f**ks things up if you forget this)

General NV Performance = Quality (oddly)(tried high perf & had a small fps hit & also suffered blurred iron sights etc)

Vsnyc Off

Other settings I played with which had a 'marked' effect:

Transparency AA : set to multisample works best

Overall I'm averaging 35-40 fps (comparing with 25-35fps on 1.04). Best of all I'm not suffering slow downs in the woods any longer.

Hope this helps somebody.

Unfortunately I have the same performance drop as the rest of you.

Core 2 Duo X6800 @ 3.4GHz

2x NVIDIA 8800GTX 768MB

2GB RAM

Windows XP

Also - please fix the lack of flaps on the Camel - button is there, but no action.

Camel as an WWI plane shouldn't have any kind of "flaps" at all... even the action should be removed tounge2.gif

Performance hit, cant play the game in woods, going back to 1.04. Wow, a patch that actually made things worse, never seen that before. (The only good thing I can see is that the map comes and goes when you press "m" without lagg)

Core 2 Duo E6600

2GB ram

7950Gt 512MB

Ive had an increase in performance have set my graphics even higher now and the game looks much better. smile_o.gif

Not sure why so many people are having a decrease. huh.gif

Everyone who got a performance increase from 1.05, please post your PC specs incl. driver version. Thanks.

hey kenjara, when you say your settings are higher... what are your settings at now? and fps?

whereas i was running awesome in very high, but since the 105 patch it has impacted my fps at the same settings.

so, to maintain my high settings im going back to previous patch untill bis addresses all the problems 105 introduced.

I have the german DVD version of Arma, and after patching to 1.05 the performance is better than with 1.02.

I also tested to drive the bike trough the woods, and took a flight with Camel. Arma works better than expected. smile_o.gif

It may be the versions that have been updated, to confirm, i am recieving a significent performance decrease from the EURO update from 1.04 to 1.05:

Please both decrease and increase people, post your PC specification to see if we can find a common point, also post what version you patched from and which patch you used, no point in having aload of people say "omg mine sucks" "omg mine rocks" as that wont get us anywhere.

My specs:

AMD X2 Dual-Core 4200+

2gig Corsair RAM

8800GTS 640mb

160gig SATAII (300) HDD with 16mb cache, NCQ and 4ms read/write speed.

XP SP2

Lets work the problem peeps biggrin_o.gif.

Remember the days of OFP when they released beta patches before final release? Was a much better way of getting community feedback if you ask me.

I do have a strange bug though. Cannot turn my turrets on vehicles with HDR set to Low. When I put HDR on High, everything works fine. Even get a slight FPS increase.

Before the patch I had the default Very high settings on with a good 25-30fps.

Now with 1.05 I can have all settings on very high and post process effect on low with a 30-40fps, however If post process effect is turned on all the other settings need to be on normal to get an average 25fps. Post process effect seems to be the killer for me in this patch.

I guess I can live without it, Don't really notice much with it on high or low anyways besides my GIANT fps change.

my specs:

amd 3.5+ 64bit

2gig ddr 400 ram

geforce 7950GT KO

Are all of you using the wright patch for your game versions?

There is the small patch for 505's 1.4 and the large one for... all the others. Please specify the patch used and what Arma versions you have (i.e. german download, cz dvd, etc) in you reports.

Maybe the ones experiencing the performance problems have a specific Arma version that didnt go to well with the new patch.

Help BIS help you wink_o.gif .

Hi, I just made couple of bug reports,

Poor FPS with Geforce 8800GTX after installing the 1.05 patch

Graphic memory choke with Geforce 8800GTX

Possible memory choke problem has been discussed in this forum before.It seems that Geforce 8800 users are in trouble, I'm one of many OFP fans who invested to 8800GTX to play ArmA.

Please use the bug reporting tool, it is the best way to address this kind of performance problems to BIS. With 1.05 ArmA is totally unplayable now. With 1.04 there was only this memory filling problem degrading the video performance.

Edit: BTW, I made clean install and applied the international patch. Then I also made a new clean install and applied 1.04 to 1.05 euro patch. Same problems.