Sign in to follow this  
NECQ

Error compiling vertex shader VSShaderPool

Hello,

i am getting an error while starting game:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Error compiling vertex shader VSShaderPool

I've installed the game, started it, everything was working correct, i've changed details on max, play a mission, then i have closed the game, and tried to start it again, then the problem occurred, I am getting Black screen for about 1 second, after i get this error. But before the same day, few minutes ago it was working very well. I have no idea what might be wrong

I've tried to reinstall it, delete save folder, even delete some registry, i also have installed the latest drivers for my graphic card and DirectX

Machine:

7800GT

Sound Blaster Audigy 2

AMD64 Athlon 3800

2GB ram

Windows XP SP2

It is The CZECH version of the game and i cannot download any update, because of my Internet connection, downloading about 100mb would took a few days from my life... And again it was working before i didn't change anything, i didn't even restart my PC.

Other people have had similar troubles (specular?) which were solved by installing the very latest version of directX (february). Failing that, ArmA stores some (all?) user configuration files in your "My Documents" folder, try deleting or changing them.

The patch would be highly recommended, maybe you could download it at an internet cafe?

I have installed this directx_feb2007_redist,

It might be good idea about downloading it in Internet Cafee, but the problem is, that i live far away from city, (more then far), i have no neighborhoods, no normal Internet connection, there are no shops and no gas or canalization, but i have great peace, clear air etc.

As i sad, before it was working and it does not!

I also have tried to delete files stored in My Documents in Arma folder.

I am also having the same problem.

I get the same messege after I start ArMa.

Even after I install the update 1.05

This are my specs

AMD 3400+ 64bit

1.5 GB DDR

GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB

Vista Business 64bit

I have got all the update for everything

to include the latest

Nvidia Driver/ I have even tried the Beta that got out 2 March 07

Latest Direct X update

and all of my graphic settings are set to application decide settings

I checked the Diag for Direct X and everything is fine

I have tried to change the compatability setting so it can run as it was in Windows XP Serv Pack 2

Still nothing help.gif

I am also having the same problem.

I get the same messege after I start ArmA.

Even after I install the update 1.05

This are my specs

AMD 3400+ 64bit

1.5 GB DDR

GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB

Vista Business 64bit

I have got all the update for everything

to include the latest

Nvidia Driver/ I have even tried the Beta that got out 2 March 07

Latest Direct X update

and all of my graphic settings are set to application decide settings

I checked the Diag for Direct X and everything is fine

I have tried to change the compatability setting so it can run as it was in Windows XP Serv Pack 2

Still nothing  help.gif

I have the same problem. Installed latest DirectX and ATi Catalyst 7.2 drivers. I'm using Windows Vista x32 Business, and an ATi Radeon X1800GTO card.

ArmA worked perfectly fine (v1.04), I installed the patch without problems and when I started the game I immediately got this error. Then, I removed the config settings from the My Documents/ArmA folder and now I come a bit further in the game, I get a black screen (after getting all the V's in the boxes as a loading indicator) for a very short time (it looks like its actually starting ArmA), and then it returns to the desktop with this Error compiling vertex shader pool.

My version is the 505 Games version.

System:

AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+

1.5GB DDR400

X1800GTO

Nvidia NForce4 Ultra chipset

help.gif  help.gif  help.gif  help.gif

Same problem here!

my version is 505 games.

game worked fine, patched 1.05, startted and worked fine

and next day got this "Error compiling vertex shader VSShaderPool"

banghead.gif

AMD64 3800+ Athlon

7600 GS 512mb

1 GB Ram

Windows Media Center

HP Pavillion 7550

Answers anyone to this prob?

I uninstalled ARMA and reinstalled it to 1.04.

It must be something to do with registry cos it(1.05) worked fine just after installation

Waiting for 1.06 or fined 1.05

help.gif

You get this error when you run the 1.05 euro patch into 1.04 but try to start game with the OLD 1.04 executable. Yes you need to save the old exe OR the patch fail to update your exe to get into this problem.

Just something I ran into today, thought the info might help.

You get this error when you run the 1.05 euro patch into 1.04 but try to start game with the OLD 1.04 executable. Yes you need to save the old exe OR the patch fail to update your exe to get into this problem.

Correct, exe and data version should match.

This problem reported seems to indicate version mismatch caused by a patch problem or by users putting different exe to game update to 1.05.

I noticed this error message only when I tried to run the V.I.R.U.S Mod - but Arma runs fine without any error msg. only the modification executables seems to be problematic fior me huh.gif

Correct, exe and data version should match.

This problem reported seems to indicate version mismatch caused by a patch problem or by users putting different exe to game update to 1.05.

Do what now?  icon_rolleyes.gif

I patch 1.05 and start 1.05 with 1.04 arma.exe

Or patch 1.05 when i have original 1.04 arma.exe in arma directory

or something???

i am at work now so can`t test it.

I got this error message first at the start and the game didn't work at all. This happened when I tried to run 1.05 version with earlier nocd-file (which worked with 1.04 version). After this I re-installed the game and it works fine patched with DVD inserted (without nocd file).

I patch 1.05 and start 1.05 with 1.04 arma.exe

Or patch 1.05 when i have original 1.04 arma.exe in arma directory

or something???

i am at work now so can`t test it.

You patch to 1.05 and play with 1.05 exe. Or you don't patch to 1.04 and play with 1.04 exe.

What you can't do is to mix up exe and data from two different versions of the game.

Note: Cracks are not discussed or supported on this board.

Things are getting more funny and funny nowadays...

Customer cr*cks game with no-cd patch, patches game to new version, cr*ck for old version is put back, and then they start complaining on the official support forums of the game, this truelly roflsmao rofl.gif

Note: Cracks are not discussed or supported on this board.

I hope you all don't mind me saying this, but using "noCD" files automaticly doesn't mean that the game is taken from p2p without paying anything. For me, it's just very annoyng do keep this DVD disk all the time in my DVD-Rom because it makes a lot of noise. If I like some game and play it a lot, I always buy it and I use always noCD if it's available. Like in gamecopyworld is written, that sites support the use of those patches as a backup, not pirated versions. But this is the endless issue of opinion, so...

icon_rolleyes.gif

It`s ALIVE!!! ALIVE I SAY! yay.gif

It was an .exe file what caused this stupid stupid thing

goodnight.gif

I dumped all mods..... reinstalled.... patched 1.05 and started playing. Simple

I used no-cd exe in 1.04 cos my freaking DVD player accepts arma dvd in 6-10 try.  banghead.gif

So now i don`t use no-cd crap  whistle.gif

Can we get this back on track and find out whats being done about this issue. I have the 505 version and it was working ok since the release of the patch until today. I have the correct patch installed and the game is a legit purchase.

Windows XP sp2

up to date DirectX

7900 GT

Audigy

1.5 Gb RAM

AMD 64 3700+

Can we get this back on track and find out whats being done about this issue. I have the 505 version and it was working ok since the release of the patch until today. I have the correct patch installed and the game is a legit purchase.

Windows XP sp2

up to date DirectX

7900 GT

Audigy

1.5 Gb RAM

AMD 64 3700+

The game has just been released here in Oz, went out and bought it today.

Installed the DVD version (505 Games) and it works fine - WOOT!

Downloaded both versions of patches, International and Euro

Installed Euro patch - no errors installing

On boot into game - I get the Error Compiling vertex shader VSTerrain

Uninstalled, manually deleted files from Program Directory and Users folder, did a manual look at the registry and all BIS settings are gone

Reboot and reinstall DVD Version - works fine

Installed International Patch - no errors installing

On boot into game - Error compiling vertex shader VSTerrain!

So, I now have a game I've just paid $90AUD for and if I patch it to the latest version it won't run.

Any ideas would be appreciated smile_o.gif

Windows Vista Business x32

AMD 64 3800 X2

2gb RAM

6600GT

Latest nVidia drivers for chipset and video. Direct X fully up to date.

Anyone got some ideas for this??

I've installed and uninstalled this game 10 times already...can't get it to run 1.05 at all!

All problems described in this thread are caused by HANDLING ERRORS.

- You have applied 3rd party modifications to your game.

- You have/had more than one Arma version installed

- You have/had a demo installed and did not uninstall it properly

- You applied a wrong patch version or tried to do so

- You applied "no CD" patches

- You had Antivirus programs running while patching the game

- You have installed the game under a wrong operating system

The first person to report this error with a clean Installation of WXP32, and with a correctly installed, and up2date patched game, without modifications, will win a cake.