Sign in to follow this  
Silencer

Offical Crappy Computer

I have the lamest computer in the world...

PII 449mhz viperII 128RAM

this post dedicates the poor computer users that have PII or lower...which most likely see slideshows when playing OFP...

I can't belive I heard people are complainting about P3 1.8GH

or even higher...

everyone laught at me I use 240X150 resolution

2 bit texture

LOL!

I'm on a PII 300, 192mb RAM, voodoo 3 3000. I run OFP in 1280x1024, with varrying settings, deppending on what I'm doing.

If I'm just testing scripts and such, I usually play with all settings on max (and get a FPS ~20-40, if I keep away from forrests).

I've managed to get trough a couple of missions, but then I have to lower down all settings, and it runs in like 5-30fps (also this depends on how many units, my location etc).

I brought my copy of OFP to a friend of mine, and his AMD atholon 1ghz, 256mb ram, geforce 2mx,, and boy,, It looked and feelt so beautiful,, almost as a dream smile.gif

I love OFP (and my voodoo3),, and as I haven't managed to get through the campaign yet, it'll take a looong time before I play the game for the last time smile.gif

then something is wrong becuase I lowered down everything!

and I still get like 5 FPS

LOL, in may im buying a p2 just to smash into a million pieces, i cant belive ppl would still be using them for fp! my freind gets horrible fps when he tries to play on a thunderbird 800 with a geforce 3!

I started playing OFP on a P3 450Mhz, 128 SD RAM, Diamond Viper 16MB.....so don't complain...

I got a P4 1.8Ghz, 256MB DDR RAM, GF2 now  biggrin.gif

2 bad XP is slowing it down....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (christophercles @ Feb. 06 2002,11:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my freind gets horrible fps when he tries to play on a thunderbird 800 with a geforce 3!<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gif

Very wrong something with his computer is. It serious tweaking needs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kirovski @ Feb. 06 2002,12:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2 bad XP is slowing it down....<span id='postcolor'>

I see a significant framerate boost in every game I have tried with XP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (christophercles @ Feb. 06 2002,10:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL, in may im buying a p2 just to smash into a million pieces, i cant belive ppl would still be using them for fp! my freind gets horrible fps when he tries to play on a thunderbird 800 with a geforce 3!<span id='postcolor'>

That ain't strange cause GF3 sucks and it ain't supported by OFP. thought Voodoo3 was the card that gave you best performance in OPF....

I run an 800 mhz Duron with a TNT2 Ultra and experience no problems at all. Is Intel lagging behind???

Also have 256mb of RAM don't complain Snake, got a Cyrix P200 with a Voodoo2 and thats really low...

Love the Duron need a new motherboard and a power supply and i will blow the GHZ border. my P200 will soon enter service as a LAN server now it's a storage area for OFP stuff and CS models.

Yep, he has tried running in 640x480 with 16 bit graphics and no effects on, and it still chugs along. I dont know wtf is it with his machine, he can run RTCW at the highest resolutions and stuff though.

Ummh.. mmh... (Total shot in the dark) Maybe there is some program running in the background that OFP doesn't like.

Or it's same same thing I had with NFS: Porsche challenge. I had two joysticks configured and only one of them actually plugged in. So tell him to shut down joystick configuration program (if there's some running) and open 'Control Panel', then remove all joysticks from the 'Gaming Options'. Then launch OFP and see if that was the problem.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have the lamest computer in the world...

PII 449mhz viperII 128RAM

this post dedicates the poor computer users that have PII or lower...which most likely see slideshows when playing OFP...

I can't belive I heard people are complainting about P3 1.8GH

or even higher...

everyone laught at me I use 240X150 resolution biggrin.gif haha

2 bit texture<span id='postcolor'>

Then buy a new one.... I, by the way, HATE PENTIUM... Those bastards always give me shit. I have AMD thunderbird at 1.4 Gh, and have no problems at all. Everything runs fine and next friday i will finally get my GF3 biggrin.gif

But i also have still win98 SE installed, and want to upgrade to winXP. Should i do this, or is XP a crappy piece of software i rather put in Bill's @ss for instance. I will only try it if someone has something goog to say about it. Win2000 gave me only problems,  sad.gif  so thats why i still have win98 SE installed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sweeper @ Feb. 06 2002,11:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

don't complain Snake

<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

I didn't complain,, did I? confused.gif

YOU GUYS DON'T REALIZE HOW MUSH PAIN I SUFFERED THREW MY LAME COMPUTER I CAN'T PLAY INTERNET WITHOUT HAVING SLIDESHOWS ON MY SCREEN.

heres a stupid event my 10 year old brother just got a PIII 600mhz and flashpoint runs hell yeah fas on his!!!

guess what my brother didn't deserve that powerful computer!!!

dude I buyed by own computer!!!!5 years ago which cost like 5000$(including printer,scanner,digital camera) that time.

I just want to steal his computer and kick him in the balls that piece of crap ;(

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sweeper @ Feb. 06 2002,10:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That ain't strange cause GF3 sucks and it ain't supported by OFP. thought Voodoo3 was the card that gave you best performance in OPF....

I run an 800 mhz Duron with a TNT2 Ultra and experience no problems at all. Is Intel lagging behind???

Also have 256mb of RAM don't complain Snake, got a Cyrix P200 with a Voodoo2 and thats really low...

Love the Duron need a new motherboard and a power supply and i will blow the GHZ border. my P200 will soon enter service as a LAN server now it's a storage area for OFP stuff and CS models.<span id='postcolor'>

That's a good one. GF3 sucks, ya right. And OFP does supoort it. I got great framerate with my P4 2.0GHZ, WinXp prof, GF3 64DDR. No stopping, no nothing. Runs perfect.

And one other thing. Don't u dare to talk that GF3 sucks. GF3 Ti500 is the best card currently out there, ok. So stop. I love my card and i hate Voodoo as much as my previous computer. tounge.gif

You people have other problems.

hey man, I've got the crappiest 'puter, read the specs.

350Mhz PII

384MB SDRam

64MB DDRam ATI Radeon VIVO SE

10GB HD

If it wasn't for my RADEON I don't think my 'puter would make it today.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (4WDTaco @ Feb. 07 2002,06:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hey man, I've got the crappiest 'puter, read the specs.

350Mhz PII

384MB SDRam

64MB DDRam ATI Radeon VIVO SE

10GB HD

If it wasn't for my RADEON I don't think my 'puter would make it today.<span id='postcolor'>

I feel sorry for you. Why don't you buy a new one then. I spent all my money on new computer parts to keep it up to date.

AMD Athlon 1.4 gHz

512 MB SDRam

GeForce2 GTS -->(i wanted to buy GF3, but will wait for

GF4 Ti4600 smile.gif )

SB LIVE 1024

10GB HD sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Feb. 06 2002,21:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's a good one. GF3 sucks, ya right. And OFP does supoort it. I got great framerate with my P4 2.0GHZ, WinXp prof, GF3 64DDR. No stopping, no nothing. Runs perfect.

And one other thing. Don't u dare to talk that GF3 sucks. GF3 Ti500 is the best card currently out there, ok. So stop. I love my card and i hate Voodoo as much as my previous computer. tounge.gif

You people have other problems.<span id='postcolor'>

Hrrrmff. People you have forgot Radeon won at lest my test.

GeForce 3 and 2 were renamed after my test (at least i did) to CrashForce 2 and 3 Increases crash rate to 100%.

But the Radeon decreased it. Either the computers were very strange or the cards were extremely faulty now we are happy with Radeon (me and my buddy did this test)

I saw tests with radeon 8500 and GF3 Ti500 . The cards are very similar to ich ther. GF3Ti500 is better than readeon 8500 in some of the tests and Radeon is better than GF3ti500 is some of the tests. smile.gif

I'm happy with my GF3 and i won't buy Radeon because it has a bad support and because it runs great.

Anyway. GF4 ti is out and Radeon 8500 is not even close to its preformace.

I don't have anything against radeon. radeon is a great graphic card. I think that Nvidia and ATI are racing just like the Soviet Union and the USA did in the past. wink.gif