Sign in to follow this  
NEO -PZ-

Windows XP Beta Version

I'm about to install Windows XP Beta Version on my pc with:

- Intel Pentium III 1000 MHz

- 256 MB RAM

Do you think OFP's gonna make it?

No matter what, I'm gonna burn the whole OFP-directory to a CD-RW. Couldn't live without it wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NEO [PZ] @ Feb. 06 2002,00:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm about to install Windows XP Beta Version on my pc<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm... Beta... Sounds like a bad idea. confused.gif

Installing a Beta OS is a bad bad bad bad idea, kinda like installing a beta DX, it seems like a great idea at the time, it works great, then a few weeks down the line the beta expires and you can't play d3d games anymore without an annoying popup box saying "this has expired blah blah", in short don't do it smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Feb. 06 2002,13:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it works great, then a few weeks down the line the beta expires and you can't play d3d games anymore without an annoying popup box saying "this has expired blah blah"<span id='postcolor'>

That sounds familiar. smile.gif

LOL well it always seems like a good idea at the time, I've signed up to beta test DX9, haven't heard back, maybe cos in the "reasons why you should be a beta tester box" I wrote that I was Bill Gate's love child smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Feb. 06 2002,13:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">maybe cos in the "reasons why you should be a beta tester box" I wrote that I was Bill Gate's love child smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (christophercles @ Feb. 06 2002,10:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why on earth would you install a beta? to get out of having to pay for it?<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah... wink.gif

My friend has it installed, he says it works fine and he hasn't noticed any bugs.

And it's a 6 months' professional beta.

I'm not sure, maybe I should save my money till i have € 100 and buy the real Home edition. confused.gif