Sign in to follow this  
Vänskä

To make dieing less painfull

Hi,

I´m not telling anyone how to make your missions, but I see little reason not to use the Spectating script by Kegetys in your missions. It´s pretty sweet and being dead isn´t so boring anymore.

I would really urge everyone to use it in missions where u really die (no respawn).

Check it out at least if u are not familiar with it. biggrin_o.gif

afaik mate,almost all if not all do/will have the spectating script!

if not maybe just older missions!!

will get better! wink_o.gif

Music to my ears. smile_o.gif

Music to my ears.  smile_o.gif

Besides, try to kick the server admin in the balls, of the server where you are playing on to add it in the missions that did not include it smile_o.gif

has anybody made a script that when you die you become a civilian - you could have it perhpas that they cant shoot straight or drive tanks, to simulate lack of military knowledge.

I might try and make this myself.

Music to my ears. smile_o.gif

Besides, try to kick the server admin in the balls, of the server where you are playing on to add it in the missions that did not include it smile_o.gif

I think we got our hands full at our server just testing maps made by someone else to keep up some quality.

Another thing is that ArmA doesn´t wanna overwrite existing maps without a server restart.

All in all, I might be just lazy.

Some if not most Mission makers don't like there missions being editing without permission.

Some if not most Mission makers don't like there missions being editing without permission.

Very true, but the fact is that many of the mission are not too high quality, and by this I mean triggers not working, buggy intro´s and other stuff not related to playability of the missions itself or the way it´s made.

So it is known that people fix this things to play these missions in their servers, without taking any credit away from the original author.

I´m not saying wheter this is a good or bad thing, but the bottom line is mission maker´s have really no control over it. Though no one ought to never share a mission forward if it´s edited by someone other than original author.