Sign in to follow this  
Vänskä

Problem with sound volumes

I´m trying to make a radio play music. No problem there, but when it plays it, it can be heard miles away and you really can´t tell the origin of the sound. I´m using just basic: radio say "mysound". Same problem if I try to make units say something. Classes etc. should be fine. Turning down the volume from the description.ext has no effect (except if I turned it too low, I hear nothing). If I move my player far enough the sound can´t be heard so it doesn´t play like "music", but it doesn´t play properly at all.

Any help? I wonder if this is just a problem with my sound settings?

Turn the volume to something like 0.005 and load the map again. It's always possible to hear the faintest sound with the right audio hardware in this game, but play around with the volume. I use a volume like that for very local sounds, so you can hear it in a tight group but not much farther.

Turn the volume to something like 0.005 and load the map again. It's always possible to hear the faintest sound with the right audio hardware in this game, but play around with the volume. I use a volume like that for very local sounds, so you can hear it in a tight group but not much farther.

Doesnt work for me so I guess it´s a problem with my gear.