Sign in to follow this  
Jack-UK

Liberate Bangango

VERSION 1.5 RELEASED!!! PLEASE UPDATE YOUR SERVERS!!!

Hey there ArmA Community!

I made my first ArmA multiplayer map! Its a COOP for 30 players whos task is to attack the heavily defended city of Bagango. Soldiers are also required to eliminate a small Special forces camp a little way out of the city.

Features:

-Player Respawn

-Vehicle Respawn

-Urban Patrol script enemy AI

-Variety of vehicles, from Littlebird -> Stryker

-Cobra unlocked after Shilka's destroyed

-Requires smart team play in order to eliminate the Shilka's to allow for armed air support. Use ground troops/TOW vehicles to destroy the Shilkas.

-Should now be fine with JIP, mission should end for ALL players now

-Anti Teamkill Scripts added, No more noobs =P

-OBJ 2 soldiers now patrol + are more aware of your prescence

I think thats it... Please bare in mind this is my first ArmA map (and OFP i only made mess around maps for myself) so in reality this is my first map release in OFP and ArmA... so please be kind :P

Give it a try and give me some feedback whether you like it or not, and any suggestions on what i should improve etc =)

Cheers!

LINK

Liberate Bagango V1.5

Liberate Bagango <--- ArmAholic mirror

EDIT: Forgot to thank the following people: Thanks to KaRRiLLioN, norrin and Kronzky =) Great stuff guys  thumbs-up.gif

Gah, oh well, it was a long name :P

Updated top post with Armaholic mirror (cheers!wink_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

not played it yet -but uploaded to our server Jack!! smile_o.gif

edit:-

seems very popular mate!!

been full for last 2 hrs! smile_o.gif

Wow really? :O

If its popular maybe i'll refine a few bits of it...

Thanks =)

btw any suggestions are welcome, and they'd help me in map making as im a noob to it all lol

Thats Because we couldn't end it rofl.gif i joined near the end and everything everywhere was destroyed dead bodys everywhere but it seemed it wasnt ending, then only a select few got an end mission screen that would come off, so we quit and it seemed to join us back into the battle which wouldn't end again.

But it seems very promising.

lol wierd... I deliberately made it hard and long lasting.. the city's crawling with AI's.. both armoured and infantry.. i did test the triggers myself and they worked correctly.. but i guess something is amiss with multiplayer... maybe JIP related? :S

i'll look into it.. maybe its got something to do with the end mission trigger and a player joining after ONE of the two objectives have been completed...

Thats Because we couldn't end it rofl.gif

Damn!!! biggrin_o.gif

i need a better server watch program Matt!!!! wink_o.gif

wow this mission is hard (and fun)! Just tried it on my own and got annihilated....

Anyone know of a dedicated server running this map? Reckon I need some help!

Mandrake

Yup i deliberately made it hard so people would need to work as a team to win it wink_o.gif

the =22SAS= server has it uploaded, im going to be releasing a new version soon with some bug fixes and a few tweaks and maybe a new feature or two...

Tips for completing the mission:

1) Take out the shilkas by a ground force first

2) Clear objective 2 to get the Cobra

3) Use the cobra to supply air support while the rest of the units attack the city =)

I'll post once i've got it updated smile_o.gif

Version 1.5 Released

Check top post for new link + info.

Feedback still welcome wink_o.gif

Finally I got rid of the Shilkas and unlocked the cobra. Phew. Terrific mission!

You're obviously a natural at this mission designing lark - more of the same please sir!!!!

(BTW Not sure about playing on the =22SAS= server - I played a coop game there earlier with two clan members and they totally ignored my chat: they wouldn't answer my questions or even speak to me at all! Charming! )

Mandrake

Jack I finished your mission- my best ARMA experience so far, thanks notworthy.gif

Only two issues:

1. The mission didnt end, it just said 'Objective 2 completed'.

2. The spec ops 12.7mm's didnt engage my Cobra as I hovered over their mountain base, making it too easy to cleanse the base from the air (I was expecting/hoping to get shredded by them and have to send the grunts in!wink_o.gif. Maybe this is a bug with 1.04, I don't know...

Anyway, thks again,

Mandrake

Glad you enjoyed it smile_o.gif

1) Did you complete it on version 1.5 of the map? If so, did you get both Objective 1 is complete and objective 2 is complete messages? If not there would still be some ais hiding about in the city wink_o.gif

2) Yeah unfortunately thats a bug with the 1.04 patch so i cant do much about that i dont think sad_o.gif

I'll try and get some more maps created soon =)