Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

co2 The Sniper Trilogy

The MP Sniper Trilogy for 2 coop players

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Sniper</span>

You are tasked with eliminating a key Commander in the Democratic Republic. Your job as a sniper will be to infiltrate the enemy territory and eliminate the commander and escape unnoticed.

3-sniper.jpg

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Sniper 2: The Hunted</span>

You are tasked with escaping from behind enemy lines, its two hot to get any chopper in to extract you so we are sending a small boat. The boat will be located at the Playa Gyron.

3-sniper2th.jpg

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Sniper 3: Blood Shot</span>

You are tasked with a key recon mission deep behind enemy lines, about 10 days ago an american chopper was shot down, by the time our units got to the crashsite there was no one around, this could only mean our pilots escaped or got captured, we want you to recon this military camp and see what you can find.

3-sniper3bs.jpg

---------

Armaholic Mirror

======================

Thanks Too:

- Sickboy

- Kronzky

- Phill Commando

- Jeevz

- DrStrangelove

- Nightmare [sWAF]

- Shadowlord [sWAF]

======================

======================

Made in Game Version 1.04 [uK]

Please report any bugs thank you and have fun.

Niiiceee!

Changing your name to Shadowlord btw?

i changed my name to Shadowlord a long time ago lol, i didnt want to use my R3al name anymore so i use SL. Good time to change with SWAF becoming reborn.

I love sniper-missions pistols.gif Thanks Matt

matt  you swine  ..  lol ..

have been working on a set of missions trying to make a  two player camp ...

you ve set new standards...  crazy_o.gif

great job by the way  .. excellent  stuff ..

simple minds think a like !!

guess ill have to go for a 4 man job !

LOL im a fast mission maker..

i watched that Movie Sniper and though wow lets do that for ArmA for MP smile_o.gif 4 days 3 missions tounge2.gif

Last night me and a mate spent several hours playing these missions and they are excellent, REALLY hard, but great fun.

We spent most of the time on the second mission, taking a few attempts to get the start of the mission down, then our last attempt took us over an hour, we got round the village, only for night to fall and to be taken out by enemies further down the hill from us, ah well.

We only had a quick look at the third mission as it was getting late, but it looked good.

The only problem we had was with the first mission, for some reason the Commander wasn't leaving the base. When one of us died we saw on the free cam that the lead jeep was getting stuck on exiting the base. Is this a bug for everyone or just us?

It would be really cool to play the first mission properly as we found a great spot to pick the guy off from, and a possible extraction route.

Anyway, great missions, keep up the good work.

well we tried the two first missions with a friend, and we aren't really... well actually we got our faces beaten to pulp pretty wildly, even in easy mode.

We where actually wondering about a fes things things:

-In the first mission we have been able to reach the perfect point for ambushing the officier, however we waited and waited and nothing was coming down the road.

-did the mission maker beat his own mission?

-does sending like 40 or 50 troops again a pair of fugitives realistic?

Yeah, missions are extremely hardcore, but fun biggrin_o.gif

well we tried the two first missions with a friend, and we aren't really... well actually we got our faces beaten to pulp pretty wildly, even in easy mode.

We where actually wondering about a fes things things:

-In the first mission we have been able to reach the perfect point for ambushing the officier, however we waited and waited and nothing was coming down the road.

-did the mission maker beat his own mission?

-does sending like 40 or 50 troops again a pair of fugitives realistic?

Well i never tried to complete the first mission hehe.. although in testing he did drive down the road.

And for your second question .. "The Heroes of Telemark"

there was thousands of germans chasing after about 10 guys.. pretty much sums that up hehe.

Have you found what the problem is with the first mission yet?

nope seems to work for me although i will add a failsafe that after the 5 min when he is suppost to leave 2 min later i will teleport his team into the jeeps and safly out of the village onto the road to see if that helps.

Quote[/b] ]There will be no more updates from me on this forum..  

you will though find them on other forums.

pleased  you come round mate ...

wanna slice of pie (humble flavour)... lol

now get youre dummy back in

and start making more of the great missions youre known for ...

biggrin_o.gif

This is whats to come:

Update:

- Update to All 3 Sniper Missions

- Follow Up Episode ( This will continue on from the last sniper mission, when you get to the extraxtion and LB pics you up this mission will start in that same LB when it crashes.. so there will be 2 Snipers and a Pilot this time..) - 'Sniper: Long Days Part 1'

then there will be another one 'Sniper: Long Days Part 2'

I just played through sniper 1 and 2 with Special Ed. Here's what I have to say about these missions.

I'll write these first in the form of what my thought process was in linear fashion. Note that this will contain serious spoilers.

We where playing 1.08 veteran.

M1:

We played this on clear night, easy difficulty.

The briefing didn't state the officer's mode of transportation. I just figured, you know, officers don't walk, so he'll be in a jeep or *maybe* a truck. So, here was the initial plan:

M1_Plan_1T.jpg

Full Size

We where in the process of infiltrating when we got a message just a couple of minutes into the game that said the officer was leaving. I was like, we haven't had any time to get into position. We started over 500 meters from the nearest good firing position, and we're expected to be there instantly? 10 more minutes before he leaves would *not* go amiss. So, we ran our asses off to the firing position, took cover, got ready to fire, but he didn't show. Figuring we missed him, we tried again.

On attempt 2, we knew that the area wasn't patrolled so we skipped wp 1 and hurried instead of doing a careful infiltration. Getting there early this time, we waited in position for the officer to leave. No show again. This time, I figured it was just a silly hickup, like the vehicle flipped after hitting a bump in the road (which I've seen happen before).

On attempt 3, still no show.

On attempt 4, still no show, we where loosing patience.

On attempt 5, we decided we where going to try one more time, and if he didn't show, we'd go to him. He didn't, and here was our new mission plan.

M1_Plan_2T.jpg

Full Size

(The green shows our mission plan after observing the officer.)

After leaving the first firing position, moving to the observation point, we didn't encounter a single enemy soldier... In fact, the only soldiers we ever saw during the whole mission leading up to the observation point where walking around down on that road.

When we reached the observation point, we spotted 2 UAZs, but we where looking at them from the backside so we didn't know for sure which the officer was in. We also noted that there where no enemy soldiers outside the UAZs and there where a couple of empty off road civilian vehicles there. The plan of action was that I would get into a firing position on the officer, which is marked on the map, while my friend stayed on the hill. When I fired, he would fill the other UAZ with holes to make sure anyone there was dead, while I wiped out the people in the officer's UAZ. Then, we assaulted to make sure everyone was dead, hopped into a civil off road vehicle and make tracks heading east but ditched it in a stand of trees due to concern over enemy soldiers and a hind flying around the area, then proceeded cautiously south.

When we hit the gravel road leading to the extraction point, we still had not spotted any enemies. We stopped at the edge of the clearing, and the spotter noted some enemy soldiers walking around the LZ. Just before we got around to dealing with them so the helicopter could safely land, the mission ended.

M2:

We played this on misty night, easy difficulty.

Since the insertion point was not marked in any way, and there was a sniper that kept killing us as I was just attempting to figure out where in the world we where, it took a couple of tries to get the position narrowed down enough that a plan of action could even be formed.

We basically had 2 options, attempt to go through the valley with little cover trying to avoid what would probably be swarms of enemy patrols, or take the plateau not 400 meters away which would give us ample cover and observation points. I think that's a pretty easy choice to make, so here was our mission plan:

M2_PlanT.jpg

Full Size

Note there where a few planned alternate courses we never took that are not shown here.

Since that sniper was in such a hurry to find us (I'm guessing a constant domove on my position or something or destroy waypoint on the team leader) we ran to the ambush point and killed him as he crossed the open. Seeing that no one else was coming immediately, we hiked up to the top of the plateau and basically followed the ridge line until we came to the observation point.

When we got there, we found that we couldn't even see the valley due to the mist so we continued on to the the next observation point. Since there was no one there, we made our way down to the next observation point overlooking the extraction point.

Again, no one there, so we went to the boat, mission ended.

Cons:

First, *none* of the missions have the starting location marked. In mission 1 and 3, this isn't too big a deal, since you start in a parachute and you have the black locater crosshair to mark where you are. In 2, there was no indication whatsoever of our location whatsoever. In the second mission, this was *very* annoying since there was an enemy sniper that killed us aa couple of times as I was attempting to figure out our location.

M1 Problems:

The sniper in the position selection screen shows as the team leader, but

the spotter is really the team leader, this led to some confusion.

No time to safely get into position.

Rather lifeless landscape.

Bugged convoy never moves.

No real extraction.

Poor Briefing.

M2 Problems:

The sniper in the position selection screen shows as the team leader, but

the spotter is really the team leader, this led to some confusion.

That sniper chases much too aggressively. The way he goes is suicide.

Rather lifeless landscape.

It would be nice if you got to relax a little by high tailing it out of

dodge in the boat.

Poor Briefing.

Pros:

The time of day and difficulty selections where pretty cool.

The core concept is cool. A 2 man sniper team could be perfect for 2 player co-op.

Overall opinion:

"4 days 3 missions" - Matt Rochelle, Mission Author

It really shows.

While the concept is cool and exciting enough, the execution leaves more than enough to be desired. The only part of these missions that I honestly found enjoyable whatsoever was the land nav, but that's not the mission's merit, but rather arma's.

Thanks for the detailed review which helps a lot whether this missions are worth to play or not.

Maybe you had not so much time to play but i wonder why you played these missions in easy-mode. IMO at this difficult the ai is not an equal competitor against humans.

i wonder why you played these missions in easy-mode. IMO at this difficult the ai is not an equal competitor against humans.

The reason we played in easy mode was that special ed (the guy I was playing with) recently took a long break from arma and video games in general and hasn't been back on the scene very long. I figure it would only add a few patrols anyways, and the routes we took circumvented the enemy patrols completely so I doubt that difficutly would have had any effect on this review at all.

Thanks for that, can i ask if you were on a dedi server or someone was hosting as this may affect the patrols and such im not sure but as i do this long awaited update Kronzy patrols scripts will also be updated to the latest versions.

And yes the the enemy sniper uses PhillCommandos Tiger Scripts from ofp to track you.

All Points Duely noted. smile_o.gif

Thanks for that, can i ask if you were on a dedi server or someone was hosting as this may affect the patrols and such im not sure but as i do this long awaited update Kronzy patrols scripts will also be updated to the latest versions.

And yes the the enemy sniper uses PhillCommandos Tiger Scripts from ofp to track you.

All Points Duely noted. smile_o.gif

I hosted, special ed joined me.

A dedi server for a 2 player game is a little silly wink_o.gif.

This pretty old now, but it's also worth noting that the first mission doesn't have any WPs set for the officer and convoy past getting in the vehicles.

The third mission, the pilot won't die until you radio in that he's dead after shooting him sufficiently. I only realised this after extensive testing in the editor.

The loadouts for the sniper/observer is unrealistic. For example both do not come with full ammo loadout - what team would go out like this 3/4 primary ammo full and 1/2 ammo for sidearm.

Also the observer should be carrying a rifle with m203 - currently they do not.