Sign in to follow this  
HamishUK

Another reason for my wife to go quiet on me....

Yeah thanks to the people who posted pics of this game I read a review in a magazine. Checked out the screenshots and that convinced me enough to buy the game.

"Another game!" my wife declares.

I have now had the silent treatment for 2 days.

So thanks 'screenshot' guys....wife hates me now.... wink_o.gif

Got my copy a couple days ago. Spent the last two days working on missions. Wife not happy; had to placate her...if you know what I mean... whistle.gif

Haha, know the feeling guys.

She still asks me now and then "how the hell can you enjoy playing a game".

Can't complain in the end though, because she knows that taking this away from me will make me very unhappy wink_o.gif

" 'cuz they're violent! Now shaddap before you get five across the eyes!"

I like my humour like I like my coffee!

Bought the missis another pc to shut her up!!!

Had a massive row with her thursday night!! she actually had my pc in her hands threatening to throw it!!! crazy_o.gif

if she had -i wouldnt be here posting now!

and i dont mean cause the pc was broke!!! wink_o.gifwink_o.gifwink_o.gif

so yeah pc games do make ppl violent! biggrin_o.gif

I'm sure the misses would prefer me to be playing computer games than having an affair....

Hang on, I don't need to justify playing ArmA!

there are some girls/women who enjoy these types of games too, they are rare but if you have one, you are one lucky bugger lol, could always try to convince them its educational in some level, or perhaps "i have to play it cus its work related"

The only way for me (as I see it) is to tell her that i switched to "this engine" and I must make multiplayer missions for them biggrin_o.gif ehh kiddin', i have one day per week reserved only for ArmA smile_o.gif

Damn better not let mine see that last post!!!

i aint got one day a week reserved for her!!! biggrin_o.gif

The only way for me (as I see it) is to tell her that i switched to "this engine" and I must make multiplayer missions for them biggrin_o.gif ehh kiddin', i have one day per week reserved only for ArmA smile_o.gif

eep.. 1 day per week?!

how can you live with only 1 day per week! i admire you, plz teach me..

My girl (of 6 years) actually likes that I spend so much time in virtual land. Calls me 'geek squad'. See i live on a tropical island with lots of bikinis running around so she appreciates my err... reformed behavior whistle.gif

Hint- take care of her 'needs' before you plan a long session

What island might that be? biggrin_o.gif

Think that's the island that could make me forget about Arma, J/K guys, I love my wife too much for that wink_o.gif

After many years the gaming hobby of me and the dislike of gaming of my wife established some kind of DMZ, a stalemate if you like.

But things are shifting thanks to my kids (4 and 8). They both enjoy the occasional XLA demo's of 360 (Frogger, Pacman and even full blown games like Burnout)

So it seems to become a 3 vs 1 affair:)

My wife calls herself a PC widow.

Now, time is scarce, can only play 3-4 eve's a week, we have to make 'quality' time and watch TV, I mean how is that quality time ? Still, always got the laptop on so I can 'watch tv' with her while surfing...

or perhaps "i have to play it cus its work related"

Works for me tounge2.gif

I had this happen back in the day (Duke 3d, Descent 1). I achieved my long term goal of getting the wifey addicted to gaming as well - no problems now smile_o.gif

or perhaps "i have to play it cus its work related"

Works for me tounge2.gif

Lucky bugger, wish it was that way for me, but i cant complain anyways, I'm single again. yay.gif

Hi guys, my wife like that i play games, it keeps me in the house not out running with the single friends... wink_o.gif

And i have a understandment that i only use 4-5 hours a day, and most have to been when my two daughters(twins) are put to bed in night...  biggrin_o.gif  

So i cant complain much  yay.gif

So i cant complain much  yay.gif

Same here. But I'm apsolutely giving an advantage to the family life and its obligations over the game's playing (so I'm always on a tight with a (free) time for it), so in return I have an understanding and loving  wink_o.gif  wife; heck, I'm even receiving a pc games from her as gifts.  biggrin_o.gif

I have now had the silent treatment for 2 days.

2 whole days to enjoy ArmA in total peace and quiet without interuption? Sheer bliss! You should be gratefull to the screenshot guys. biggrin_o.gif

Cheers,

Stewart

Ah your wives have obviously never played ArmA...

Who could resist such a brilliant game? :P

(Play it in a window and religiously learn to use ALT + Tab and have Word open in another window wink_o.gif )

I have to play it... every kid needs a toy.All the time i buy barbies to my inlove.gif girls, hmm and what i give to my wife , inlove.gif and understanding.Guys you need to help your wifes and than you will have peace around your PCs...

I defend myself by telling her; would you rather want a man that spends his time at the pub getting drunk, go watch the footie on sundays, ending at the pub again and not going home before having a fight (at tha same pub, or another).

I le you guess wha the answer is... pistols.gif

hey i have the best of both worlds!!!

permantly pissed at the pc!!!! yay.gif