Sign in to follow this  
Happynoj

Worlds

OK, I have Operation Flashpoint (no mods or expansions). I downloaded some worlds, and it said that they required the original game, not resistance. I unzipped and unPBOed the files into the worlds folder in the OFP game folder on my hard drive. I don't realy know what the worlds should do, but I assumed they would appear in the Mission Editor menu. They are not there. Have I got the wrong end of the stick or have I done it wrong?

Firstly, I recommend buying Resistance! It can be bought for the price of a couple of beers and as you may have noticed, 90% of addons require resistance. It is an engine update, not just a addon pack.

An island addon is made up of a minimum of 2 files : a wrp file and a config file. The wrp is data, and the config tells the game that the data exists and where to find it. As a end user, you don't need to know any of that, just put the pbo file (not it's contents) into the addons folder. You do not need to unpbo any addon unless you are trying to modify the contents. Pbo files are treated like virtual folders by the game engine.

The worlds folder has no significance other than that is where BI chose to place the default islands wrp files (maybe to speed up loading times, as pbos need to be decoded in game?). Some addon islands might need a wrp file to be installed in the worlds folder, but that is just a (bad) choice the island maker has made.

What that guy said.

Then

Put the PBO's in your Operation Flashpoint/Addons folder.