Sign in to follow this  
norrin

SQF revive script

ermm... sorry to say but for now I decided to use previous version. (1k) I'm so close releasing new mission that I'll play it safe.

I'll add the new version to next mission.

However: I'd like to add the "param2" option to choose number of revives to mission start to the 1k version... can it be done? notworthy.gif

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you are not using param2 for something else.

Just put this in the description.ext<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">titleParam2 = "Number of Revives:";

valuesParam2[] = {1000,20,10,7,5};

defValueParam2 = 7;

textsParam2[] = {"Infinite - Cadet","20 - Easy ","10 - Normal","7  - Hard","5  - Extreme"}; and set the

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NORRN_max_respawns = param2; in the init.sqf and it should work.

Thanks norrin, I'll have a look into it. Due to lack of players it may take a while. On thursday the players want to play co30 domination and another map of my clan members so there won't be any revival tests up to saturday I think.

Thanks norrin, I'll have a look into it. Due to lack of players it may take a while. On thursday the players want to play co30 domination and another map of my clan members so there won't be any revival tests up to saturday I think.

we can always test if it is not a huge mission...up to 3-4 players should be no problem...feel free to use us....:)

We it IS a huge mission biggrin_o.gif Bringing a convoy from hunapu to corazol takes up to 3 hours thanks to the enemy. And you'll need a lot of addons. Nahh, I don't think it would be good idea now.

hello , I am working to add the revive script in the payback mission (great big mission) but it dont work (it work with the 1.0j version)

when I die the revive script work OK but after some seconds , I respawn on the respawn marker 1 (but nobody have revive me)

and sometime the revive button appear befor the _NORRN_respawn_button_timer = 300;

the mission

Co40_Payback_v16_rev11.Sara.pbo

I don't know what is wrong (it work fine with the 1.0j)

when this mission will work , I will update all my missions with the new revive script version

AI_disabled update 1.1d (updated files to version 1.1d on 16th Nov)

OK, here's some fixes for the latest version:

Changes/fixes

Introduced the respawn point dialog if you have respawn points defined and you die in water.

Fixed a bug whereby the unit would sometimes stand before falling unconscious.

I've gone back to using the follow the leader code from ver 1j as the new code was causing the groups to disband.

I've fixed an error in the scripts that may have caused problems when using sides other than BLUFOR

Fixed a an error identified by Crawler in the camera script. Thanks for that m8 smile_o.gif

Bugs I've identified an annoying bug. If your mission covers a large expanse of territory and you fall unconscious a long way from your defined respawn point other players will see you stand momentarily before you are revived however this is not noticable to the unconscious player. I've tried quite a few fixes for this but no luck so far as it seems that if your are teleported a long distance you arrive standing no matter how the code's set up.

@Gonza - Here's your mission. With the latest version of the code enabled. I've moved the respawn_west and respawn_guerrila away from the bases and you no longer see yourself respawning. I think the respawn dialog was appearing unexpectedly cause you had the all dead dialog set to 1.

@Legislator, this is the code you want to try next m8 as its got a few fixes over the one I posted yesterday. (The changes only occur in the new revive_player.sqf and camera_follow.sqs so you can just copy these into your mission if you prefer).

norrin have you ever thought about outsourcing your code in an

addon and let only the settings possible to change via the mission

itself?

Of course an addon has some downsides too (needed by every

player), yet I guess revive respawn missions are mainly used by

clans / squads. They should be able to manage that every

player has the addon.

The big benefit is that you only need to update the addon and

not the missions itself once you need to update the revive

respawn scripts.

Of course for fundamental changes or additions, people still need

to edit their missions - its far less effort and hassle on their side

though.

Just a thought. smile_o.gif

Keep on mate!

itself?

Of course an addon has some downsides too (needed by every

player), yet I guess revive respawn missions are mainly used by

clans / squads. They should be able to manage that every

player has the addon.

The big benefit is that you only need to update the addon and

not the missions itself once you need to update the revive

respawn scripts.

Of course for fundamental changes or additions, people still need

to edit their missions - its far less effort and hassle on their side

though.

Just a thought. smile_o.gif

Keep on mate!

I think that has one benefit and one drawback:

benefit: quick updates

drawback: not good in public servers...

When i started playing OFP i was put off 3 times before i got into the game because of the massive amount of addons/mods etc that i needed to join a server...hence the game became niche and not as friendly for newcomers.

i think public servers with revive missions can keep lots of players in the game that they don't like run and gun and they like teamwork...but they don't want to go to the other end either where they have to wait 1 hour before they can play again if they die...

Very true.

It should be possible to make the addon not required and

make a fallback option in the mission itself to have the mission

work even for people without the addon.

This could get dirty though. biggrin_o.gif

personally i would like BIS to include that option in Arma2...and make it server option..

itself?

I think if I had my time again with this script I would have done things very differently. I really do apologise for the constant updates and I understand I'm driving mission makers crazy with the changes and you're right there is alot to be said for making this an addon.

Luckily missions made with revive vers 1j and 1k should work fine under most server conditions so in most cases don't need to be revised. You should only run into problems with script lag if a lot of players constantly reconnect and disconnect on a long mission such as Domination on a public server or you were having conflict problems with other scripts like GPL2+.

With the new version hopefully now there is really only one more bug to fix in the AI_disabled script (how many times have I said that already icon_rolleyes.gif ) and that's the standing bug on being revived, which I think I may already have a fix for just need to test, not to mention the follow the leader bug (but that may be out of my control) and barring any new features being added the only thing that will need to be changed in future is the revive_player.sqf script.

Quote[/b] ]I think if I had my time again with this script I would have done things very differently. I really do apologise for the constant updates and I understand I'm driving mission makers crazy with the changes and you're right there is alot to be said for making this an addon.

Yeah! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]and that's the standing bug on being revived

Standing bug? You mean the player standing after getting revived? I thought it was feature? I like it better than crouching around helpless at the respawn point. The players like it too.

Bug report: AI Disabled 1.1c

- After a player dieds on a water, he can use the respawn button (yeah, great thanks! biggrin_o.gif ) but after spawning at a respawn point the player is still setCaptive

- A small bug occurred after hitting the respawn button on the water. The chase cam didn't disappear. One time to hit the ESC key and everything was ok

By the way .. our server master has managed to combine the revival script (by using one of its marker), the blackhawk medevac and a small script-created camp to get a really cool mobile respawn. You can check it out after it is finished and bugfree thumbs-up.gif

Update AI_disabled script

Just a quick fix for the setcaptive error legislator discovered in the latest code.

I've also added some code that should fix the standing when revived bug.

If you are already using version 1.1c you only need to replace the revive_player.sqf which you can get here

You can get the entire script suite with instructions and revised revive_player.sqf (ver 1.1d) from here

@legislator - I think we may be talking about two slightly different things. When a player is revived he is transfered from the respawn point (eg respawn_west) to where he was killed and the temporary unconscious body is deleted. If the distance between where the player died and the respawn point is too far when the players body reappears at the site of his death to other players he appears standing for a moment prior to dropping to the ground. If the distance is not far the player will appear at the site of his death lying down and coming out of the unconscious animation (this is how its meant to work). In either case the unconscious player will not see this transition, he just regains control lying where he died.

This problem seems to be related to both the distance between the respawnpoint and site of death and the optimisation of the mission. If the mission makes the server chug then this problem becomes very apparent and you may still see this happen even with the fix in place.

@norrin

Please do not change the versions "version" to often please.

Quote[/b] ]

The latest version (1.1) is available here:

Anyway you can get the latest version (1K) of the AI_disabled script from here

AI_Disabled Revive Update (version 1.1)

AI_disabled update 1.1d (updated files to version 1.1d on 16th Nov)

Actual

If you are already using version 1.1c you only need to replace the revive_player.sqf which you can get here

You can get the entire script suite with instructions and revised revive_player.sqf (ver 1.1d) from here

In the versions before i could use the nightvision googles as showed in the dialog "M/N".

In version after 1_k i could not ... now there is another version.

i will test the new version with actual "version_naming" this evening ;-)

Anyway this was the only error i saw in a short test

M8 I'm sorry for this but this script has become something of a curse to me and at times I would like to be rid of them.  

When I change the script I usually run a series of standard tests that catch most of the likely problems and bugs but I don't catch everything.  Although it may not seem like it the 1.1 versions represent a massive change to the way the revive scripts operate and are written and because of these changes there are going to be, unfortunately, a few changes necesary until all the bugs are ironed out.  

Hopefully the only changes in future will be to the  revive_player.sqf so all you'll need to do is swap that file for the latest version (unless I have to fix the camera see below).

I've had a quick look into the NV goggle problem and the camera "n" key switch still works for the top down and the front view but not the built-in follow view or 1st person view so I'll look into this further but it could be related to the way these camera views are hardcoded in which case I might need to add a separate night vision follow view.

@MCPXXL - Do you want a follow cam with NVG mode?

@Legislator - unfortunately Crawler has found one more bug and that is if you die in a building above ground level your unconscious body appears on the ground floor and it may be impossible for someone to get to you and revive you. sad_o.gif

I wonder would it be possible to make the changes of succesful reviving depending on how long it takes the reviver to get there?

@norrin

We got often this Message in the RPT like this...

Quote[/b] ]WARNING: Function 'name' - MCPXXL is dead

And will the healer be shooten while healing it comes an error

@norrin

We got often this Message in the RPT like this...

Quote[/b] ]WARNING: Function 'name' - MCPXXL is dead

And will the healer be shooten while healing it comes an error

I think its an error with the camera script and I've got a good idea what's responsible, I'll look into it.

Good news is I've finally found a way to fix the disappearing/falling body problem in buildings.  Its a very simple solution that works nicely only problem is the simple solution took quite some time to find.   Just want to to do a few more tests and I post the fixes as soon as I can.

@Vanska, its a nice idea and it would be good to combine the length of time unconscious with the body part hit to give a % chance of successful revival. Once all the bugs are removed from the current script I'll look into it further. smile_o.gif

hello norrin

a little feedback

thanks for your excelente work

the mission payback work well now with the 1.1d

Co40_Payback_v16_rev11d.Sara.pbo

sometime there is a little bug:

in mission I have put respawn_west and respawn_guerilla markers on a little island

and sometime when players become inconsiouse they respawn on the little island not inconsiouse

so

when they are on the little islande players must press escape and respawn and after that they return inconsiouse where there have been shouted

sorry for my enlgish but I am french  wink_o.gif

Update AI_disabled revive(ver 1.1e)

As promised here's the fixes for the latest version of the AI_disabled revive.  

If you are already using version 1.1 all you need to do is download the 3 files in this zip file (1.1e fix) and copy them over the existing files in the revive_sqf folder.

If you are using the 1.1 version for the first time then you can get a copy of the full suite of scripts and demo mission here(1.1e full)

Fixes

1. Players no longer fall through the floors of buildings when they fall unconscious

2. Eradicated the function name error that was appearing in the arma.rpt file in almost all cases - still very very occasionally this will pop up unfortunately.

Additions

As I was changing the camera script anyway I added a second follow cam that can be used with the night vision toggle (good for following players not so good for vehicles)

Bugs and ArmA wierdness

*If you are shot on an elevated part of a bridge over land the script works as it should however if you are shot on the centre span of a bridge (ie. over the water) for some reason your body falls through the bridge into the water directly underneath. This isn't a problem though as the respawn dialog appears (you can press escape if you like and swim to the shore b4 falling unconsiocus).

*If you press the respawn dialog while swimming and you respawn at base you often appear on land locked in the swimming animation.  Sometimes it stops and sometimes it doesn't.  If this occurs you will have to respawn to escape this bug.  I've tried a few things to fix this but I think it maybe a bug in ArmA. If anybody has suggestions on how to fix this please let me know.

@gonza - I've seen what your describing once in testing, but not since the latest changes. This maybe a lucky accident though so if it keeps occurring let me know as it sounds like for some reason the camera script is not triggering.

EDIT: downloads updated with Crawler's camera fix