Tactical Jerky

Upcoming tactical shooter from Blackfoot Studios: Ground Branch

In the ghostrecon.net forums there is a thread where Jsonedecker (an original Rainbow6, Ghost Recon dev.) from Blackfoot Studios is giving hints about his new upcoming tactical shooter which you people might find interesting.

Quote[/b] ] You guys remember when you played a mission in GR, you carefully considered every step, plotting and planning every movement over wide and varying terrain in order to have the upper hand on a challenging and often unforgiving enemy? What happened to that? That feeling of tension you felt, knowing that any wrong move could often prove fatal? That tension is long gone for me. As I bound from objective to objective, encountering the same scenario of a group of guys waiting to ambush me in one direction, just so that I can blow something up and then run off to my next task of 10 in a mission, I can't help but feel like a high-speed errand boy. It would seem these days players are content with scripted sequences and lots of incompetant enemies.

Remember when you used to praise GR for it's realism and attention to detail? I used to be quite impressed with the detailed textures and models, most of them modeled directly from real loadouts currently used in the field. Yeah, the game was set in the near future, but what was really catching was GR's similarity to present-day combat. ess.

Those days aren't over, they are just taking a vacation.  

The premise and execution of the GRAW games is great, but evolved a considerable amount, in my opinion, from the originals. The same can be said for the R6 series as well. That original design philosophy and love of the core gameplay mechanics are alive and well in one particular place.

Stay tuned.

-John

These are the teasers he gave:

Pictures:

Tease_01.jpg      

Tease_02.JPG      

Tease_03.JPG      

Tease_05.JPG      

Tease_06.JPG      

Drager_LAR_V_small.JPG

Hints and useful info:

On a comment about the platform it will be released on: "PC first.... 360 second".

"Totaly obscure hint........ GB".

The second picture is confirmed to be a Tac-Board used in dive operations.

On a question if we have to think months or year about the game's release date John replies with: "Year".

The unit in this game has been confirmed not to be: Navy Seals, SBS, SF Combat Diver teams.

"THey are definately not conventional forces.".

In reponse to a question about the map sizes Jonh replies: "It will be of a fixed size, but I have no idea what that size is yet. They will also be open maps like OGR with the ability to take care of objectives and issues that arise as you see fit. We are not interested in the "do anything anywhere" or funneled hero character approaches.".

On the question if BFS will provide a full sdk with the game John replies with: "That is the plan. As you said, it's early so anything can happen though.".

Possibly encrypted teaser:

"As a side, my 3 favorite game companies, as a developer and for various reasons, are:

Epic

Gearbox Software

RSE 1997-2001

Maybe that will give some insight to some of the inspiration for BFS.".

"It's an actual unit, but the men are drawn from many different branches of the military.

I believe someone got pretty close in this thread, and there is actually a hint in this very post.".

Knowing his past projects (R6,GR1) and people around him I personally expect alot from this project.

judge from the gamming market now a days? i heavily doubt that confused_o.gif

oh and dont forget that these shot is already easily taken from arma right now

Trust me these guys aren't planning to bring the next Hollywood style shooter onto the market. Realism is the foundation for this game.

Trust me these guys aren't planning to bring the next Hollywood style shooter onto the market. Realism is the foundation for this game.

i am a huge GR1 and R6 fans b4 OFP but since someone xcrew all CT titled game and having BIS as "how hard to be developer" example i have huge doubt about that

lets cross our fingers m8

I thought these guys were ex red storm doing artwork for other companies (like ubi). With GR now turned into sci-fi this is something i'll keep an eye for, even without a proprietary engine and in very early development they seem atleast willing to do something good smile_o.gif .

Mmmmh ... maritime SF units? Interesting.

Imagine R6 (RavenShield) realism mixed with driving boats / diving to shore and then dealing with tasks behind enemy lines - WOAH! xmas_o.gif

)rStrangelove @ Feb. 27 2007,21:52)]Mmmmh ... maritime SF units? Interesting.

Imagine R6 (RavenShield) realism mixed with driving boats / diving to shore and then dealing with tasks behind enemy lines - WOAH!  xmas_o.gif

Yup following the clues such a game can be expected.

A new teaser image has been released that shows Drager Lar 5 breathing apparatus: http://www.blackfootstudios.com/images/media/Drager_LAR_V.jpg

Always playing regularly and enjoying the 1st Ghost Recon, i will certainly have an eye on the future of this project.

Actually just started playing GR1 with the expansions again, in MP with a mate (Helping Hand), great fun. Looking forward to this.

Redstorm Entertainment was undoubtly my favorite developer back in the day. I am glad they are making a comeback with other talented folks.

Well I must admit that this game looked rather interesting until I read a certain statement by one of the developers.

Quote[/b] ]I don't forsee us making maps that require a vehicle to traverse to the other side, sorry.

The game just lost 80 % appeal in my book confused_o.gif

^ The infamous vehicle v. no vehicle debate.

I like vehicles myself, but I'm sure you'll be curious if/when a demo releases...

clandestine CIA ops will get my attention every time.

Well I must admit that this game looked rather interesting until I read a certain statement by one of the developers.
Quote[/b] ]I don't forsee us making maps that require a vehicle to traverse to the other side, sorry.

The game just lost 80 % appeal in my book confused_o.gif

That's because you are expecting it to be like ArmA/OFP. Think of it more as a Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon type game. Referring to the old ones of course, not the arcade-type junk. At least that's what I'm expecting.

Guest Ti0n3r

Looks interesting, but it will probably just be another unrealistic USA-spreading-the-torch-of-freedom game where you fight the drunken Russian/fanatic middle easterner etc etc...

Let's hope I'm dead wrong.