Tactical Jerky

Upcoming tactical shooter from Blackfoot Studios: Ground Branch

If Groundbranch can take anything from the Takedown debacle, it's don't take the bun out of the oven until it's ready. And definitely don't pretend the cold mush is finished as intended if you do.

First of Takedown is out. The debacle they had was trying to please Steam and Non Steam players which screwed up their connectivity which is fixed now. Ground Branch has been Vaporware for 10 years, 3 engines,2 kickstarters and NOW they are talking of Playstation projects? Is that what the KS is for now? Im sorry they gotta be better than that for me to buy into it.

Hmm... the about Sony, give me a moment.

<Checks task list>

Nope, no mention of PS4/Vita.

Just stuff about the STANAG magazine being incorrectly aligned... wait, nope, that's on svn.

So no, no PS4/Vita projects... yet.

That's what it is about - letting people know that we are capable of...

... diving into development on these platforms at some time in the near future.

And as I said to you at ghostrecon.net - 2 engines, 1 kickstarter, but who's counting? :P

Looks like Ground Branch will be going straight to Early Access in a month or so rather than starting a second Kickstarter campaign. Personally I think this is a better idea as they spend more time on development and no money gets lost to Kickstarter fees. Read more here:

http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6998

It will also likely be the first Unreal Engine 4 game available, even if in buggy alpha form. Some early WIP UE4 screen shots:

http://www.groundbranch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/CharacterSets1.jpg

http://www.groundbranch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/WIP_KH_Outside_01.jpg

* I started a new topic because the old one was roughly 7 years old with lots of out dated information (game engine, some other features).

Another game that looks interesting. Does anyone know if its going to accept community content i.e. mod/addons etc ?

I think they are our at least were. Some ppl were making maps and weapons for the game on their official forums. Not sure if that changed though.

I think they are our at least were. Some ppl were making maps and weapons for the game on their official forums. Not sure if that changed though.

Oh, thanks for the reply, will be looking at this for sure.

Threads merged. Please keep the discussion in one place.

With respect,

The BIF Censorship and Propaganda Office

Edited by Maio

Another game that looks interesting. Does anyone know if its going to accept community content i.e. mod/addons etc ?

That was always the plan. I assume it is still the plan. It will likely not only be the first Unreal Engine 4 game, but the first moddable one.

That was always the plan. I assume it is still the plan. It will likely not only be the first Unreal Engine 4 game, but the first moddable one.

In that case, it makes it all the more interesting, thanks.:)

Those screens made me think of Novalogics Joint Operations(with upgraded gfx) which i loved :cool:

Like the UE4 screens. Picture of some of optics:

We thought it would be a good idea to pop our heads up for a second and let everyone know that things are moving along well. Paperwork is close to being done and other legal issues are being wrapped up. We are also getting in some much needed feature work as well. We will keep you posted on our timeline once it becomes a bit more clear.

Since I'm here, I might as well show off the optic choices you will have when you first start playing Ground Branch. More will be added of course, but these should cover most of your needs when getting started. And yes, we know the reticules on the holo and reflex sights are not accurate. They are the way they are for testing at the moment. :)

http://www.groundbranch.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Optics.jpg

That perspective makes the optics look rather oversized. Looking forward to the progress, though.

The second new video shows the Occulus Rift. Obviously, the achievement thing is a joke.

Another post and some in-game footage (yay!):

Looking better than Red Sabres Killhouse so far. (not much anyone could do wrong there, and yes, i can judge THAT from looking at videos!)

Now just make Ground Branchs AI's surpass (or at least match) SWAT 4 AI, and "IM FUCKING IN"!

Add level- & missioneditor = :yay:

Lean, yes.

Track IR, yes, but no done.

The achievement is a joke, yes.

Had a few people ask about that :)

We'll get into AI properly when we can.

Props for good work, as always Kris and rest of You guys :)

Can't wait for Early Access

It sounds like good news, however does anyone know if there is going to be a mission editor of some type. I know they were thinking about it.

Also I see its going initially to MP (sad really), will it be mod'able, when will details be released concerning that side of things. Also any talk regards AI for the game, will it be included, how good, plus posibilities of modded AI being brought in.

I like the look of this game, but for me and the player/groups I know, its really important for the AI to be top notch, provided its mod'able there is a chance this may happen.

The Fragout Studios, anything to do with SMK movements used in A3 here. ?

All questions I know, but you never know if an answer comes your way..:)

Edit: Also anyone know if 'Sniper Tactical' is for pc or just mobile type thing.? O.K. ignore, found out its for Android:(

Edited by ChrisB

Yeah, the leader of the FragOut studios is the author of both SMK anims and animations in A3.

AFAIR they never said they are changing their plans from what was planned before: both SP and MP with strong Coop and PvP sides, mod tools \ SDK, most or everything open for modding. AI wasn't discussed heavily, around the Kickstarter pledge they mentioned that if they hit certain amount of cash they'd buy one of the external solutions for semi-autonomic AI (or something close to that). But nothing solid IIRC. It's just that priorities shifted and IMO the faster they can get a decent funding and backup from some extra developers, the faster we'll be at the point where the AI will come into play.

Edited by JonPL

News: http://www.onlysp.com/all-new-details-on-ground-branch-the-upcoming-unreal-engine-4-tactical-fps-exclusive-interview/

Video about new Effects:

Not sure if rain or the tears of all the players desperately waiting:

There should be a requirement to label a game as a potential health hazard if it includes such sound effects like that flashbang.