Tactical Jerky

Upcoming tactical shooter from Blackfoot Studios: Ground Branch

Agree. I flat out loved Swat 4 (still do) but could never get into the MP aspect -dunno why, it just lacked the same immersion. The game that finally manages to scale out from Arma 2 sized country to room-room clearing of Swat will be The End Game.

AI takes time and knowledge; They probably will release a MP ready game and use that money to improve the whole game and maybe add a SP component.

An America's Army style game is fine for me.

Woah, that's a pretty old video.

Plenty of updates since then, including to the loadout system.

dev_ingame_20130701a-444x250.jpg

Rough, but getting there.

Woah, that's a pretty old video.

Plenty of updates since then, including to the loadout system.

Rough, but getting there.

Ha thought I might find you here also, nice work on the recent wip. Look forward to see the animations mentioned when holding the weapon I like the way your handling it. Got the weapon inventory nailed down yet, or still may add some new guns?

Cheers.

Weapon inventory is work in progress, like everything else.

The system behind it all is designed to be fairly easy to expand and begging to be modded.

Looks awesome!

How could I have missed in all the years?

Its funny... I started working a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I have had several conversations about doors in games, including the Arma serious. To top it all off, I watched a video from Dslyecxi bitching about passionately explaining the flaws

that relates to doors.

He shows of a decent example at the end the, which is similar to what we are aiming for: Quickie… doors are opening.

One of those weird coincidences...

Its funny... I started working a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I have had several conversations about doors in games, including the Arma serious. To top it all off, I watched a video from Dslyecxi bitching about passionately explaining the flaws
that relates to doors.

He shows of a decent example at the end the, which is similar to what we are aiming for: Quickie… doors are opening.

One of those weird coincidences...

You and me obviously reacted the same way to that bit with the doors in Dsl's video. :D I had a go at implementing the R6-style fluid door opening last night and this was the result.

I'm sure you're already aware of this, but I'll just mention it. SWAT4 had a pretty ok implementation of doors, it lacked incremental opening, the collision features you demonstrated and the "check if locked" was a bit awkward due to the fact you couldn't determine the state yourself unless you had a team member stack up on it but the contextual zones were done properly with auto-item selection and whatnot.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

That is certainly how it should be by default.

If you could get the make it an animated player action, it'd be even better.

Then again, Arma3 is set slightly in the future.

Perhaps we will all develop telekinetic door opening abilities by then :P

Animations and player penetration this week.

Still need to figure out when too much is too much.

Do we need to track mutiple hit locations?

*shrug*

Anyone familiar with the system Arma uses?

Tracking multiple hit locations, penetration vs perforation etc.

this could be the savior of tactical games, the end alone totally made me go crazy over this. They said what ive been saying for the longest time.

Redstorm Entertainment was undoubtly my favorite developer back in the day. I am glad they are making a comeback with other talented folks.

Was'nt Red Storm in on the old shooter Rangers Lead The Way? Anyone remember that shooter? Same ppl? Or were they maybe in on Hidden an Dangerous both from around same time period.

rainbow six, ghost recon. basically all the good tom clancy tactical shooters before ubisoft went full retard.

now that takedown looks like a bad joke and arma 3's a failure, i'm probably going to have to brush up on my ue3 skills since this game will be my new modding playground.

is this the same game?

Nope. Similar game in terms of gameplay and genre, but not the same. For one, unlike this unfortunate gem, it had a successful Kickstarter campaign... Still, nice to see the genre making a comeback.

2 games few people have heard about is hardly a comeback for the genre. and it looks like one of the game already screwed up judging by the above video.