Tactical Jerky

Upcoming tactical shooter from Blackfoot Studios: Ground Branch

Well, we didn't make it this time but thanks to all those that supported us on the Kickstarter.

Time to regroup and figure out the best way to charge ahead!

Good luck and never give up!

Well, we didn't make it this time but thanks to all those that supported us on the Kickstarter.

Time to regroup and figure out the best way to charge ahead!

I don't see why you just didn't take the money you did raise. I mean, I have mixed emotions about you guys not taking it. Either (1) you guys really weren't serious or (2) you think 200k is chump change or (3) it was some kind of etrantrum for not being able to collect the $400k.

that's not how Kickstarter works, You either meet the 100% or more , or nothing ...

the funding goal needs to be met until that nobody is charged ...

What Dwarden said. Please read up on these things before you start assuming stuff.

What Dwarden said. Please read up on these things before you start assuming stuff.

Don't be that guy. Seriously.

Just pointing out the painfully obvious. It's written on every KS project page, and it's astonishing how few people actually read them.

http://i.imgur.com/8dS1b.jpg

It's simply annoying as hell when people do this. Like that one other guy I heard saying: "Oh, it doesnt seem this will have mod support. Not interested!" while it's clearly stated on both the KS page and the official GB website that there will be mod support, and a special modding section was already up and running on the GB forums. Tons and tons of stupid questions that have already been answered and tons and tons of people assuming things without reading up on them. And when you put all of those questions into the pitch video people will complain it's too long and not flashy and catchy enough. I mean seriously, what does it take?

I'm sad to hear KS didn't come through!

I was thinking about how awesome it would be to have GB integrated into Arma 3. That would really make you and BI some big money! Just imagine that CQB in Arma!! :)

Hey guys.... In our effort to make good decisions moving forward we put together a quick survey that I would appreciate people taking. It's only 6 questions and shouldn't take more than a minute or two.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8JWQGPP

Thanks for your support!

-John

Hey guys.... In our effort to make good decisions moving forward we put together a quick survey that I would appreciate people taking. It's only 6 questions and shouldn't take more than a minute or two.

Done.

I wonder if I am right about people not being interested in another PvP shooter with SP gameplay being slapped onto MP PvP levels like CS Condition Zero - especially when it comes to a game supposedly inspired by GR/R6 (also SWAT3/4) which weren't exactly PvP shooters.

It will be interesting to see poll results.

The problem is of course that only people who know about GB may vote and thus results will not be exactly true to reality. As in - mostly people who already supported GB will vote.

Done.

Alpha access, Beta Access, C'mon we all know there was only one option required for that question. MUST HAVE!

Thanks for your support!

-John

Survey done :)

Thanks for your support!

-John

The only services your survey mentions is Kickstarter and Indigogo. Have you looked at World of Mass Development?

http://wmdportal.com/

It was started by a game developer and the only game they have there now is their own (Project CARS), but they're open to other developers.

Might not sound impressive when you see there is only one game, but it has raised over a million Euros in community funding so far.

The only services your survey mentions is Kickstarter and Indigogo. Have you looked at World of Mass Development?

http://wmdportal.com/

It was started by a game developer and the only game they have there now is their own (Project CARS), but they're open to other developers.

Might not sound impressive when you see there is only one game, but it has raised over a million Euros in community funding so far.

They are not open to US developers due to how the service works. It's considered an investment.

I really hope you will be able to finish Ground Branch because there are damn to few games of that type on the modern market(if any).

Excellent - I was quite sad when the KS thing failed.

http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6346

Udu2UoiX7cc

Does moving the optics forward/backward carry over in-game?

Absolutely!

The plan is to release a public build with the fully functional frontend UI for people to mess with and give feedback. There won't be any gameplay or "in-game" stuff but you will get to mess with the customization features. No idea when this will happen, but it shouldn't be to much longer.
The great thing about this customization setup is that you will have ENDLESS possibilities with mods and official add-ons/updates. Weapons and characters are not pre-packaged so players can come up with any number of combinations. Those saved loadouts will be easily shared as well.

I'm very glad this project is still alive with good looking updates.

I've read more about this game, and the more I learned about it, the more I regretted it not being succesfully Kickstarted. It looks great, I'll definitely give it a long hard look when it comes out.

They need to add a proper SP/COOP campaign. Not just "terrorist hunt".

PvP is good and all but old R6 and SWAT3/4 weren't PvP-focused (or pvp for that matter).

It's good campaigns that are lacking in tactical games. Otherwise it will end up as a "just a yet another MP shooter"

They need to add a proper SP/COOP campaign. Not just "terrorist hunt".

PvP is good and all but old R6 and SWAT3/4 weren't PvP-focused (or pvp for that matter).

It's good campaigns that are lacking in tactical games. Otherwise it will end up as a "just a yet another MP shooter"

Agree. It's a pity, and I think it was one of their mistakes in the Kickstarter pledge. Some people wasn't convinced with the lack of SP campain on the early stages of the Release. John Sonedecker told that he wanted to make a campaign in some moment but it wasn't enough.

We are many player who miss SP old school tactical shooters, and I don't know why he didn't see a great part of the game target are those type of players.

I hope he has learned the lesson, because the game has a lot of potential and is developed to be very moddable, so with a good comunity it will be easy to have quality SP missions and campaigns, and have a great SP experience like in Arma 2.

The only thing needed is a push from the developers with a good SP campaign to get its public to their side.