Sign in to follow this  
DaRat

SP: Zombie_Attack

Well here we go smile_o.gif

It's not as long as I thought it might be, but it's still just a bit of fun!

Quote[/b] ]INFO

-----

First mission I've ever made for release so be nice! =P

You play Sergeant Cleaver in this small mission. Your squad has established a fall-back point

in a small town after your main force was attacked by strange creatures and almost totally destroyed.

You are awaiting reinforcements due anytime in the next few days, when suddenly the situation changes...

Requires Zmod and NIM_Dynamic weather.

Zmod Alpha 0.2: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=57900

NIM_Dynamic weather: http://www.armedassault.info/index.p....temid=2

Download link

http://deadeye.pytalhost.com/missions/Zombie_Attack.rar

Tell me what you think! tounge2.gif

Any chance of opening a few positions for MP usage?

I might do tomorrow/ a little later

EDIT: Nah, I probably wont tbh, it's not really that suitable for MP confused_o.gif

I did some old mission editing with the Zs in OFP, using the gblalltargets, premade game logics, etc. etc.?

WHAT is it in ArmA that sets side 1 against side 2 in this mission?

I unpbo'd the file, pulled it up in the ingame editor, and I'll be darned it I can see what EXACTLY sets the Zs against west, and vice versa.

I feel REAL dumb asking, as setting side 1 against side 2 and reverse should be VERY basic, but I don't see where the connection is being made....

banghead.gif

The Zombies are on the Independent side (resistance) so you just need to set "Independent friendly to: Nobody" in the misc options menu (where weather is)

Duh, never woulda found that, I've been looking for commands! lol! Guess I should looked in the handbook.

I have the German version, so I assume you mean RACS, as that is the other thing to change if they are friendly to anything to not...

THANKS!! notworthy.gif

Edit:

Did it, now they run around, lay down alot. But the one thing they DON'T do is attack. Time for more research! sad_o.gif

And I DO set them on Search and Destroy.. so not sure where I'm going wrong. I know it's something VERY basic though...

Confusing is, looking at all the sites, OFP and ArmaA mixed, some most commands work, some references don't, is all confusing... smile_o.gif

'Tis a great mission, da rat, thanks for putting it together biggrin_o.gif

Eddie, did you revel your presence to the zombies? They'll be idle until you shoot at them or are spotted, from what I can see.

When I tested the mission, the Zombies surprised me. I was avancing blind in the fog, leapfrogging between whatever cover I could find.

And then I suddenly heard something behind me... Some kind of aknowledgement ("5, waiting" wink_o.gif ) They were dozens of them, maybe 10 meters from me ! I really freaked out, shot wildly to slow them down and started running.

I really didn't know where I was going at first. Inearly got lost, really fearing to be eaten all alone in the mist. And then I saw my buddies, and the M2 opened fire. During the confusing battle that followed, I tried to free my CO from 3 zombies, but I accidentally shot him... Any way, he might have become one of them otherwise.

Good mission, very good ambiance. I just love ArmA and the possibilities opened by the enhanced graphics. Thanks for the entertainment da rat (and BIS) !

Malick

Eddie, did you revel your presence to the zombies? They'll be idle until you shoot at them or are spotted, from what I can see.

Oh, they come after me, but in between, along the way, etc., they lay down alot. way to much.... A Z should only lay down on one condition, smile_o.gif

Oh, they come after me, but in between, along the way, etc., they lay down alot. way to much.... A Z should only lay down on one condition, smile_o.gif

Well, Romero's zombies would find dark places to lie down, I think it would be great to not know the status of zombies just because they're lying down biggrin_o.gif

Short but sweet, i shitted my pants when i saw them come out of the mist, lol, rubbish attack anims for zombies (punch) but better than nothing and they 1 hit killed one of my team lol.