Sign in to follow this  
SaitanMar

Multiplayer Questions?

Hello There,

I ask this simply because I only really played the single player campaign and didn't really mess around in Multiplayer or the Editor (looks like I'll have to see if the editor is user-friendly because the single player seems a bit of of a disapointment) but I also have some questions about multiplayer. Now I haven't got the game yet due to me not having the money at the time of release (New PC is costing me) but I have now ordered it so will hopefully get it saturday. So I would like to know what the multiplayer is actually like? is it a 'all on your own with no one about' experience or is it a good squad teamwork based (I hope it is that). I really haven't played many games at all that have forced you to work as a team.

The other question also refers to the squad tatics, Does the game feature Voip (think thats how you spell it?). So Squads can chat together. I guess I'll find out some of these questions when I get the game, Anyone know a good site for info on the editor?

Thanks, biggrin_o.gif

SaitanMar.

Just read the IGN review, looks good. Reminds me of OFP a hell of a lot when you look at some player reviews. You can tell who the veterans are with scores over 9.0 on Gamespot and those who haven't played OFP before and don't know what to expect. biggrin_o.gif

Yep you're never on your own in multiplayer smile_o.gif theres maps from small coops of like 4 people and it can go up to around 100 at the moment...

Games include CTF, CTI, TDM, COOP etc user made missions get uploaded regularly so theres always something new online wink_o.gif

is it a 'all on your own with no one about' experience or is it a good squad teamwork based

Well, it depends on the people you play with. I didn't have any bad experience yet, but of course, I only have the game for 2 days. I played like 4-5 houres online, and it was fun, with teamwork most of the time. So in short:  yay.gif

Normally the game also has voip, but I never tried it nor heard it, I'll look into that in a while.

Or you could join a clan and have access to teamspeak/ventrilo, a must have for co-ordinating strategies in clan wars and downright hilarious when everyone has had a few beers and messing about on Fri /Sat nights biggrin_o.gif

I only really played the single player campaign and didn't really mess around in Multiplayer or the Editor.

<snip>

Now I haven't got the game yet due to me not having the money at the time of release.

When I read this I'm not surprised you didn't try multiplayer confused_o.gif

Closed. SaitanMar is PR'd pending proof of purchase.