Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

Spectating Script v1.01

Only thing I don't like is you can see all enemy moving in real time, that's going to make a lot of missions very easy and long. 1 dead guy observing and telling the others where the enemy is and what they are doing.

Thats why the game has the #kick command smile_o.gif But the sides show can be defined in the script too.

Is there something similar to the old DeathCamArray (sp?) - where you could specify certain units in the OFP version of the scripts? Defining sides are all well, but sometimes you don't want to show off all the friendly units either. I often used that array to specify exactly which units I wanted visible in the spectate mode.

Btw: It seems I encountered a problem with the scripts running on a german ArmA 1.02 (no english language patch). Could it be that 1.04 is required?

ArmASpectate10Error1.jpg

ArmASpectate10Error2.jpg

ArmASpectate10Error3.jpg

I used your init.sqs and description.ext without any changes to them. The error comes whether I start the script via a trigger or by dying. The init gets executed without throwing any errors. Anything I might have missed? I have your addon in the addons folder, not sure wether the error might be related to that... ? Any other dependencies?

Btw: It seems I encountered a problem with the scripts running on a german ArmA 1.02 (no english language patch). Could it be that 1.04 is required?

Yes, I forgot to mention it requires 1.04 since 1.02 doesn't have the local marker commands.

Thanks again for this great system

For the next version would it be possible to implement a couple of user defined settings please

these being an option for

a) 1st person only mode

b) No escape as "seagull"

These settings are very useful for A&D missions or even coops to stop dead men talking.

I have modified your system in the past to do this, but thought it woul'd be even better if the community had these as default options.

An additional line of development, if possible would be to have an option for a "Referee". This special spectate mode would allow the viewing of the unit's loadout, health and other attributes, which would be a great asset for any League referees viewing clan matches

Thanks

This is very nice. Good work there.

Just a tiny request.Could you add your tag to your spect.pbo as well. Thanks a lot

LOOL NO MORE SEAGULLS!1 we are not into the age of butterflies yay.gif

There's a bug in the script in 1.0. If you are using the KEGsShownSides variable to limit the shown sides it will cause all spectating clients to flood the server with alot of upstream data.

As a hotfix you can do the following fix to the script yourself if this is causing problems:

In line 465 in the specta.sqf there's the following:

Quote[/b] ]

if(!((side _u) in KEGsShownSides)) then {

// Oops, we arent' supposed to show this side unit - hide marker

_m setMarkerType "empty";

};

the setMarkerType command should use the local version instead, so change it like this:

Quote[/b] ]

if(!((side _u) in KEGsShownSides)) then {

// Oops, we arent' supposed to show this side unit - hide marker

_m setMarkerTypeLocal "empty";

};

I'll release a fixed version soon too.

Excellent. With your permission we will use this in our tournament to monitor suspicious activities.

Great work man!

v1.01 is available from my site. It fixes the bug mentioned above, improves performance and fixes a few other things.

v1.01 is available from my site. It fixes the bug mentioned above, improves performance and fixes a few other things.

Damn I wish I knew even 1/100 of what you do Kegetys.

I'll be trying your script for the first time on an MP Mission I'm currently working on.

I do have a question though, is there a way to insert the server logo on the deathcam page so the site/server logo is present whenever someone is viewing gameplay?

Thanks.

How do you do all that ? Are you human ? notworthy.gif

How do you do all that ? Are you human ?  notworthy.gif

Forgive the possible hijack, but seeing the things the man can do I've come to the conclusion that he wasn't actuall born...he was scripted...

Thanks man, great work as always yay.gifyay.gif

Umm what do i change to make only west side visable?

I tryied this but it doesn't work:

// Initialize spectating script when player joins as seagull

// Set the following to limit visible sides:

// KEGsShownSides = [west];

west execVM "spect\specta_init.sqf";

Umm what do i change to make only west side visable?

I tryied this but it doesn't work:

// Initialize spectating script when player joins as seagull

// KEGsShownSides = [west];

You need to remove the //, since this is effectively commenting out your side choice.<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// Initialize spectating script when player joins as seagull

KEGsShownSides = [west];

hello Kegetys very greate script

the butterfly mod dont work well on my missions

it work but turn is to sensitive

it was very difficulte to control the butterfly

anybody have this problem ?

an other question

how to enable the unit tag by default ?

could you help me to include a minimap exatly like your's in my mod ?

and is it possible to add a mini map allways present when the player play (like BF2) ?

you can see my topic here

nice work indeed, but anyone else notice that when using this spectator people have lag experience? huh.gif

nice work indeed, but anyone else notice that when using this spectator people have lag experience?  huh.gif

Yes, we have experienced the same sad_o.gif

Although I figured since nobody actually posted anything asbout it, it was server related (connection).

Would be nice indeed now you mention it, to see if more people are experiencing this.

Hopefully than its worth a check smile_o.gif

Is there a way to stop the spectator script?

As in, having it activate for a certain time and then exit after a variable or trigger is activated?

Is there an easy way to use the specatating script while waiting for respawn?

Hi and sorry for my english, ^^

Your script is great but it doesn't work in my missions. I have an error. It writes "Resource rscSpectate not found".

I wrote in a trigger foo = [player, player, "null"] execVM "spect\specta.sqf" to test it in the editor.

Can you help me? Please! :'(

Great script but i cant seem to get it to work when i die the camera just sits looking at my dead body am i doing something wrong? ive tried naming the players p1,p2,p3 etc please help i would love to get this script to work.

Yeah. I'm having some trouble with the spectator script as well, I made a mission in 1.05, and it works.

But when I made a mission in 1.07 beta, it doesn't work. I'm going to try to export the mission in 1.05, then try it in 1.07.

Any ideas for other workarounds, kegetys?

If it works in 1.05 but not 1.07 beta then it is most likely a bug in the beta patch...

If it works in 1.05 but not 1.07 beta then it is most likely a bug in the beta patch...

Seems like there were some changes in v1.07beta that might require some changes in the Spectator aswell?