Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

Spectating Script v1.01

I made an new version of my OFP spectating script for Armed Assault. Like the OFP one, this is for mission designers to implement to their multiplayer missions to replace the seagull mode with a GUI where you can spectate other players. It has many new features and improvements compared to the OFP one:

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>- Free, chase, flyby, top-down and 1st person cameras

- Automatic display of all units in the mission

- Camera control with mouse

- Keyboard shortcuts

- Unit tags (Colored dots above units) and 3D bullet path indicators (with client addon)

- Night vision

- Missile camera

- Drop camera feature (Mouse + WSAD keys to move camera)

- Clickable minimap and full screen map with markers indicating unit positions and weapons fire

- Butterfly mode</span>

Download the script from my ArmA site, the readme has instructions how to implement it in your mission.

There is also an optional client-side addon downloadable, anyone who has this addon installed will have some enhanced features when using the script, such as better markers.

I uploaded a video clip of it in youtube:

And some screenshots:

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/shots/specta_01.jpg

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/shots/specta_02.jpg

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/shots/specta_03.jpg

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/shots/specta_04.jpg

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/shots/specta_05.jpg

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/shots/specta_06.jpg

edit: Updated script to v1.01 with following changes:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

- Fixed global marker command when using limited sides

- Improved performance with large number of units

- Added gunsight toggle when in 1st person view (space key)

- Fixed target listbox reseting selection every 4 seconds

- Smoother motion when spectated unit height changes

Ha, have been waiting for this. Let's hope I can integrate it in my Respawn again. smile_o.gif

Amazing as always, Kegetys. I'm looking forward to using this as a way to do some kind of limited after-action review functionality. Having someone on the server run the spectator script, with all of the fancy names and indications of where people are shooting, etc, and then record it for later reference... it should prove to be very useful.

And now we shouldnt mind dying in 1 life co-op's!

plenty to keep us amused instead of flying around.

Nice work again, Thanks kegetys

yay.gif

Having tested it in MP, dying is almost more fun than playing now smile_o.gif This is probably the best spectating/AAR feature I've seen in any game so far. Light years ahead of the already good OFP spectating script he made. I just wish it would be included to stock ArmA somehow smile_o.gif

Looks good but...

Only thing I don't like is you can see all enemy moving in real time, that's going to make a lot of missions very easy and long. 1 dead guy observing and telling the others where the enemy is and what they are doing. Could get very boring.

If you can turn off some options then great.

Good for people who are waiting in loby if they could observ.

Only thing I don't like is you can see all enemy moving in real time, that's going to make a lot of missions very easy and long. 1 dead guy observing and telling the others where the enemy is and what they are doing.

Thats why the game has the #kick command smile_o.gif But the sides show can be defined in the script too.

Only thing I don't like is you can see all enemy moving in real time, that's going to make a lot of missions very easy and long. 1 dead guy observing and telling the others where the enemy is and what they are doing. Could get very boring.

If you play with a group of people that has such a lack of self-control that the first dead person acts as a gods-eye for everyone else and spoils the entire mission, I must say that I feel sorry for you.

Dead men tell no tales. Try it sometime, it's a hell of a lot more fun than what you're describing.

I think everyone has been on a server at sometime when a bird has helped a player finish a mission.

I forgot the mission maker can select which units to be observed LOL

I though I had already seen a v1.2 and v1.4 version of that script availablefor Arma ? Am I wrong or was it a beta version and this is the first stable/official release ?

I'm confused...

Still an amazing achievement... Now dying is a lot more fun, well... kind of.

Those were ofp versions... this is ArmA Version thats why its 1.0

also this has new features read the first post carefully. yay.gif

Kegetys this is awesome.. I'm sure you are the son of god notworthy.gif

Excellent Stuff.

Thanks very much for adding this command.

Quote[/b] ]

The spectating script should now launch whenever a player would normally go

to seagull mode. To test the script in the editor you can execute the following

in a radio trigger:

_foo = [player, player, "null"] execVM "spect\specta.sqf"

this means i can have a Trainer access this command to watch units training without having to die.

I though I had already seen a v1.2 and v1.4 version of that  script availablefor Arma ? Am I wrong or was it a beta version and this is the first stable/official release ?

dude ..... this is from <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>>> Kegetys <<</span> biggrin_o.gif do not question .... just use tounge2.gif

Weren't the other versions ports from his OFP script, done by others?

Lovely work.

Fabulous job, I'm going to start tweaking your template for PvP purposes. smile_o.gif

Pretty much all the functionality i love is there, excellent!

My Arma cant arrive soon enough now!

Can the script be launched from the editor and spectate there? It would help debugging and testing sp/coop missions alot wink_o.gif .

notworthy.gif I'm not questioning the master, I'm just asking... notworthy.gif

I guess what I saw were third-party ports of his OFP scripts... It was already very funny, can't wait to test the real thing...

Pretty much all the functionality i love is there, excellent!

My Arma cant arrive soon enough now!

Can the script be launched from the editor and spectate there? It would help debugging and testing sp/coop missions alot wink_o.gif .

Yes

Gnat @ Feb. 22 2007,11:12)]
I though I had already seen a v1.2 and v1.4 version of that script availablefor Arma ? Am I wrong or was it a beta version and this is the first stable/official release ?

Weren't the other versions ports from his OFP script, done by others?

Yes they were just quick hacks of his old OFP script - just to bridge the time until he got around finishing the new ArmA spectate.

Great work Kegetys! It just feels like xmas_o.gif all over again! smile_o.gif