Sign in to follow this  
TheUser

Anyone else feel a bit put off by the controls?

Also, whats with the Machine Guns being 100% accurate with full auto?  crazy_o.gif

try using MG with bipot IRL, its much more stable and accrate then you think it might be(cause of the weight), but they shouldnt be 90% accrate as well(they aint 100% accrate in ArmA)

Yeah, but this happens when your soldier is standing up.

if thats the AI, then its "normal"

BTW the M240 is not correct to be place in the game as personal weaponary(heavy as f###), but its a game so i think i can take it

what do you mean? you can certainly find pictures of US soldiers carrying M-240s instead of M-249s.

The M249 SAW is like a full auto sniper rifle, even when standing. Try it in the editor.

The M240 and PK are better in this regard. The PK especially.

I feel the same. The only tip I can give you is to return it back while you can still get a refund. Better to realize sooner that your wasting your time, rather than later. Don't you think so?

Or the alternative, learn to play like that. Depends on your type.

I feel the same.  The only tip I can give you is to return it back while you can still get a refund.  Better to realize sooner that your wasting your time, rather than later.  Don't you think so?

Or the alternative, learn to play like that.  Depends on your type.

Another well-informed, helpful suggestion Luciano. Are you aware that you are rapidly becoming this forum's very own village idiot?

M249 is not very accurate from standing or kneeling, it is only devastating from prone, as it should be.

Quote[/b] ]but the cobra is what i have a real problem with, maybe its better with a joystick but i know tryin to control it with a mouse is fuggin pointless

That's exagerating alot. After completing the blackhawk training mission first time I went onto the cobra training mission and scored 98% in three or four minutes! With the mouse! No previous fly time in arma and wasn't what you'd call a flyer in ofp. It's a wee bit too sensitive but challenging and rewarding. Just don't get into the position of having to fight the controls to keep the chopper stable.

I've seen practiced pilots in mp do some remarkable maneuvers and take some very adventurous flight paths.

Just practice and use the (attitude?) dial in the cockpit. The one that gives you the position of your chopper on two planes (y and z?). It tells you if your bird is leaning forward/back or to the sides. Get the bar in the middle and straight and your chopper is completely level.

The soldier controls are better than ofp's.

BIS needs to fix the m249, it is way, way to stable. Way, way way. Way. You shouldn't even be able to fire it shouldered standing (it's very heavy) but it definately needs the same kick as the pk/m249

I wish they would put in the option to switch to the "classic" controls for at least the helicopters. The current controls are nearly unusable with a keyboard. I play many missions where flying is brief or you MAY have the opportunity to fly at some point in the mission. I don't want to have to switch over to a joystick just for a 2 or 3 minute flight in the middle of a mission. Trying to fly using just the keyboard is almost worthless with the new controls. So much so that I have given up on ever using helicopters in missions again until there is updated controls or the option to switch to classic.

i think the uh60 is ok but i still think the cobra is impossible to fly SMOOTHLY, its jsut a case of hopping about. and the GPMG is not supposed to be as accurate as it is in the game, the rounds spread out in real life, thats the whole point off it, whats the point in a support weapon capable of 900 rpm firing in bursts putting every round through the same hole at 300 yards, i can do that with an LSW, besides in real life how long do you think a barrel would last firing at the rate of a support weapon if it was accurised like a match grade barrel, you'd get a 100 round belt through it before it would be shot out and you'd be lucky to hit a bus at 200yards biggrin_o.gif

dont mind flying em too much ,,,getting better ,,its landing ,ur ontheground and it keeps moving turns sideways and filps.and trying to get the al to reload you, or fuel or fix damage.and your ai gunner wont shoot for some reason ,,,same in tanks see that t72 ,,shoot it with main gun not mg you noob why.

You need to change the weapon to SABOT/HEAT if you are telling them to engage a target, otherwise they will use whichever weapon is loaded

Speaking and talking about controls. Does anyone know or knows a link to a freeware voice command control program? I remeber I had one for OFP but forgot the name of it.

tx,

Z.

Quote[/b] ]Does anyone know or knows a link to a freeware voice command control program? I remeber I had one for OFP but forgot the name of it.

Shoot ?

Quote[/b] ]Perfect for commanding your AI buddies in your favorite flight simulator or FPS! Forget about having to memorize all those keyboard shortcuts, now you can just say what you want to happen. Although was created with games in mind it can be adapted to practically any program by creating an appropriate command profile.

Link: Shoot download page

Perfect for commanding your AI buddies in your favorite flight simulator or FPS! Forget about having to memorize all those keyboard shortcuts, now you can just say what you want to happen. Although was created with games in mind it can be adapted to practically any program by creating an appropriate command profile. Link: Shoot download page

I totally forgot about these softwares. I remember using it for my SWAT4 campaign and it worked pretty well. There was a bit of delay between the voice-command and the action taken in game but this was merely a second or so. Definately gonna give this a try again in Arma!! Thanks for the tip! This will make the SP even more fun to play!

The only weapon I have seen so far that has far too much recoil is the grenade launcher ontop of a the Stryker. The whole vehicle bounces around as though it were on springs.

I have seen one of those fired from a Landrover Wimik and they are a much smaller platform and there is some small rocking but otherwise it's pretty stable.

Why didn't the devs just copy-paste the code for the controls? Why change something when it's not broken?........

Yup, thats what i asked my self in november last year, and what i still don't understand.

OFP controles are better.

yeah, OFP was better (except chopper controls). I think it's probably BIS tried to make AI is "looks improved" by decreasing player's ability. many ppl claims that enemy AI is like sniper even when lowest skill settings, but I think it's ok because it makes the "human" players to take cover when firefight. However what annoys me is "hard to aim where I want to".

some ppl claims "it's realistic - because you can't move so quickly with those equipments and heavy weapons". maybe you cant' (especially if you're skinny computer game geeks), but they forgot the fact that what we playing is a GAME. In real life, you can "control" your body as you wish. but in game, there's already dely between your mind and control of your in-game charactor. In other "dumb, arcade" game, you can aim where you wish. sometimes you can't hit the enemy (because of "dumb-unrealistic" weapon disparsion, but at least you can "aim" at your target. but in ArmA, you need to "wait" for your in-game charactor response to your control. move your mouse and wait... that's why some few ppl feels like they're controling a robot. and that's not kind of frustration caused by "realism" (that's what I really wanted), but caused by gameplay.

In real life, you can "control" your body as you wish.

Not all of us are as athletic as we'd like to be... biggrin_o.gif

M249 Recoil...

As you can see, theres not alot of recoil and it can be fired from the standing postion perfectly fine.

So can an m4 and ak yet those things kicks a lot ingame. Gun ranges prove nothing. Why don't you try to run about with an 8kg weapon and 10+kg outfit and see how you manage to aim from standing position.

Of course you should be able to fire it from shouldered, that's not what I saying. But there's something missing which makes it less advantegeous. Not allowing a launcher to be equipped just doesn't do it. It needs stamina in some fashion.

In the end, there's a big gameplay problem with this thing whether you like it or not.

I haven't been playing all that much online, but

I played the demo quite a bit and I didn't find any of the big weapons like the SAW or PK to be overpowered. Yes, as support weapon in the background it's REALLY powerful when fired prone, but imo that's how it should be. You should be afraid of the SAW and the PK... Those weapons should pose a great threat to safety and they sure do today. I also want to add that I find them really ineffective and hard to handle when applying any run'n gun technique, or even from standing up and not moving... So I'm all ok with how it is now.