Sign in to follow this  
kissdznuts

AI detection in demo vs. retail

I couldn't find this answer (which means someone else will probably post a link in 2 minutes): How does the AI detection logic in the demo compare to the retail version (for those of you who already have the full version)?

Example: sometimes in the demo, I notice that you can take 1 shot at an enemy soldier while buried in a bush - to have the AI soldier lay down turn 45 degrees and make a 1-2 shot kill. The AI also appears to see concealed soldiers at a much larger distance that I can often see them.

I was just inquiring if anyone else has noticed this occurring and if it's like that in the retail version (not that it would detract from me getting it - whenever it becomes avail. for download).

Thanks for any insight or input.

Not 100% sure on this but i think there is a SLIGHT improvement in the 1.04 retail version, i.e. the same AI soldier will lie down, spin, fire and usually only hit you in the eye with his 3rd or 4th shot, instead of his 1st or 2nd   biggrin_o.gif

In brief, I find I last a bit longer in firefights in the retail version compared to the demo.

This is one of the most annoying things about ArmA, you cannot hide in vegetation. The AI will always know where you are.

I use bushes alot, and they seem make difference in hiding: if im under fire, i usually seek for closest bush and usually make out of it alive, if i just make it to bush (enemy still fires at me when i'm in concealment but at random spot... But i enjoy longer firefights (and more realistic firefights) so i play about 0.5 skilllevel, precisionlevel in about 0.75-0.9.

I think that player just needs to use bush properly, you have to be inside bush (some leaves are infront of player) not so that players face and shoulders are visible... firingdisipline is also essential, no bursts or 1 shot in second snapshots. I usually use 2-4 seconds between shots.

My ArmA version is 1.02.

The demo coop mission supports up to 10 players so by default the skill setting is high.

If you're playing it alone you can decrease the a.i. skill under options to a more confortable setting.

Simple.

The demo coop mission supports up to 10 players so by default the skill setting is high.

If you're playing it alone you can decrease the a.i. skill under options to a more confortable setting.

Simple.

Yup Heatseeker's right, the AI are made to be hard on that mission so its harder to complete.

Ingame AI's can have individual skill levels ingame, u can do this in the editor.