Sign in to follow this  
Bad Pilot

Patch v1.05

I was fully expecting my UK retail copy of Arma to ship with v1.05; this expectation coming from the ArmA website.

However, it actually comes with v1.04. Still better than the demo version but can't wait for more fixes and features.

I was further confused that there isn't a v1.05 thread floating at the top of this board.

When's it expected - no pressure, guys wink_o.gif - and what's going to be in it?

Also, why are there so many servers still running v1.02? Good to see more and more v1.04 servers every day, though!

-Fenix out.

well bear in mind theres still half of the users with 1.02 so they not planning to change to 1.04 at the moment in time and let alone even peoiple who are changing to 1.04 need to get all their files uploaded to their dedi which takes a while considering its just over 4GB of uploading

but none the less give it abit of time and BIS will have their 1.05 out  smile_o.gif

edit: whatever sickboy sed tounge2.gif

I was fully expecting my UK retail copy of Arma to ship with v1.05; this expectation coming from the ArmA website.

However, it actually comes with v1.04.  Still better than the demo version but can't wait for more fixes and features.

I was further confused that  there isn't a v1.05 thread floating at the top of this board.

When's it expected - no pressure, guys wink_o.gif - and what's going to be in it?

Also, why are there so many servers still running v1.02?  Good to see more and more v1.04 servers every day, though!

-Fenix out.

I also bet you expect your bacon and egg to be ready for you when you wake up in a morning, when infact you really got up to take a leak at 2am.

Alot of people have been waiting months for an update so have some patience. Be thankfull you got a game thats better then 102.

However, it actually comes with v1.04. Still better than the demo version but can't wait for more fixes and features.

I was further confused that there isn't a v1.05 thread floating at the top of this board.

Also, why are there so many servers still running v1.02? Good to see more and more v1.04 servers every day, though!

-Fenix out.

I also bet you expect your bacon and egg to be ready for you when you wake up in a morning, when infact you really got up to take a leak at 2am.

Alot of people have been waiting months for an update so have some patience. Be thankfull you got a game thats better then 102.

Of course not. I'm grateful for every egg and bacon i get, especially if I paid 39€ for it. whistle.gif

I have never seen so many ass kissers on the same forum at once. It's disgusting.

Yes, it's disgusting to have to *gasp* wait *gasp* for a patch.

I mean, they should be shipped with the game, shouldn't they?

It's... errrr... a patch, after all icon_rolleyes.gif

However, it actually comes with v1.04.  Still better than the demo version but can't wait for more fixes and features.

I was further confused that  there isn't a v1.05 thread floating at the top of this board.

Also, why are there so many servers still running v1.02?  Good to see more and more v1.04 servers every day, though!

-Fenix out.

Of course not. I'm grateful for every egg and bacon i get, especially if I paid 39€ for it. whistle.gif

I have never seen so many ass kissers on the same forum at once. It's disgusting.

I prefer not to be associated with asskissers...........thank you.

You are free to your opinion, but since you dont like some things here everybody here is an asskisser?

Well I think you **&^%**........should I say now I never ever saw a family so full of **&^%$'ers?

Community update has all the info we revealed.

Yes, it's disgusting to have to *gasp* wait *gasp* for a patch.

I mean, they should be shipped with the game, shouldn't they?

It's... errrr... a patch, after all  icon_rolleyes.gif

i think what he means is that there's no need to be so thankful for a patch since the game was shipped so buggy and incomplete.

and i think he's right. the least we should expect is for them to patch the game to a state it should have been in the first place. v1.05 might just be that state, but i still have my doubt if the issues in the SP campaign will be adressed at all.

and for that, you really shouldn't be all too thankful.

lol If the game hits the US in any where near its current state you can get ready.

In my experience our American cousins expect a quality product and rightly so. As a result they're less likely to put up with crap that we let go.

I think the reason for this is the high level of service people are used to in the US. I love going there, a customer generally speaking gets treated like a customer.

There are two extremes, the I want it now crowd and the fanboi approach of bending over and gritting your teeth pretending you enjoy it. Some where in between is common sense.

Well spoken, Armalite666. I have to admit, I don't see the reason for threads like this at all, since BI stated, as was said before, "before the end of February".

So why bother at this time?

Personally I'm happy that Arma was released before it was ready cause I've been playing it alot. My long experience in beta-testing has made me very tolerant to crashes. smile_o.gif

However I can understand the frustration from "regular" players expeciting a somewhat stable game. On the plus side, I've gone from an average of 1 crash/hr in 1.02 to 3-4 crashes in total with 1.04 since this weekend. And I've had 3-4 6-hour sessions.

I enjoy the game far too much to bitch about the instability for two reasons. There's too much bitching here already and I'm a fanboy. smile_o.gif

Personally I'm happy that Arma was released before it was ready cause I've been playing it alot. My long experience in beta-testing has made me very tolerant to crashes. smile_o.gif

However I can understand the frustration from "regular" players expeciting a somewhat stable game. On the plus side, I've gone from an average of 1 crash/hr in 1.02 to 3-4 crashes in total with 1.04 since this weekend. And I've had 3-4 6-hour sessions.

I enjoy the game far too much to bitch about the instability for two reasons. There's too much bitching here already and I'm a fanboy. smile_o.gif

well, who ever said it was (only) about instabilities? it's really not like there was only one issue with this game.

so far i've had maybe one crash. not even noteworthy.

what bothers me is the highly unfinished and buggy singleplayer content. compared to the original OpF-campaign, this is quite a joke. AI pathfinding seems to be worse than in OpF. confused_o.gif

i really hope the next patch will address some of those SP related issues, but it doesn't really look that way. at the very least you should be able to end the mission when you have achieved all goals. this is not yet the case with ArmA.

To clarify my position: -

I'm perfectly happy to have bought an imperfect v1.04. Coming from the Battlfield stable, imperfect ArmA is more satisfying than what I'm used to. I'm only sad that I never bothered to try OFP back in the day. All those wasted years!

I'm eager for the next patch, but not impatient for it. In my few days of joining the ArmA masses, I've noticed a heartening sense of community, like we're all on the same side. This game is awesome and has amazing potential, too.

That said, thanks for the heads-up on patch info links.

-Fenix out.

get used to the fanboy approach to this game, before it was released lots of people were on here asking were the demo was, seeing as it was so close to the czech release, all the fan boys came out in force to rag on people (admittedly some needed it) about how we should be lucky that such a quality game should even be available and that if we wait longer it will be bug free and it'll be brilliant and we'll all be creaming ourselves over the bug free game that will be 505's release of arma, so here we are with the game and its no better than ofp was when it first came out and they were patching that a year after it's original release date, i really dont like to think about there still being bugs in this game this time 2008. funny how all those guys that started the flaming back in 2006 before the czech release seem to have forgotten all about it there asskissing antics, i.e "ohh BI, ti would like to thankyou for having the courage to produce such a game" that crap was actually being written by people on here, just incase a developer happened to be reading the thread full off arguing and decided to take the hump and stop developing the game, the little fanboy would write a little thankyou note for him icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]Patch 1.05

Before the end of February we plan to release a new patch 1.05 for all editions of ArmA that will ensure an internationally unified game environment. The patch will also improve various aspects of the game for the existing users, including:

* reworked and improved multiplayer game browser screen

* improved Voice over Net

* dedicated server platform underwent big stability and performance improvement

* ability to turn off grass in video options and grass flattened around soldiers for improved visibility.

* visually improved and smoother LOD switching

* various performance and stability optimizations

* new modern style GPS device displaying small map on top of game view in some situations for easier navigation

* support for more keyboard shortcuts to actions

* generally improved AI (including driving and combat)

* new content: Su-34 Fighter and Su-34 Bomber, TT650 and M1030 military motorcycles, AKS74PSO, KSVK, M107 and M16A4

* and more...

Half this stuff is already in the 505 version though wink_o.gif

lol If the game hits the US in any where near its current state you can get ready.

In my experience our American cousins expect a quality product and rightly so. As a result they're less likely to put up with crap that we let go.

I think the reason for this is the high level of service people are used to in the US. I love going there, a customer generally speaking gets treated like a customer.

There are two extremes, the I want it now crowd and the fanboi approach of bending over and gritting your teeth pretending you enjoy it. Some where in between is common sense.

I can agree with your post but ... imo you should rephraze it like 'americans expect a FINISHED product' like mcdonalds is a FINISHED product ... but it has nothing to do with quality

For me ArmA is already a quality product (already in concept it has certain qualities), but we can all agree that it is not finished (and will it ever be?;) ... i can put up with the 'unfinished' state of ArmA because i like the taste of its quality over other games but i can imagine there are a lot of gamers who do not accept the unfinished state or ArmA (and rightly so ... so these gamers just have to wait)

Also, there's a reason that this community is one of the biggest and most creative in the gaming world. What BIS fail to see/do, we do and improve on it.

So, whether or not the unfinished state of ArmA is a problem, the community will find a way past it. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Patch 1.05

Before the end of February we plan to release a new patch 1.05 for all editions of ArmA that will ensure an internationally unified game environment. The patch will also improve various aspects of the game for the existing users, including:

* reworked and improved multiplayer game browser screen

* improved Voice over Net

* dedicated server platform underwent big stability and performance improvement

* ability to turn off grass in video options and grass flattened around soldiers for improved visibility.

* visually improved and smoother LOD switching

* various performance and stability optimizations

* new modern style GPS device displaying small map on top of game view in some situations for easier navigation

* support for more keyboard shortcuts to actions

* generally improved AI (including driving and combat)

* new content: Su-34 Fighter and Su-34 Bomber, TT650 and M1030 military motorcycles, AKS74PSO, KSVK, M107 and M16A4

* and more...

Half this stuff is already in the 505 version though wink_o.gif

Does this mean ill be able to use more than one gamepad

unlike the switching back and forth from joystick to nostromopad

To clarify my position: -

I'm only sad that I never bothered to try OFP back in the day.  All those wasted years!

-Fenix out.

Now that is sad.... missing out on OFP (Upon release) is like going from B&W TV to colour! One of those moments that you'll never forget.

That said; Away and buy the GOTY edition of OFP and get playing! It's not like the gameplay or world has aged, because it hasn't.

Still, there's not a game out there that can touch it. ArmA looks good but isn't a patch on the mission design nor feel that OFP gives you of being in a full-scale battle or secret OPS mission.

Sheer bliss!

notworthy.gif

Needless to discuss an unreleased patch. Maruk stated that you'll get it this month, as soon as it is released, you can discuss it. Closing. smile_o.gif