Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

SciFi Project: UNICON warfares

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Iron+Cross @ Mar. 30 2007,17:27)

2 wip: I like it verry dif looking,

But i loved the old one.

which old?

thx mates, for your comments and support

the WIP of "transport of troop" on the 2nd page.

oh! ok, the second is not for the same army.

first: UNICON army

second : united letavian army

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Where are you from then, letavia sounds very familiar.

i'm from Brittany. smile_o.gif

the truck is finished (modelling and uvmapping); now it has 2 versions : refuel and transport.

these textures are for ofp (almost finished), and i work actually on the textures for Arma.

trkdk5.th.jpg

Hmmnn. looks great again smile_o.gif

I think ArmA is best when you play with realistic units, but it is sometimes fun to play with futuristic addons.

thumbs-up.gif

personally i don't like actual armies, i just like the Arma engine, and the freedom which it gives to us. tounge2.gif it is the same thing for OFP smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]any more teasers of the story?
for the moment, no tounge2.gif

Trucks looks very nice, professional (textures are outstanding). The chopper might need doors though (or is that roof thing a door?). Just for protecting the cargo. It's kinda nasty with all those bullets killing your squadmates (and sometimes you) when you need to land under fire and the damn vehicle does not descent fast enough. smile_o.gif

Hey, do you got any plans for a fighter?

PS. shame you switched to ArmA though. sad_o.gif

I'd loved to see these in ofp.

thx mate; wink_o.gif

the dropship is a fast vehicle (for a troop of soldiers). i took the idea from killzone tounge2.gif i need to make a heavy dropship smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'd loved to see these in ofp.
i make all that stuff also for ofp. for the moment 1 tank and 1 apc are in game; btw they fight against yours whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Hey man,

Now, I'm not a texturer, so I don't know what you can do to fix this...but the textures almost make the trucks look like they're made of concrete. I think your models are great though, and I can't wait until you release your project! smile_o.gif

Abs

Do you mean a heavy droopship as in a ship with alot of men or as in a ship that dilivers an apc with men, a tank or the trucks?

Would be cool to see a masive ship desending rapid, touching down, release a tank and take off again. The tank just roars into battle.

yeah, that would be cool. i'm not a scripter so i don't know if i could do that by myself. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Now, I'm not a texturer, so I don't know what you can do to fix this...but the textures almost make the trucks look like they're made of concrete

yeah, i need to change that, and also the colors wink_o.gif

Personally Ive always thought the textures looked really good, like stuff from original Star Wars movie on Tatooinne, dirty from sand, a little beat up/well used.

Either way, good looking stuff, mods like this wish make me wish I had time to both learn how to make addons and make missions tounge2.gif

They kinda remind me of the futuristic blocky vehicles from the MechWarrior 2 and Mercenaries games. Cool!

Like the vehicles but I think the textures look to "big" as in to less details on them and the differences in colour are to spread, hope you understand what i mean here.

I like the colours though smile_o.gif Could use some contrast but thats probably more personal

yeah, i know, those textures are not the finally ones wink_o.gif

a question:

should i make some mechs? i mean like the titan from C&C or the mechs from bf2142. personally i like that.

Won't you run into some troubles when it comes to there being one pilot? (I ask only because my understanding is that you can't run and gun at the same time)

Unless you decide to make the mech with two pilots...which I think might be cool in its own right. smile_o.gif

Abs

Just remember that the game must keep its balance, I played the 2142 demo a short while but did not really found a good balance for the mechs, they where not as strong as the tanks and the tanks where faster than those sluggish mechs.

But I rather see the mechs staying that sluggish and leave the hoover tanks out. Tanks are not that great at killing infantry that is close to them, mechs are great for that but make sure the mechs still are approachable to make it not impossible to destroy them as infantry.

What is the overall advantage a mech will give you over other vehicles? They are high which makes them easier to spot. They have to defend three heights; front, above and below which is a real downside for land vehicles.

IF you could overcome these "problems" then you would have one hell of a weapon! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]IF you could overcome these "problems" then you would have one hell of a weapon!
icon_rolleyes.gif lol rofl.gif i'm going to try wink_o.gif

as you can see, i make actually the texture of this vehicle.

i made the specular map, and begun the bump map, and changed the color of the texture. (i worked only on the body of the vehicle)

mental ray render:

hel1tk3.th.jpg

hel2zp5.th.jpg

that still need a lot of work smile_o.gif

list for the first phase:

UNICON army:

- troop carrier (ground)

- dropship

- a fighter

- 1 tank

- the soldiers

UAL (united army of letavia)

- elsh (fighter)

- helel (reco light fighter)

- anath (fast tank)

- anath-apc

- a dropship (a small one)

- trucks

Golkan mercenaries (UNICON side)

- soldiers

- troop carrier (ground)

UNICON army:

- troop carrier (ground)

- dropship

- a fighter

- 1 tank

- the soldiers

- elsh (fighter)

- anath (fast tank)

- anath-apc

- trucks

- soldiers

- troop carrier (ground)

Oh Snap! I cant wait for this mod to come out! yay.gif

Any ships like floating ones or regular boats?

Which are humans?

and should it be marines since the army doesnt really do invasions or ride on ships...? But your mod and its good anyway smile_o.gif

UNICON army:

- troop carrier (ground)

- dropship

- a fighter

- 1 tank

- the soldiers

- elsh (fighter)

- anath (fast tank)

- anath-apc

- trucks

- soldiers

- troop carrier (ground)

Funny names m8 tounge2.gif

But its coming along nice aswell! keep it up inlove.gif

SCI FI MODS OLEEE!!

Sentry tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Which are humans?

UAL and UNICON soldiers are humans, but not the Golkan mercenaries. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Funny names m8
these names are real names whistle.gif this is the names of the ancient gods of the Phoenician people wink_o.gif

t1la7.th.jpg

i need help: how can i add dirt on the front of the vehicle. with the normal map, the brown color disappears. sad_o.gif