Sign in to follow this  
GunZenBomZ

Weather from multiplay demo!!!!!

Hello to all, love the game but i'm slightly pissed that the weather effects have been removed!

Please can someone explain what happened!! Also on a side-note why isnt the single player demo level in the retail version, that was a really nice size town & adding some more AI would of made it a seriously good coop-map.

Hope that theres some sort of good news regarding my weather question.

I've downloaded the "NIM Dynamic Weather" mod but have yet to install & run it, if anyone can provide me with a heads up on what to expect please join in the conversation.

pistols.gif

Seen as my hardware might be mentioned in line with 'you sure your computer is good enough' type way's,... heres my e-cock!

Super Flower Aluminum-Mg Alloy Melody SF-201 (case)

Amd64 FX-60 (dual core) + Zalman CNPS7700-Cu

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

Corsair TwinX1024-3200XLPro (2x512MB Dual Channel) (18 Activity LED's)

Corsair TwinX1024-3200C2Pro (2x512MB Dual Channel) (18 Activity LED's)

Ati X1900XTX 512mb + Zalman VF900-Cu GPU Cooler

Western Digital Raptor 74gb SATA hdd's (2x Raid-0)

Samsung 320gb (10 x storage hdd's) approx 2.5 TerraByte

PoineerDVD-RW DVR-111D 16x (2x)

Creative Audigy 2 ZS

IIYAMA Vision Master Pro 514 (Diamondtron 22")

huh.gif

The weather effects have not been removed from the demo. In the coop mission you can even choose the weather and time of day.

...and you cannot modify the demo, so you can't use the dynamic weather mod with it.

I'm not sure what issue the original post refers to, but in the demo only admins may set the weather.

I'll never understand why some feel it necessary to mention the brand of their computer case. Leave your e-penis at the door!

What do you need that much HD storage for? Are you a TV editor or something?huh.gif??

BTW agree that the demo SP map is great and should be in the final game - I'm sure someone can make a similar mission available for download though.... whistle.gif

Note that the Island of the demo (Sarhani Light) can be used in the retail version.

Just a matter of copy/paste. and there you have slightly different version of Sahrani for free...

I guess it may be the same for missions...

Weather can be set in editor. Missions can be made to have varying and changing weather.

Lock please.

I see some people have the SP demo here. Since BIS don't seem to be uploading it, can someone else please upload it for those of us that can't get those magazines with it?

Maybe not the best place to ask, but I would really like to try the SP demo.

Hi all

I am sure it will be available on lots of magazines in the very near future wink_o.gif

Kind Regards Walker

Hi all

I am sure it will be available on lots of magazines in the very near future wink_o.gif

Kind Regards Walker

Would be easier if it was on the net, I don't see why it isn't already.

Cheers for the reply's & in the UK your allowed to backup your orginal dvd's, which with a 300gb hdd is approximatley 70 films per drive. So work out my collection..

Rite back on track, hopefully there will be an easy to install mod so i' can change the weather dynamically.

firefoxlover.gif

Do you mean weather than can change wildly during a mission so it starts off sunny and then pours down?

Do you mean weather than can change wildly during a mission so it starts off sunny and then pours down?

If you want it to.

No all i want to do is set the weather to one setting (as in demo), such as rainy & thunder. Can someone post a easy to do text document of how to achieve this please,..i've dabbled with the editor & you cannot select 'siege the base' or rather edit it..

double click the top right section of the editor, there you can change the forecast, fog, date and time of day. You can also modify these settings with commands which you can find in the biki

Time of day, date and lightning look excellent (personally I love early dawn so its fairly dark with red skies, pouring with rain and lightning and a bit of fog smile_o.gif) but the rain is too weak its not clearly visible and never really pours down, its light rain at best and not loud enough. Theres just not enough immersion for it to affect gameplay

Hopefully someone will mod it for tornado style rain, mud splashes when moving, puddles of water, rain drops on sights/binocs, different sounds for indoors/forests/roads/sand/mud when walking, mud splatter/trails instead of dust and so on. Oh and loss of traction would be good wink_o.gif

(personally I love early dawn so its fairly dark with red skies, pouring with rain and lightning and a bit of fog smile_o.gif) but the rain is too weak its not clearly visible and never really pours down, its light rain at best and not loud enough.

Do you ever get up early enough to see a sunrise? Red skies occur when the sunlight hits the clouds from below. When it's pouring with rain, the sun is usually completely obscured by clouds, so no red skies. And there is no fog when it's pouring either. smile_o.gif

I agree it might look nice, though.