Sign in to follow this  
UnYx

Arma Cz-En-Fr-De-Es-It compatibility

Being a french OFP addict, I couldn't help buying Arma in De version until the Fr one was out.

It finally went out in Fr so I bought it too.

As a curious guy, I tried my De key on the 505Games copy and ... it worked (was a bit surprised wow_o.gif) but let's say that is half worked : when the game launched I realized the I certainly had one of the rare possessors of a De-only 1.04 version of Arma biggrin_o.gif. I say De only because ho other language was allowed wow_o.gifwow_o.gif . Having anyway my 505Games key I finally wiped the De version and installed (with the same DVD) the En-Fr-Es-It one, which let me choose between the 4 languages.

If I summarize : All versions are the same (at least the morphicon & the 505 one), but there are software language locks.

The reasons for these locks are easy to understand since there is an army of publishers, but it is a HUGE SHAME on the users side.

So my question is: Is there any plan to make all versions language-open after a while (understand : after a delay that will insure any of the publishers that their respective target populations will buy the version published in their country; since it will be both available & cheaper this way).

This delayed language lock removal would only have advantages:

1 ) The second, 3rd and later publishers are sure that their target ppl finally buy their versions

2) All versions will be able to joint a server & display english messages understood by ALL the players

3) The damn addicts I a of will have the several official copies THEY HAVE BOUGHT useable as they like (especially in the languages they like), for exemple they will be able to offer some to friends (which often won't be that open on foreign languages for a game they not even know...)

P.S. : Unlocking at least english language (and/or enabling to force multiplayer PC-generated msgs in english)would be a strict minimum for a game that is aimed at cross-borders multiplayer.

I can confirm that the Czech (JRC) and Polish (LEM) are also the same wink_o.gif The displayed language (and player ID) depends on the cd-key.

The diferences betwen CZ and POL versions are the un-translated missions and campaing. Menu, radio command have been alredy in polish in the CZ version.

All the stringtables (in POLversion) are ready for English, Czech ,German ,Russian, French, Spanish and Italian wink_o.gif

1.05 is said to unlock the language changing feature.

I'm expecting to be able to use Arma in my own language. I'm also French, have bought this game its first Release Day in Germany, and i'm not Rich enough to pay the same game twice mad_o.gif

My work is mainly disturbed by this story of 1.02 vs 1.05 so please stop the bad surprises to people that advanced the money first !!!

Thx.

I think BIS did this on purpose to be honest. Think outside the box for a minute.

If BIS had released the 1.04 patch for the CZ and GER versions the same date as the 505 release, we would have people throwing the game in the trash, or locking their 1.04 servers.

FACT: 90% of all 505 players are sheer and utter NEWBS.

They TK often, can't fly, can't shoot and for the most part have no idea what they are doing. (you 505'ers have to admit it.)

FACT: 90% of the CZ and GER players are 5yr + OFP VETS or have been playing for a few months and get the basics on how to play.

COMBINE THE 2 AND YOU GET FRUSTRATED PLAYERS ALL AROUND. PEOPLE GET SICK OF BEING TK'd OR KICKED FROM SERVERS FOR NOT KNOWING WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

I'm expecting to be able to use Arma in my own language. I'm also French, have bought this game its first Release Day in Germany, and i'm not Rich enough to pay the same game twice mad_o.gif

My work is mainly disturbed by this story of 1.02 vs 1.05 so please stop the bad surprises to people that advanced the money first !!!

Thx.

No one made you have to buy the German version.. there is a thing called waiting. Thats your fault.. Anyways patch 1.05 will allow you to use any language with any copy thats why its being released at the end of the month.

Indeed. No-one who bought a German-language version is entitled to bitch now, about not having his own language. You bought it - now deal with it.

But after all I know you will be able to switch languages after having 1.05 applied. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Indeed. No-one who bought a German-language version is entitled to bitch now, about not having his own language. You bought it - now deal with it.

But after all I know you will be able to switch languages after having 1.05 applied. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're right : if V1.05 makes it possible, it will be perfect & I'm absolutely not in a hurry for that (read when I say "after a while").

The only purpose of this post is to have a clear answer about it, what I thought not to have until then.

PS: I like 1 month old babies that cry about noobs rofl.gif. welcome.gif to him & may he quickly forget his CS habits.

@ Whisper: Please do laugh; it is quite hilarious.

---------------------------

@ UnYx: If it is me you are referring to, I have been playing OFP for over 5 yrs. I do not use my in game name here and I run a VET dedicated server. I reside within the Fraghaus Community if that helps. (you know who we are.) Cheers!

---------------------------

@ All

I purchased a German version in the German Language because I wanted to play Armed Assault. I knew before I purchased the product that I may have to buy an English version down the road if I wished to get the latest English code on a DVD. Myself and many others living in the USA had planned on doing this. This is not a surprise to any of us.

If the 1.05 patch doesn't fix the language deal, I am sure there will be another language patcher and we will just have to live with the inconvenience of patching it to English until we can get the USA release in May.

BIS will make good. Have faith.

Just a bit of advice : instead of complaining about noobs killing you game, teach them. That will make the game 10x more enjoyable for both you and them.

I either mis-typed my attitude, or it is assumed that I am upset about the new players. I was trying to make clear why I think the version variations have been separated and BIS's possible reasoning for doing so.

I do help new players out as much as possible, I even ran a [b:A:S:I:C] Training server for a day ... My server MOTD lists all the commonly used player commands and I have VON enabled for helping new players ... I guess it is expected that my post was considered complaining, since most others have one or another thing to complain about. I am happy with Arma and hope that we get 1,000's of CS and BF2 players converting over, if not adding it to their gaming diet. "ArmA Does A Body Good!"

New players are more than welcome on my server anytime. If I am there, I will help them as much as possible. If I am not, I encourage other regulars to help them.

PEACE and Sorry if this is a bit off topic.

I either mis-typed my attitude, or it is assumed that I am upset about the new players. I was trying to make clear why I think the version variations have been separated and BIS's possible reasoning for doing so.

I do help new players out as much as possible, I even ran a [b:A:S:I:C] Training server for a day ... My server MOTD lists all the commonly used player commands and I have VON enabled for helping new players ... I guess it is expected that my post was considered complaining, since most others have one or another thing to complain about. I am happy with Arma and hope that we get 1,000's of CS and BF2 players converting over, if not adding it to their gaming diet. "ArmA Does A Body Good!"

New players are more than welcome on my server anytime. If I am there, I will help them as much as possible. If I am not, I encourage other regulars to help them.

PEACE and Sorry if this is a bit off topic.

Cheers man, I prefer much more to read you this time smile_o.gif

Peace too (but may be not in-game wink_o.gif)