Sign in to follow this  
I3laze

Keyboard Lag

I'm having a real problem with keyboard lag atm which is making the game so unplayable. I've tried setting render ahead to 0, turning V Sync off and ctrl alt del to turn the proccess to below normal. None of these have worked. I've got it on the lowest video settings and this still makes it no better. The only way I could get rid of keyboard lag was to plug in my Joypad and try moving around with that. No lag, but I hate using joypads for FPS games.

Any Ideas for me to try next?

My specs are

Win XP sp2

Asus A8N sli deluxe mobo

AMD 64 3200 @ 2.3 ghz cpu

2 x Nvidia 6600GT 128mb ram

2 Gig xms corsair ram

Sata 2 hard drive

Logitech Mx518 gaming mouse

Saitek Gaming keyboard

All drivers are up to date.

Hmm no one willing to give any tips for me?

I read the system requirements and it says this:

DIRECTX:

========

Direct X 9.1 is requierd to play ArmA. The game setup should update your system with DirectX 9.1 automatically.

For more information or manual update of DirectX, please visit: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/

There is no directX 9.1 is there?

Hi mate, yep, I have the same problem. When I'm running around or something it can take a good 5-10 seconds if I press "Esc" for even that to come up.

I'm going to try a PS2 keyboard that I have and see if that changes anything.

I also have the Saitek gamers keyboard.

Other Specs:

Athlon 64 X2 5200

2GB PC6400 RAM

8800 GTS

Abit AN9 Fatal1ty

SATA 160GB HDD

Well i dont think this problem is widespread.. seeing as you have the same keyboard i should think it would be a conflict between ArmA and that keyboard..

Blaze, try using another keyboard if you got one handy! smile_o.gif

Well I'm using a different keyboard and get no controller lag at all...Hmmm.

Acidcrash, do you have the new version or the old version?

Mine is the old one.

--EDIT--

Actually, using a different keyboard makes no difference, but it only seems to happen in large towns.

Sounds more like a system performance issue.. have you tried measuring the FPS while in the large cities?

No, i've not tried measuring it, but I am easily getting 20+ fps.

If you look up at my system specs too, it's highly unlikely to be that.

system specs dont seem to mean anything in arma huh.gif

some ppl with monster pc's seem to have alot of trouble running arma!

where as some ppl with not so good systems (barely enough min specs) seem to be running ok? wow_o.gif

Well Hopefully My 7800GTX will be here tomorrow and I will post my results. I have searched google about keyboard lag and tried some solutions but no luck.

Yeah to be honest i dont think keyboard lag can really exist :S At least.. it wont be anything to do with the keyboard.

Does your mouse lag when the keyboard lags?

There is no Mouse lag just keyboard lag. I have fitted my 7800gtx and I am really not happy as I still have keyboard lag. mad_o.gif What else can it be?

I wish i could help.. but im not sure how...

... Does your keyboard have any particular settings? like... i dont know if you press a key it automatically 'holds' it down for a little longer or something?

I've never used the Saitek Gaming Keyboard so i dont know... :S

I don't have this problem with other games so I would say no. I have sent a message to the support on the 505 website but have had no reply, this was 5 days ago. Nice support system they have. Just a "sorry but we cannot help you" or "we are looking into it" would be better than nothing.

Added: What does Floting Zones do in the control section?

Did you desactivated windows cache memory swap ?

I have no idea what you mean? How do I go about doing that?

Ok, this solved it for me, give it a try:

I uninstalled all my graphics and Nforce drivers.

I reinstalled the latest ones from afresh.

Mouse/keyboard lag is gone, I just tested it in my "favourite" lag spot and it was absolutely fine biggrin_o.gif

Hmm well it could be the nforce drivers.. i doubt the GFX driver would cause issue.. but hey, if it works, try it!

And in answer to your question about 'float zone' it is the amount of space the crosshair has to move 'freely' without turning the soldier. If you set it to 0 the crosshair is fixed in the middle of the screen smile_o.gif

Well I finally have it working with maxed out graphics and is smooth as a babys bum. yay.gif

I went a little extreme and formated my harddrive and reinstalled XP. I saved all my stuff I wanted onto my 2nd harddrive and like a noob I ended up formating and installing XP on it. Lost everything I really wanted to save. sad_o.gif

So I ended up installing XP twice.

Anyway, after a fresh install I loaded all drivers ect and loaded the lastest Nvidia 73.71 drivers and updated DirectX. I also used coolbits to overclock the gpu and installed nHancer to use for turning off V sync.

Installed and loaded Arma and set video settings to normal and resolution @ 1280x1024. Played smooth so I thought I'd give it a go on maxed out settings and see If I can get it to lagg, Nope it would not lag.

I did not bother using the Saitek gamers keyboard and Logitech mx518 mouse drivers but not sure if it will make it lagg

Thanks for peeps help.

Glad you got it sorted mate, I use the Saitek Gamers keyboard aswell, but this version and seems to be no problem. If its graphics drivers that are causing the problem try using some of the drivers found here I use them myself personally and I say they do make a difference over the vanilla Nvidia drivers wink_o.gif