futurevilla

Error Compiling Pixel Shader PSSpecular Alpha

Every time I launch the game I keep getting "Error Compiling Pixel Shader PSSpecular Alpha" prompt.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

System Manufacturer: P4V80

System Model: P4VM800

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.66GHz

Memory: 1024MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Graphics : ATI X1600 PRO 512 MB

Can someone please help me. this is really quite irritating. All drivers are up2date and I have a pixel shader 3.0 support.

Be grateful for any responses

Try a reinstall.. on the demo i tried to put back on an old build EXE and when i did i got the same error message.

So i'd try a reinstall.. if not.. then i dunno :S

PLz hlp I hav same prob nd ive tried everything to try and fix it but nothing works

Nvidia 7800GT

Amd Athalon 6400 X2 Dual Core

- Did you try deleting the ArmA.cfg file in your "ArmA" folder located in "My Documents"

- What mainboard type have you got, and which chipset drivers do you use ?

What version of ArmA did you have installed before this current one you are trying to load onto your system?

When you attempted the install of this current version, did you do an uninstall of any previous version?

And, after uninstall had completed did you physically delete any folder that was present relating to ArmA?

When you attempted the install of the current version, during the install procedure, did you specify the same install folder as a previously installed version.

Up till now when BIS have released a version of ArmA they have made subtle changes to the compiled shader files which are embedded inside bin.pbo in the \Dta folder.

If there is a prior version of the bin.pbo sitting in \Dta that is incompatible with the .exe you are trying to run this may cause you're error.

When ArmA.exe is launched it also checks the registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA for a key named MAIN which if you're installation went without a hitch should point to the same folder as the ArmA.exe you are launching.

You're problem might be you are running the ArmA shortcut on you're desktop which say points to 'C:\Games\ArmA\ArmA.exe' and in the registry the 'MAIN' key might be pointing to 'C:\Program Files\ArmA'...

So, when the .exe launches it tries to load all the pbo's from a previous install and thereby gets a comflict with an incompatable shader.

Just some possible senario's that might lead you to a resolution or be completely unhelpful... icon_rolleyes.gif

Cheers, Sy.

PS. If none of that works then try stepping back to previous versions of you're graphics drivers...

me too I'm on a Windows XP home diction yet I have direct 10 installed I'm grateful for any replies and yes it's a legal copy I got Arma armed assault demo from one of the dev websites please help I tryed installing some directx 9 versions I meet all requirements like recommended and minimum  but I think I need direct 9 only please help it's ergent