Sign in to follow this  
boake

Answer me frankly, plz.

It's the same 3-4 people everytime. Lack of adaptability, tbh.

The ONLY control difference I see, now that I have setup my keys properly, is that I've 3 keys for difference stances, when I had 2 before.

Oh

My

God!

What a sin BI! What have you done to ArmA? pistols.gif

This sprint issue is only an anim issue. It can be solved either by BI or even by way of a mod. Incredible, isn't it?

Dropping ArmA over such an issue, completely overlooking every advance made in other aspects of the game, is dropping a Ferrari over a Ford because the color doesn't fit your wishes. When painting it correctly could be done for much much much cheaper.

Hey someone's got some sense wink_o.gif

Just because _YOU_ dont like the anims doesnt mean that everyone else hates them, and vice versa. But seriously, if u want them changed, a mod will be out sooner or later with new anims (one is already in the works by Scratch Modworks *i think*).

If you feel the need to constantly moan about ArmA and how they have 'ruined' the game, uninstall it and return to playing OFP.

The thread is not about moaning about CTF changes but about the improvements of ArmA over OFP.

Sense?? yeah sure, as if remapping is gonna change the terrible arma sway, stupid breathing feature and horrible clunky movements.

Looks more like fanboy autolove than sense.

ANyway... why do i have to rely in mods to anything?? Mods are a pin in the ass, a waste of time and a waste of hardd drive, in the end very few servers have them and limits considerably the number of potential players.

And again, anism are not the only problem.

The ONLY control difference I see, now that I have setup my keys properly, is that I've 3 keys for difference stances, when I had 2 before.

Oh

My

God!

This sprint issue is only an anim issue. It can be solved either by BI or even by way of a mod. Incredible, isn't it?

Dropping ArmA over such an issue, completely overlooking every advance made in other aspects of the game, is dropping a Ferrari over a Ford because the color doesn't fit your wishes. When painting it correctly could be done for much much much cheaper.

IF you only see that control diffrence then you are nothing more than a fanboy with complete lack of autocriticism of the game and discussing anything with you is efortless

Sense?? yeah sure, as if remapping is gonna change the terrible arma sway, stupid breathing feature and horrible clunky movements.

ANyway... why do i have to rely in mods to anything?? Mods are a pin in the ass, a waste of time and a waste of hardd drive, in the end very few servers have them and limits considerably the number of potential players.

IF you only see that control diffrence then you are blind and discussig anything with you is efortless as you are probably a fanboy than anything else.

If you don't like the "terrible ArmA sway", the "stupid breathing feature", and "horrible clunky movements" then don't play ArmA.

You can either

1) Accept it, and play the game anyways

2) Go play BF2, and stop whining

And as far as mods go, go to OFP: Resistance, and count how many servers DON'T have a mod. About 2-4 out of a good 40-60. Eventually, I guarantee you ArmA will be like that.

You just want something to blame because you can't take on the learning curve of ArmA. You expect to be able to run around and shoot everybody without any thought behind it.

ArmA is better than OFP.

How could it be otherwise, considering ArmA is an improved rerelease of OFP:Elite which is based on OFP.

They gave it a facelift , added some new things and how that usually goes broke many things in the process.

To be sure tho, ArmA won't surpass OFP in terms of quality and playability modifications achieved after so many years. For that you have to wait another 1-2 years.

And anyone who thinks they can get their style of gameplay satisfied by Vanilla BIS content , I think you are in for a lot of disappointment. Unless you are willing to modify this game to your wishes,which is one of its strongpoints , you will never get what you want. And even then you have dozens of engine limitations and bugs to deal with that should have been fixed yesterday

Oh

My

God!

IF you only see that control diffrence then you are nothing more than a fanboy with complete lack of autocriticism of the game and discussing anything with you is efortless

I already stated why this sway and breath isn't that much of an issue earlier, and even weeks before that, but you never answered. Probably because I dared oppose your point of view. Hey, I must be a fanboy, mmmh?

OFP was just easy-mode when it came to long range shooting. This sway + breathing features only have one effect : they reduce your effective range. For long range you need more timing and preparation. For CQB nothing is changed from OFP.

It's just a matter of adapting to this new typical fast fight range. Which is where good map design comes into play.

Oh

My

God!

Hey someone's got some sense wink_o.gif

Just because _YOU_ dont like the anims doesnt mean that everyone else hates them, and vice versa. But seriously, if u want them changed, a mod will be out sooner or later with new anims (one is already in the works by Scratch Modworks *i think*).

If you feel the need to constantly moan about ArmA and how they have 'ruined' the game, uninstall it and return to playing OFP.

The thread is not about moaning about CTF changes but about the improvements of ArmA over OFP.

And again, anism are not the only problem.

Oh

My

God!

IF you only see that control diffrence then you are nothing more than a fanboy with complete lack of autocriticism of the game  and discussing anything with you is efortless

And what does this much moaning achieve anyway? You don't like your rifle swaying in your hands? Have you ever tried aiming a real one? IMHO, it is realistic - the rifles are kinda heavy, anyway.

And about the ironsights - it isn't all that easy to use them even IRL.

Either learn to play the game, or at least stop moaning about it being hard... It wasn't BIS's intention to make another easy-to-play Quake-clone (or BF2-clone or whatever), anyway.

BTW, there is a setting in the difficulty menu saying 'Auto Aim'. I wonder if that's what you're missing...

And yes, the anims are weird sometimes, but that isn't so serious, is it? If you don't want to play the game because it has screwed up anims, go ahead... As someone here already said - that can be fixed. But I see no reason to throw some other features out just because they're making the game harder to learn...

Mora just assign a gd key for zooming and another one for hold breath and build a bridge and get over it.

And what does this much moaning achieve anyway? You don't like your rifle swaying in your hands? Have you ever tried aiming a real one? IMHO, it is realistic - the rifles are kinda heavy, anyway.

And about the ironsights - it isn't all that easy to use them even IRL.

It achieves trying to search for a better game.

yes i´ve aimed with a rifle in Rl, not in combat, just hunting in my grandpas property and ironsights are much more easy than this game for obvious reasons.

I dont ask for such realism cause 3d glasses that would cover 180 degrees of view would be needed. But also i dont ask a game to make it much more difficult.

If you cant simulate something dont make it harder in post of realism, cause you are only fucking it up.

Quote[/b] ]Either learn to play the game, or at least stop moaning about it being hard... It wasn't BIS's intention to make another easy-to-play Quake-clone (or BF2-clone or whatever), anyway.

Another clone?? since when Bis has done a Q2 clone?? They did an excellent job with OFP. And they´ve gone too far this time with arma.

Why have they taken military advice on a GAME AIMED AT CIVILIANS??

Exccesive realism in a game like this is stupid.

Quote[/b] ]

BTW, there is a setting in the difficulty menu saying 'Auto Aim'. I wonder if that's what you're missing...

And i think there is a setting/function in your body missing. Its called brain. I bet you are a cooper or ctier.Its funny how you people think you are skilled when you dont do much anything that kill mindless stupid ai that cant even go passed around a building.

Quote[/b] ]

And yes, the anims are weird sometimes, but that isn't so serious, is it? If you don't want to play the game because it has screwed up anims, go ahead... As someone here already said - that can be fixed. But I see no reason to throw some other features out just because they're making the game harder to learn...

Harder to learn?? Learn what??

I believe for stupid people a game like this needs to have some learning, but i dont, if the controls are bad the first day they will be bad the second, third and last day.

If you don't like the "terrible ArmA sway", the "stupid breathing feature", and "horrible clunky movements" then don't play ArmA.  

You can either

1) Accept it, and play the game anyways

2) Go play BF2, and stop whining

And as far as mods go, go to OFP: Resistance, and count how many servers DON'T have a mod.  About 2-4 out of a good 40-60.  Eventually, I guarantee you ArmA will be like that.

You just want something to blame because you can't take on the learning curve of ArmA.  You expect to be able to run around and shoot everybody without any thought behind it.

Learning curve what?? biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

You are so simplistic its amusing.

Again, i dont need to learn nothing in a game like this. If the controls and playability are bad the first day they will be bad the second, third and last day.

i´ve handled much more complicated games than this one with no problem at all.

The thing is that those games didnt feel stupid or boring. Behind there realism was a clear purpose and comitted well to the games fun.

Ofp did a good job at that,now that has turn into excentric realism whore and coop loving.

I already stated why this sway and breath isn't that much of an issue earlier, and even weeks before that, but you never answered. Probably because I dared oppose your point of view. Hey, I must be a fanboy, mmmh?

OFP was just easy-mode when it came to long range shooting. This sway + breathing features only have one effect : they reduce your effective range. For long range you need more timing and preparation. For CQB nothing is changed from OFP.

It's just a matter of adapting to this new typical fast fight range. Which is where good map design comes into play.

You dared opposed nothing, mainly because you are lying. CQB are not the same. Therefore you are a fanboy.

If anims now are more laborious and take a 50% more of time the soldier itself will be less dynamic, more clunky and less responsive. No matter hoy you try to defend it, right now, with stupid 3d ironsights that take out 75% of the view and filthy controls that arent able to deliver a good switching btween aiming modes to compensate that lack of field vision the game itself limits hardly combat warfare in close spaces. There is a thread by somebody that has said people are starting to aim without ironsight.

And that is clearly a solution for players,  very bad solution cause it sucks out a lot of the ambience of the game but a solution for not getting wasted. And its natural... if you go swat style in urban you are simply dead.. the lack of fastness in response the soldier delivers between aiming modes and crunch/walk modes makes you dead.

People didnt take that way in OFP.

Avoiding the mentioned corner exploit and the time graphic differences combat was much more fast, realistic, and fun to play.

Cornering being much more difficult is an obvious thing:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....0;st=15

Campers are now worse than ever due to this. And you yourself see it quite normal.

At least you recognise that in the other type of combats situation has really changed. Thats an advance.

Mora just assign a gd key for zooming and another one for hold breath and build a bridge and get over it.

As if it was that easy... The problem isnt remapping the keys. the problem is what you have to press in order to make an action. Im not moaning about the amount of actions the soldier can make, im moaning about the response the game gives to the keyboard and the method they´ve used to it.

After five years i expected crouch, leaning, and walking, jogging, sprinting and at least two zooms for aiming.

What i didnt expect was that it would be such badly designed and how the soldier control/design changed between them. there isnt any purpose on it, at least untill technology evolves from what a 2d monitor represents.

Quote[/b] ]Why have they taken military advice on a GAME AIMED AT CIVILIANS??
Thats because they didn't. If they did, armor values wouldn't be so fucked up as they are.

I agree with you, I wonder how many other people think the same. I know the majority of them left this game a long time ago.

c'mon, go easy on these kids, Mora. These Arma kids don't know what real combat is. crazy_o.gif or maybe they're not living in real life...

agree with you, btw.

You seriously need to treat it more as a sim, if you find this game too hard to control. One day of testing the keys and in comes the towel. Mate - Just like in service, you must toughen up a bit. wink_o.gif

Heyas Dallas, you wouldn`t happen to be an old Vietcong player? ;0) I seeya at pteros forums I think.

I pretty much agree with Mora 2 and Luciano on almost all points - (except that I actually think the flight model in OFP is spot on except for the collective control - but in ArmA it's just total rubbish - anyway I've said more than enough about all that elsewhere).

Also, altho I do broadly agree with those fellows on all else I can almost live with it as is - EXCEPT for the flight model - AND the big thing I hate about ArmA is the difficulty in longer range aiming - again OFP had this about right IMO inasmuch as in your capacity as a presumably half decently trained and competent soldier WITHIN THE GAME WORLD the game enabled you to achieve I think quite believable shots without excessive ease or frustrating difficulty.

In ArmA Demo I've given up using the sight option except for the M24 - all else I just use the cursor sight with view zoom as it gives much better result than using the sights!!

-IRL if you have a reasonable familiarity with a particular rifle and the rifle itself is of high enough standard you can actually achieve very decent groupings over quite extraordinary distances.

Heard the story about US troops being investigated in Iraq because of the extraordinary proportion of enemy kills being from headshots?? - the implication was that troops were "executing" bad guys after capture - but it turned out that the US troops are actually THAT accurate with their M16's and M4's etc. !!! (especially of course with aimpoint sights - by contrast, in ArmA I'm buggered if I know where the rounds do go but it's not on the dot of the sight!!! )

I think graphically there is a marked improvement from OFP.

It's not stupendous, I'm still aware that it is the same GFX engine. But the upgrade is noticeable to the naked eye.

There's no going back.

Performance wise and gameplay wise it's the exact same game.

The new campaign perhaps lacks the creative storytelling aspects of the original, but it is well made and very functional. Enjoyable and well worth a play through.

Game saves are now unlimited.

The game theme is essentially the same, Russian's vs Americans, (killing each other on fantasy island).

Obviously there aren't any addons yet, so that fun bit of OFP where I play with all my nations gear in scenarios based on their current or historical deployments isn't available and is unlikely to be for a year or two.

Helicopters in ArmA are epileptic in flight.

No fun to play and the missions that force me to in the campaign have destroyed all my will to complete it.

I bought a new Saitek X52 pro for a 100 quid last week because I was so looking forward to the helicopters.

Having tried them on my older X45, I think I can safely say when it arrives tomorrow I will be testing it out on OFP only.

If aircraft is your thing, you are better off sticking to OFP as there are plenty of mods, and the improved details in the GFX can't really be seen from the air anyway.

Otherwise, Arma is good to go. If you think about it as a standalone expansion pack for OFP, you will be in the right frame of mind to appreciate it.

icon_rolleyes.gif What I feel is the helicopter in ArmA is even difficult than the one in FS2004. Difficult control never mean it's real, I remember Oleg ( IL2's designer ) said many times in UBI forum. confused_o.gif

You dared opposed nothing, mainly because you are lying. CQB are not the same. Therefore you are a fanboy.

If anims now are more laborious and take a 50% more of time the soldier itself will be less dynamic, more clunky and less responsive. No matter hoy you try to defend it, right now, with stupid 3d ironsights that take out 75% of the view and filthy controls that arent able to deliver a good switching btween aiming modes to compensate that lack of field vision the game itself limits hardly combat warfare in close spaces. There is a thread by somebody that has said people are starting to aim without ironsight.

And that is clearly a solution for players, very bad solution cause it sucks out a lot of the ambience of the game but a solution for not getting wasted. And its natural... if you go swat style in urban you are simply dead.. the lack of fastness in response the soldier delivers between aiming modes and crunch/walk modes makes you dead.

People didnt take that way in OFP.

Avoiding the mentioned corner exploit and the time graphic differences combat was much more fast, realistic, and fun to play.

Cornering being much more difficult is an obvious thing:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....0;st=15

Campers are now worse than ever due to this. And you yourself see it quite normal.

At least you recognise that in the other type of combats situation has really changed. Thats an advance.

Re-read what I say, I'm talking about you bitching about the aim imprecision, NOT the anims. Stop bullying me about the animations, you are not answergin to the point.

For CQB, with or without 3D ironsight (and FYI many people don't use ironsight for CQB, since a long time. Once you know the parralax error, even in OFP, you don't really need them, unless ofc the server has disabled crosshair), do you need to use the hold breathe function? No, you're close enough to hit anyway

Does the wobble of the sight stop you from hitting? No, you're close enough to hit anyway.

So, I repeat my point : the wobble and breathe function does NOT change the CQB, it only restricts the EASY MODE that was OFP hitting @ long range.

Notice : I didn't talk about the animations. Take a few pages back, other thread, and you'll see what I think about them.

And plz stop acting like any1 opposing your PoV is a fanboi.

I have no problem with the 'gun wobble'. Makes it more sim-like for me.

Actually the number 1 reason people failed to qualify in firearms training was trigger pull. Most people were just clicking the trigger like a toy gun and were missing shots under 25 yards repeatedly. I would love to see this in a sim, with a pressurized mouse click.

I agree arma has some issues including the animations transition to death often looks poor and too slow, and the crosshair is too accurate at range.

But I don't agree arma, being slower, is less real, or less fun. Au contraire. The problem you're having is actually CTF itself.

The problem CTF usually has is respawn in (in)convenient places makes for an implausible goal, which belongs in faster paced games in the first place. 8 US soldiers doesn't charge a stronghold full of iraqis who has infinite respawn in a nearby location. It can make for fun gameplay in a fast paced game, but it obviously won't take long before people get bored with being sniped needing to run for 2 minutes across an open field to get half way to the goal. Obviously basic CTF is archaic and needs speed. It needs to evolve along with the game or you end up with something left behind. If humvee's and other tools can't fix CTF for you, then perhaps nothing will.

The same could probably be said about many of the simpler player vs player modes by the way.