acidcrash

Lock ups

Right, first of all; specs

Athlon 64 3200

1Gb of RAM

GF6800 Ultra (256mb, AGP)

DX9

Winblows XP (32bit)

Drivers upto date, bar GFX which is on 91.47 (anything newer than that then Arma just refuses to start outright, anything before that gives constant graphical glitches)

Problem:

Every couple of minutes without fail, I will get a complete lock up of game... no movement, sounds will continue for 1-2 seconds then they too will stop. in total the game will sit in a frozen state for 5-6 seconds in which the battle will rage on around me and I will quite often get killed, but I wont know anything about it till the game unfreezes. This happens both MP and SP, noone else in server when on MP claims to get it.

...suggestions?

edit: game version 1.04 UK

Andy,

Radeon x800 pro256mb

athlon xp 3000

1 gb ddr ram

soundblaster live 5.1

Same here acid, system just locks up only way out for me anyways is reset button and reboot. Tried alsorts already running different compatability modes, turn Norton off, played around with all the settings within options yet still the crashes.

My machine is fine runs NFS carbon, Fifa 07 no problems at all. I've even downloaded a small program which people use to save resources and is a great help for shutting down unwanted processes when you need every ounce of muscle to run a graphic intensive game, FS autostart was its name, and.................... no that didnt work either !.

The game looks so good but these gliches or bugs are driving me crazy as I am using the editor a lot, so hope indeed it proves to be just that, a glich or bug, and remedied in the first UK patch, I hope so anyways as running out of other options to try and run the game stable.

smile_o.gif

Hmm, thats similar but I usually dont need to reboot, it just pauses for several seconds then carries on on its merry way... usually with me having died during the spike

I did wonder if it was perhaps tempreture... its running in the green. I've tried shutting down all non-essential processes incase they were causing the problem... detail is on low/very low.

I don't know if its just a coincidence but it usually occurs when in a) built up areas or b) in dense foliage

just a few other points which might help diagnose the problem and resolve it! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I've tried shutting down all non-essential processes incase they were causing the problem...

You can't possibly shut down all non-essential processes unless you do what i posted and that's the 'Clean Boot' method (look for it below these posts; i've asked for it to be 'stickied'wink_o.gif

The idea of the clean boot is to either diagnose or remove progs that cause conflicts with intensive games.

So for example you 'Clean Boot' the game works perfect! Soooo then you start adding progs back in to find out what causes the conflict that causes a crash.

Either that or you just drag a msconfig shortcut to the desktop and just run your games by that method.

I do!

You can run non-essential background processes without a clean boot.

There is a program I mentioned in my original post called FSautostart, it was made by the Flightsim community for the microsoft sim as it was so hardware intensive. Running FSautostart is easy to get to grips with as all processes are descriptive, and the program informs you of windows files Not to Shut down, along with others which are running in the background therefore consuming valuble processing power.

Although this utility does not help the Arma lockups, (for me anyways), you can notice a vast improvement of gameplay by using it, that was its purpose, give it a whirl.