Sign in to follow this  
Daston

Crashing to desktop in cut scenes and stutter

Hi guys

I am able to play some mission ie the training missions but any mission that has a cut scene causes my pc to crash to windows. I also suffer from choppy frame rates when flying making it very hard to fly.

My specs are

Asus Crosshair SLI

AMD X2 FX 62 (running at 3.5ghz)

4gb OCZ SLI 8500Mhz DDR2

2x OCuk 8800 GTX

Creative HIFX Gaming

Enermax 1000W Galaxie PSU

If you take a gentle look at your games manual, you will see that this is a game made for Windows XP, as it says in the system specifications.

If you have a non-OEM version of Vista, you have two free support tickets with Microsoft. I rather see the problem within the DirectX modules of Vista.

If you take a gentle look at your games manual, you will see that this is a game made for Windows XP, as it says in the system specifications.

If you have a non-OEM version of Vista, you have two free support tickets with Microsoft. I rather see the problem within the DirectX modules of Vista.

Please don't spread this nonsense.

ArmA works fine under Vista. It is of some other problem.

Actually I know about many applications that don't function properly under Vista. World of Warcraft does not run on Vista as of last week, as example for a game.

I don't say it's impossible to run Arma under Vista, but if you can't get the game to run on Vista, I tell you installing it under XP will most likely fix your problem.

Check what your game manual says. System Requirements: Windows 2000/XP.

Well i had random crashes in XP and now under Vista, no better no worse.

Vista may have some issues but what software doesent these days? Arma also have issues but im confident that neither Microsoft nor Bis are "giving up" until their products are working as they should.

People are to impatient these days, everything must be absolutely fault-free or they go bananas, well in real life it doesent work that way, especialy as software is geting more and more complex. Im patiently waiting for the next patch.