Sign in to follow this  
Reapy

OFP:RealPaintball for ArmA

Hello,

I convert the realpaintball TDM mission of OFP for ArmA.

All seems to work fine but I have problems with the camera, the coordinates in the BIS scripts are showing the sea and I try to move them without any success...In fact, I have always got problems with cameras even in my own missions biggrin_o.gif

If anyone can help me, PM me plz !

Otherwise, the players who was in lean left or right position in the last round keep this position after respawn near the bunker confused_o.gif Not a major problem but if anyone know a solution plz tell me !

As far as I am aware the camera scripting has changed slightly. So if the camera script is the one straight from OFP some of the commands may no longer be recognizable. Take a look at the wiki....

Any news on this? Tried to convert it myself but cannot solve the script errors sad_o.gif

There already is a functioning paintball map in circulation and I intend to make an improved edition.

Play it in OFP, you'll get a much better experience biggrin_o.gif

Unless you try to make Real Paintball COOP.

As far as I know, ARMA is a failure in everything except the following:

-Playing coop against the AI

-Taking pictures

-Videos

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

There already is a functioning paintball map in circulation and I intend to make an improved edition.

You got a copy for me to download at all? smile_o.gif

Yeah i'd love to play a bit of Real Paintball! biggrin_o.gif

Btw have you tried just removing the camera movements completely and just adding them yourself? If you use the camera.sqs then you can click with left mouse button and it will store the coordinates automatically of the camera position which you can then paste into the camera script.

...As far as I know, ARMA is a failure in everything except...

And as far as I know, you are a failure at whining and attention seeking, nobody cares anymore nener.gif

If you love OFP so much, then carry on playing it because the ArmA players don't care biggrin_o.gif

ArmA version of RealPaintball will be cool, would love to have it for the local server smile_o.gif

...As far as I know, ARMA is a failure in everything except...

And as far as I know, you are a failure at whining and attention seeking, nobody cares anymore nener.gif

If you love OFP so much, then carry on playing it because the ArmA players don't care biggrin_o.gif

+1 to that.

So, has anyone actually released a real paintball map/conversion yet? I'm not seeing any links here.

Sounds great will check it out tonight.

@Madmatt/MaddogX: ...a better policy towards self-confessed Codemasters stooges sent here to bad-mouth Arma might be to just ignore them...

...@Madmatt/MaddogX: ...a better policy towards self-confessed Codemasters stooges sent here to bad-mouth Arma might be to just ignore them...

I know, I was just having some fun. smile_o.gif

I had several hours of great PvP action in ArmA yesterday, so I'm not bothered by people with stupid complaints about it. If they turned it into OFP like some people want I would be pretty sad.

Anyway, now I feel like playing some RealPaintball in ArmA. Would love to have some organised games with it on the local server. It will make for a fun PvP map.

I would like the US guys to have M16A2s for this map, not those M4 Aimpoints. Makes more sense when up against AK74s, and that is how it was in the OFP version.

I would like the US guys to have M16A2s for this map, not those M4 Aimpoints. Makes more sense when up against AK74s, and that is how it was in the OFP version.

The original version had M4 (XM-177) for the US.

The original version had M4 (XM-177) for the US.

Oh, I forgot. I just remembered the M16 being the default weapon for the US guys back then.

Anyway, I guess then the US soldiers should get the M4A1 with iron sights. Maybe it was done so that both sides had weapons that could fire full-auto (XM-177 in OFP had full-auto right?).

Why not make it AKS-74U vs. M4 (Iron sights)

Mre balanced?

Or maybe just AK74 v M16

Bit more even than M4 v AK74

M16 downright blows in this game, M4A1 vs AK-74 is much more balanced and the combination is used in a CTF league, too.

I wouldn't say the M16 blows in the game, but it's defiantly not suited for this type of "in-your-face" map. The M4A1 + AK74 is defiantly the best idea.

Hello there,

I'm the author of the remake of Real Paintball that you can find on the aresgames server, we (FAR clan) are working on another version taking place on the Rahmadi island.

We are working on JIP with some problems so any helps will be accepted wink_o.gif

I noted the Celery's idea (M4A1 + AK74) and I think it's a good idea !

Any chance for a dl link?

Already tried connecing to ares server but it gave me a bad version error sad_o.gif

Yeah i think it has EqualMod=1 or whatever it is sad_o.gif

So a download link from anyone who has it in their cache it would be cool if you could upload it =)