Sign in to follow this  
ck-claw

505 uk version

hi guys, have searched but nothing pops up?

atm i have my-sprocket d/l Czech version 1.02

just been and bought 505 uk version 1.04,if i install the 505 version will i still be able to play on the 1.02 servers and/or any others that have German/Czech versions??

hope that makes sense smile_o.gif

thanks in advance,

ck

many thanks!!

that gives me a headache!

now do i install my new 505 version? as most of our clan are still waiting on their copies! so want be able to play together!

and our dedi server is still 1.02

me thinks i need a cider!!!! banghead.gif

You can have 2 diferent wersions. Just instal ArmA 1.02 go to registry and export registry key from "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA" to file named armacz.reg and when you want put it on the desktop. Then instal ArmA 1.04 to different folder then the 1.02 version. And also export the same registry key nad save like armaen.reg. Put it on desktop and now you play on 1.02 and 1.04. But before starting the 1.02 version add the registry key form armacz.reg to your registry just by clicking the file, start the game from the 1.02 folder and you have 1.02 version in Czech launguage. When you want play 1.04 add to registry the key from armaen.reg and start the game from the 1.04 directory and you have 1.04 in english wink_o.gif

You can check smoething. When you start a 1.04 but in registry is key from 1.02 you can play 1.04 but in czech languge and Player ID from czech version. And similar when you run 1.02 version when key from 1.04 is in registry.

This works for my and my czech and polish versions.

thanks!! smile_o.gif

ive just installed 505 version to another folder yay.gif

once i'd had a pint of cider it all became clear!! biggrin_o.gif

Alcohol, the ultimate answer. smile_o.gif

I'm probably going to uninstall my German version and install the English version when it turns up either tomorow or monday.

You can have 2 diferent wersions. Just instal ArmA 1.02 go to registry and export registry key from "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA" to file named armacz.reg and when you want put it on the desktop. Then instal ArmA 1.04 to different folder then the 1.02 version. And also export the same registry key nad save like armaen.reg. Put it on desktop and now you play on 1.02 and 1.04. But before starting the 1.02 version add the registry key form armacz.reg to your registry just by clicking the file, start the game from the 1.02 folder and you have 1.02 version in Czech launguage. When you want play 1.04 add to registry the key from armaen.reg and start the game from the 1.04 directory and you have 1.04 in english wink_o.gif

You can check smoething. When you start a 1.04 but in registry is key from 1.02 you can play 1.04 but in czech languge and Player ID from czech version. And similar when you run 1.02 version when key from 1.04 is in registry.

Kind O.T but:

I see you have both versions, do you notice any performance increase in the UK release?

Edit: Nervermind, someone just made this thread

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=57965

hmm not really any increase in fps-i'm getting about the same but noticed all the graphics settings bar 1 or 2 are set to very high!!

so maybe if i put the settings back to what i have in the Czech version(high) then there could well be a increase in fps?? smile_o.gif

the mp interface is a hell of alot better!! more info!

the grass flatening is um quite funny though! biggrin_o.gif

"the mp interface is a hell of alot better!! more info!"

Any screenies for the poor folks still on 1.02 biggrin_o.gif

ah, yes I thought there was a way.

I don't have the HD space I'm afraid. Doh

This is a pain in the backside, I've got the 505 version today and hardly any Multi servers are running it meaning I cant play.

They really didn't think this all out properly at all

"the mp interface is a hell of alot better!! more info!"

Any screenies for the poor folks still on 1.02 biggrin_o.gif

MP u.i

look folks, BIS probably didnt have any say in the release date of 505, nor the german or czech releases

and the time that (what is in reality a small team) they have, to fix bugs has to be prioritised to some extent

maybe they could have released a 1,04 patch but with a 1.05 just around the corner, is it really worth getting your spotty faced teenage knickers in a twist.

They are afterall running a business not a charity and will fix the important issues on a priority basis

Could you have done much better??

I doubt it

The fact that you are on this thread means you would have bought it anyway regardless of whether the dedi server is ready for your version or not... play the bloody campaign why dont ya

hell my community is waiting for the linux release which isnt going to be for some time yet and we aint whining over it, it will be ready when it is ready

look folks, BIS probably didnt have any say in the release date of 505, nor the german or czech releases

and the time that (what is in reality a small team) they have, to fix bugs has to be prioritised to some extent

maybe they could have released a 1,04 patch but with a 1.05 just around the corner, is it really worth getting your spotty faced teenage knickers in a twist.

They are afterall running a business not a charity  and will fix the important issues on a priority basis

Could you have done much better??

I doubt it

The fact that you are on this thread means you would have bought it anyway regardless of whether the dedi server is ready for your version or not... play the bloody campaign why dont ya

hell my community is waiting for the linux release which isnt going to be for some time yet and we aint whining over it, it will be ready when it is ready

"running a business not a charity"huh.gif?huh.gif

I do not consider it to be wanting "charity" to expect my game to work in the manner it is meant to.

I hope you dont run a business mate, if thats your attitude to customers. Thank god you dont work for BIS or we'd all be screwed.

wow_o.gif i wanna know - how he knows im wearing knickers?huh.gifwhistle.gif

call it foresight