Sign in to follow this  
xpz

505 version defaults to german language

Just got the 505 version and installed it. I made sure every trace of my old Morphicon download was gone (searched the registry, deleted old dirs, settings etc.).

To my great horror and suprise the 505 version defaults to german language. I noticed a language setting in the options but i am unable to manipulate it. Any ideas what's wrong? I'm going nuts!

Change language directly in ArmA.cfg

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">language="English";

Did you use the key you've obtained with the Morphicon download or from the 505 version? The key seems to determine the default language of the game.

Quote[/b] ]Change language directly in ArmA.cfg
language="English";

Arma.cfg says language="English";

sad_o.gif

Did you use the key you've obtained with the Morphicon download or from the 505 version? The key seems to determine the default language of the game.

Yes that's true. Im using my brothers disc since I bought my version from Morphicon. (I hate starforce, don't speak german and I want 1.04).

Any ideas how to change the language?

You need to use the CD key provided with the 505 disc for installation, otherwise your install can be considered to the the German edition based on the CD key.

You need to use the CD key provided with the 505 disc for installation, otherwise your install can be considered to the the German edition based on the CD key.

Yeah I understand that. But there is a language setting in options that I am unable to manipulate. Why?

Because some versions are not international, and therefore do not have any languages to select from.

Because some versions are not international, and therefore do not have any languages to select from.

Its annoying that the key is linked to language. I don't really see why I should pony up for another copy of the game when I already supported you guys by buying the German version. If I have a valid key I should be able to play in the language of my choice.

E

And If I go to Canada and buy the same car that can be gotten around here, it will be in metrics

I can drive it in the USA but it will still be in metrics

Lol too funny the original poster removed all traces of his old version EXCEPT THE CDKEY!!

Sounds terrible. I think BI should release a stand-alone language patch which can install all languages into any ArmA release, then by 1.05 you can make switches through video options. Sounds like magic? too difficult? goofy? I think it's worth trying.

Btw: why is the cdkey like maniac? I think it's none of Cdkey's business to interfere in language preference. It should just check if the product is genuine and should back off then!  crazy_o.gif