Sign in to follow this  
cain2001

New Gang In Town To Clean Up Campers!

I don’t know if anyone remembers me but I was one of the four makers behind War On Campers. Many may think it was a movie but it was in fact a war on the servers (we mostly recall it being a slaughter). Camping is a part of the game but there’s Camping and Camping and it’s the bad kind of Camping that are being fought. So this is a heads up for all those of you who never are the first line of soldiers. You have been warned !!!

This is neither a clan nor a team. It’s a group of knights on a Crusade!!! When our call has been completed, we will dig the graves of many!

More Info here: http://www.onlinewarfare.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13159

image0ic2.jpg

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:"Red"'>Download Bad Company Pre Movie[</span></span>

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>History</span>

Most of you know or have heard about the movie War On Campers. The idea of it was simple. Show the public the situation on the servers and what could be done about it. Fighting went on for a while but years later only one player would remain of the four. Being the only one left Bad Company is the new Anti Campers Nightmare.

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Mission</span>

With the release of ArmA a new threat was released and camping has grown to the better worse. Cornering isn’t possible but the leaning has made it a true camper’s paradise. With this new start a even bigger task than cleaning up some newbie’s stuck on a corner with their G36 in OFP thinking they are "good" players. With the tables turned it will be hard to keep a balance, out numbered and out gunned the fight wont stop until all of them have been fought and send home in a body bag.

Thats the funniest thing ive seen writen on here in a long time cain. rofl.gifrofl.gif . I thought that most people here on the forums had lost the sence of humor and turned into a bunch of Elite Haters. Were talking about a game that less than a 100 people are playing each night and you want to go after the campers. The Demo has been released worldwide and were talking about some diehard peeps trying to like the game so why dont you give the few peeps playing it a break. whistle.gif

damn i guess my sniper spots are now in danger rofl.gif

sadly i'm deadly with anything what got IS smile_o.gif (did i told You i even rule with manual bolted rifles in ROO ? pistols.gifwhistle.gif

btw. but first You need find me nener.gif

Well to tell you the truth its just my own way of getting myself motivated to play smile_o.gif And Its funnier playing for a cause rather than just joining up and doing the same old. Now Ive a mission! And I wont rest untill they all are 2 feet underground! Ofcourse ill spare normal campers (unless they turn out to be pro campers)

The expression "I would like to go and camp in the woods" just got a whole different meaning!

and

"Never before have camping in the woods been so dangerous"

A self-righteous gang on a holly quest of extermination? Priests of justice bent on killing? The hands of God raining death and destruction upon the ville and the wicked? Sounds like a dream come true!

Like a proper kamikaze without without the tinniest semblance of patience and caution I have always hated the campers with an undying intensity. And as rare as it happens managing to kill one of those Satan`s apprentices always fills me with an immense sense of accomplishment.

However it is a mystery to my why do you wish to limit this fine crusade to only four knightly warriors and aim it at just the leaning scum of CTF.

When justice calls the righteous to arms all that call themselves good should swarm to its side! And in the holly struggle we should not hamper our efforts by placing limitations on them, but should strike wherever there is evil. A CTF in ArmA, a CTI in OFP, or a game of Cowboys and Indians on the plains of Nebraska it makes no difference. These evil creatures should know no respite and should be smitten into shambles wherever they dare practice their malicious trade!

What is needed is not a company, but a whole auxiliary corps of volunteers. A Corps like no other before it. A Corps not held together by ranks and discipline, but only by the righteousness of its cause!

Name: Anti-Camper Auxiliary Corps

Distinguishing mark: Red bandana tied to the head (to show the campers we know no fear!)

Battle Cry: Come out and fight me like a man!

Credo: My cause is my shield, my zeal is my ammo.

Tactics: Make up for the poor accuracy with the number of shots fired. Make up for the lack of common sense with zeal. Make up for the poor tactics with sheer numbers. Remember it is a great honor to fall in the service of justice!

Modus Operandi: Mercilesly targeting and pursuing all variations of campers with an intent to kill wherever they are encountered. Providing them with the Coup de Grace after the kill by disgracing their bodies to ensure the salvation of their souls.

Then you shall have your Anti-Camper Auxiliary Corps but we need a round table of the knights and those knights will be under the BadCo flag!

Finding campers are easy, they are always near bulding edges and any holes that will give them extra cover. Its pretty simple taking them out too, the problem lies in pushing them back into spawn and making sure they stay there because they have whole team with them. Since servers dont fit that many players the four man crew is the perfect way. 1 left, 1 right and 2 middle. With a core force of this setup a team of 12 could easily be taken out!

Let the crusade

anti camping scripts were available for pvp missions, mainly used in ctf type mission to protect spawn zones.

If you really really do want to play ctf then you are probably into camping anyway, goes with the terriitory

system i am thinking off

If the killer shot a player in the respawn/protected zone, then the "killed" player was instantly respawned on the spot, re-armed with the weaponry he had when killed(respawn delay of 0.01)

while the murderer was subjected to a 5 minute time out in a cutscene after being setpossed to some offshore island

normal respawn time was controlled by a cutscene

it stopped the little bleeders, my opinion stay away from bf2/quake/counterstrike type gameplay and you dont ever need to worry about it.

As far as camping an important location is concerned, totally realistic and i dont see it as a problem. If there's a flag camper about, search and destroy him, however if its a respawn camper, it absolutely destroys the fun element of the game

Terox that is acually a really good idea. Could come into very handy in league matches!

Terox that is acually a really good idea. Could come into very handy in league matches!

check out any ofp ecl mission using their templates for a "how to implement"

Cain. Are you the old -=SWEC=- Cain? If so, Hi biggrin_o.gif!

Yeah, but its Cain #DK# now smile_o.gif

Aha! Du minns mig SÄKERT inte. [TSP]Lundin hette jag, på gammla recistance. Minns Raptor och dom oxå, du bytte ju till MOM inte sant.

...this must be the stupidest thread I've read so far! biggrin_o.gif

What is camping and what is not?

If someone *is* camping (whatever that is...) guess you guys gotta use another tactic...the "camper" is just as little bulletproof as you...?

Anticamp scripts!? Saw that in Ofp and must say, what a pointless way of disturbing the gameplay in a nice designed game, maybe another faster game title would suit you guys better?

tounge2.gif

/Abbe

lol i think the thread is great!!!

but the funniest thing i've heard? was when i was sniping ppl and then get called a camper?? wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Aha! Du minns mig SÄKERT inte. [TSP]Lundin hette jag, på gammla recistance. Minns Raptor och dom oxå, du bytte ju till MOM inte sant.

Känner vagt igen Lundin dock med andra speltaggar. Japp lira i MOM tills TCZ stängde, varit i DK sen dess!

Quote[/b] ]

...this must be the stupidest thread I've read so far! biggrin_o.gif

What is camping and what is not?

If someone *is* camping (whatever that is...) guess you guys gotta use another tactic...the "camper" is just as little bulletproof as you...?

Anticamp scripts!? Saw that in Ofp and must say, what a pointless way of disturbing the gameplay in a nice designed game, maybe another faster game title would suit you guys better?

tounge2.gif

/Abbe

Thats why i explainded theres different types of camping. Someone sitting on a buildings edge leaning with a barbewire infront of him making it impossible to hit him will just ruin the game. Its lame and very unmature. Camping is a part of the game but exploiting it like some player does in ArmA is just wrong smile_o.gif

I don't like Terox' idea of spawn protection. 5 minutes for shooting someone behind a line? Get real, losing a soldier on the far side of the map is already a bit too harsh especially if the guy in spawn area wasn't quite innocent.

The ECL and TNT maps had a problem with people camping just inside their spawn line and "fishing" unsuspecting enemies to shoot them. The present system on most maps of using no entry areas and covering possible spawn raping positions with that area is far superior. Keep the spawn (place where people spawn and pick ammo) covered with terrain or buildings, it shouldn't be a big problem for a map maker.

I don't understand why people try to turn this game into BF2. The appeal of OFP and ArmA, at least for me, is that the maps are big. Ideally, I'd like to play some maps where the idea of "camping" in a place where soldiers "spawn" is obsolete. From what I've played of this game so far, most of the MP servers play either coops or small CTF's where every human player controls himself, with no one else in his squad, and just run off randomly. Then, once you die, you get pretty much instantly respawned back at the base to repeat the whole thing over. The whole thing about areas being off limits, "being shot for desertion" etc is just stupid. I'm also not very fond of scoreboards. This stuff takes away from the whole "war" feeling, and makes it feel more like a an arcade game or a paintball game. NO, you cant shoot me here, I'm in respawn safe zone!@!! Boring, gimme some large scale maps that require actual teamwork and strategy.

Yeah, we must run around in the open like headless chicken because if we use cover and tactics the game isnt fun icon_rolleyes.gif .

This is just one of those stupid things CTF players come up with...

Sorry but i honestly dont get it...

Maybe if you don`t know squat it aint proper for you to diss people you obviously know nothing about so you can feel all superior because you can run from a bush to bush.

Telling a DK about tactics lol.