Sign in to follow this  
kikinchaz

UK Release Version

So all the 1.02 servers are obsolete! I don’t care about the 1.05 patch but give us the 1.04 so the new players can play on our servers. What’s the point of a mainly online game if there are no servers to play on? We will have 100+ 1.02 servers waiting for players in the morning with no traffic. And a few people trying out the multiplayer missions with half the world trying to logon to there home PC. Do us all a favour and at least publish the 1.04 patch.

If the 16th is the official release date, you probably wont see a patch before tomorrow. xmas_o.gif

Amazon posted it today, it should be here Friday (fingers crossed) Look forward to playing this one online with you all wink_o.gif Damn grown men acting like kids we are LOL. Especially Sasy staking out his local Game shop smile_o.gif

i ordered mine through amazon because it was 3quid cheaper, now i'm regretting it, all you play.com people have yours mad_o.gif  can anyone who's used the anti material rifle tell us what it's like in the game, is it effective against bmp's? or even a helicopter thats dropping troops off?

nobody ever said we would be getting v1.04. they said they will release v1.05 about 2 weeks after the 505 release in order to get all versions of Arma in sync.

if you ask me, this is probably a marketing decision from 505... whistle.gif

Well I got my copy today in the post, but my graphics card didn't turn up! banghead.gif

I'm building a new machine for ArmA and I don't really want to try it until it's running. I'll have to wait until tomorrow icon_rolleyes.gif

BTW, i'm i the only one who wants to see some pictures of the new hardware in the game? wink_o.gifwhistle.gif especially the motorbikes...

Jackal326 can you do us all a favor and check the new armor system?

Where is the changelog? BIS really needs to learn how to communicate with the community.

Where is the changelog? BIS really needs to learn how to communicate with the community.

Hi xpz

Some people

Quote[/b] ]really needs to learn
to have a little patience.

Official release date is tomorow you will just have to wait.

Kind Regards Walker

Theres not many servers yet but then again its not even meant to be out yet.

I find the game is slightly blurry at distances in windowed mode =/

Performance wise the game really needs some patches as i wouldnt expect it to run like it does on my rig. I mean vegas runs sweet and the requirements for that are insane.

I have a 3.2ghz dual core pentium, 2 gigs of 533mhz ram, 256mb 7800GTX Nvidia - and it still runs abit shitty in places.

I find the game is slightly blurry at distances in windowed mode =/

It'll be the same in full-screen mode, its called depth-of-field and it is SUPPOSED to blur things at distance.

Haven't had chance to try out the updated armoured system, nor the new flight model. When I loaded up the flight-training mission the game crashed huh.gif After that I was so pissed off I played GRAW instead.

Got my copy today. Anyone else find the choppers nearly impossible to fly? Turning is ridiculously hard.

That's my biggest gripe so far. The game's great other than that.

Quote[/b] ]Got my copy today. Anyone else find the choppers nearly impossible to fly? Turning is ridiculously hard.

That's my biggest gripe so far. The game's great other than that.

Is that again a NEW flight model ? I have been playing with 1.02 and found the model alright... Note that the faster you go, the harder it is to turn around the rotor axis and the more you have to bank, but it seemed ok to me...

got money in wallet, shoes at door, yup in ready to go and get it tomorrow Woop! pistols.gif

Is that again a NEW flight model ?

It's the english release but I don't know if the filght model is supposed to be updated in this one. I hate how it banks when you're using the rudders even though you're practically still.

The old OFP model was much more maneuverable IMHO.

Since this is protected by securom i assume that you need the cd in the drive when you run the game?

Will there be a download version of the uk release?

Quote[/b] ]It's the english release but I don't know if the filght model is supposed to be updated in this one. I hate how it banks when you're using the rudders even though you're practically still

Be sure to check that turn left/right or bank left/right or pedal left/right are not assigned to the same controls... I had that once and it seemed pretty close to what you seem to be experiencing... Try fiddling with that... maybe that can help.

Be sure to check that turn left/right or bank left/right or pedal left/right are not assigned to the same controls... I had that once and it seemed pretty close to what you seem to be experiencing... Try fiddling with that... maybe that can help.

Checked it, it wasn't the problem unfortunately. Also, the Ah-1 seems to be the biggest victim of this effect.

Kikinchaz There are loads of f***ing servers ready and waiting for you to play on. The problem is that nobody has any idea when a patch will be available to upgrade them so that you can play. Two weeks is the nearest that I can get for a release date for the 1.05 patch. With any luck one will be released in the morning if not you are going to have to play with yourself for a week or two. BIS can release a 1.04 patch for the servers but nothing has been herd from them. So until a patch is forthcoming I’m sorry but you won’t have much of a choice of servers to play on!

i ordered mine through amazon because it was 3quid cheaper, now i'm regretting it, all you play.com people have yours mad_o.gif  

I ordered from play.com and it was posted yesterday. Heres hoping it arrives on friday or i'll be mighty pissed.

When i read Jackal326 post about his CTD it made me shudder. confused_o.gif

i was getting around 30fps with the german version but the uk version i am only getting 15-25 fps with the following system, fx-60, bfg 7950gx2, 2gb ocz gamer extreme 3200. How do i add the m107 to a unit?? any help would be appreciated.

Didn't you know that the Germans are renowned for better efficiency wink_o.gif

Thats what I can't understand with ArmA especially if you have not changed anything other than uninstall and reinstall a newer version, some people get better performance even though they have a lower spec computer than others, there just doesn't seem to be any consistency with how well ArmA runs.

gameplay here... only ordered it on monday and came at 8am this morning... installing my new pc as we seapk so i can play the damn thing

Just to update my initial impression of the helicopter control when I just had the mouse. When I sat down and played with Track IR and my x45 HOTAS it instantly became much more playable. Ok, that might seem obvious, but I mean it went from unplayable to playable. I do still think the rudder is pretty bad though. The planes are pretty good; though they feel a tad too heavy sometimes. I also think the Track IR movement is a bit sluggish compared to other games like LOMAC and IL2. It's definitely usable though.

So, unlike OFP, using a mouse for flying isn't an option that works for me.