Sign in to follow this  
beukem

8007000e Error in Vista

I´m not sure if anyone here knows that Nvidia actually started a public bug report survey for Vista a few weeks ago, but let me share the link to it anyway:

https://surveys.nvidia.com/index.j....b4a437a

Please report your game bugs with Vista there. The better the description, the better/faster the bugfixes might come.

Unfortuntely I haven´t found or heard of a similar bug report survey for Windows XP. sad_o.gif

It seemed that the parameter -maxmem=512 have fixed the problem for me as well.

Same problem here, ATI X1950 w/ Catalyst 7.2.

Not just an Nvidia problem.

---------------------------

ArmA

Cannot create system memory surface: 8007000e

OK

Pretty common occurrence (at least once in 25 minutes). ArmA 1.05, Vista x64, 2GB RAM, TrackIR.

Detail at High, mostly.

It seemed that the parameter -maxmem=512 have fixed the problem for me as well.

Yeah this helped alot for me to smile_o.gif now I can at least play the game. 1 down 2 to go (still got LOD issues and white fog). Thx for the fix!

I get this error on 1.02, 1.04 and 1.05 and I'm running XP with 1.5GB RAM and 7800GS with 768MB VRAM and -maxmem=1024.

Where do we report these bugs? I know it's already been reported but it seems to me that BIS needs more data to crush this bug.

I noticed the last time that one enemy was inside a wall and when I killed him, went out of scope, his body was gone and 2 secs later it crashed with the errormessage. However this was the first time this happened. Usually I'm merrily flying my chopper around when I get it (and I fly alot).

Just before I crashed I noticed that my pagefile was 1.3GB (with little physical mem avail) and it's now 163MB so there might be a memleak here. I had been 14 hours in a MP mission (went to bed and came back), so I put my money on a memleak...

The -maxmem=512 has stopped the game from crashing for me, although the LOD tends to get very low after playing the game for a few minutes. Increasing the virtual memory from 2gb to 3gb also seems to prevent the game from crashing but the LOD still seems to suffer.

Hoping for a new patch relatively soon!

Hoping for a new patch relatively soon!

Yeah, me too!

Forcing the Game to use 512MB of Ram, even if i have 4GB, totally sucks!

And the textures not loading and wrong LOD switching bug is extremely annoying!

Hope to see a Hotfix for these issues within 2 weeks!

This happened to me today for first time. Never happend in any other patch. I also have 8800gtx. I havent tried the maxmem 512 yet but i will. I did notice lod's do load slower now. also textures. I can look away from a building zoomed in and look back at it and the texture takes a second to load. This has to be something in 105 cause this never happend before.

This totally sucks and is a bug that should have no 1 priority.

I agree, but since it just got patched i think we have to wait a long time. (Praying im wrong on that)  notworthy.gif

Adding that command line did help, i actually got to play some hours last night. crazy_o.gif  But in the end, the game froze totaly when a game server changed map.  banghead.gif

Reducing the mem size has worked for me also.. I can play a few rounds now be4 something happens... altho i have noticed that when I hit 'esc' a few times during the game to go to the options screen.. eventually it will cause my player to freeze i.e. the game is still running but i cant move and it just constantly says 'receiving' at the bottom left of the screen... oh well.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Think I have spoke too soon... ive just had this error about 6-7 times 2nite and in the same server.... strange cos yesterday adding the memsize command line helped a lot and 2nite i cant stay in a server to save myself... sad_o.gif

The performance hit for inserting the -maxmem command line is very bad. We need a hotfix for this now BI.

AMD Athlon X2 4800+

ATI RADEON X1900XTX

Windows Vista Home Premium 64Bit

Think I have spoke too soon... ive just had this error about 6-7 times 2nite and in the same server.... strange cos yesterday adding the memsize command line helped a lot and 2nite i cant stay in a server to save myself...  sad_o.gif

Yes, I've experienced that as well in single player. The -maxmem=512 command actually made the game 100% playable for one campaign level. In the following level ("Kill the enemy officer"), the performace really dropped along with the grapichs quality. Still, the graphics is better than if I don't use the maxmem command, but very far from satisfying...

I am not sure anyone has mentioned this already but......

I have the same problem since 1.05. However, it seems to me I can just normally play this game as long as I do NOT use a chopper.

I have done some testing last night with the editor. Used a script to spawn lots of units and had some fun of my own. I could just keep on playing without any problem.

Until

I added a chopper to my test, got in ti, and flew around shooting the enemy.

After a few minutes my game would stop reacting for a few seconds and than continue. It would do this only a few times and than I get a CTD to desktop with this error you are all talking about.

So to me it seems chopper related, not sure if anyone of you has noticed this as well.

specs:

P5N32-E SLI

TWIN2X2048-6400C4PRO 2048 MB, PC6400

Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 1066 MHz

GeForce EN8800GTX

X-Fi Fatal1ty

All running at defaults. nothing overclocked

Same problem here.

ArmA 8007000e error

WinXP

MSI GF7950GT 512MB HD-PCI-e

Intel Dual Core E6600 2.40GHz

2048MB (2x1GB Kingston 800MHz)

Abit AB9 Intel 965 LGA775

LG GSA H12LB DVDRW

ArmA 1.05 1280x1048x32 very high settings

I got this bug on the briefing last night. Seems to happen more frequently on DS than hosted servers, but then again I play much more on DS than a hosted one so who knows.

Maxmem=512 good, have played two (possibly more) campaign missions in a row without issue.

I just tried 1024, but it crashed in a new and different way (an actual unhandled-type crash, not just a messagebox). I'll just go back to 512... seems fine like that anyway.

Thats why i yelled HOTFIX :O

I want 1.51. Now.

Doesn't seem ur english is that bad, at least yelling etc you know smile_o.gif

All I can say is: nener.gif

"I want 1.51. Now." EVEN, yes EVEN if on the box would've been written: Compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista which it simply does NOT, EVEN then your request would be rediculous.

Anyway... in short:

- ArmA is not supported on Vista

- I hope BIS will give at least some kind of priority to the Vista users at some point, but remember this.... there are maybe 1 out of 60 people, AT THIS TIME, that are running Vista, I think it's more important to satisfy the other 59, instead of the 1 guy, that is running an OS that officially aint even supported...

I think disabling the data execution program (Windows Vista) in your computer's properties fixes the problem.

All I can say is:  nener.gif

"I want 1.51. Now." EVEN, yes EVEN if on the box would've been written: Compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista which it simply does NOT, EVEN then your request would be rediculous.

Why is that request so ridiculous? You have yourself stated, that this particular "8007000e error" is also occurring under XP too, and "XP compatible" IS indeed written on the box: nener.gif

I think the problem is related to the Videocard (Drivers)..

I have 8800GTX too and got same problem as you have.... But not or less when I turn the shading and texture details lower.

I have not heard other Vista users about the error before, but did hear the error to come up under certain conditions on XP too. Bis? smile_o.gif

So I think that the request for a "1.51 hotfix" is very relevant, EVEN for XP and Vista!

"Windows Vista includes an array of "features" that you don't want. These features will make your computer less reliable and less secure. They'll make your computer less stable and run slower. They will cause technical support problems. They may even require you to upgrade some of your peripheral hardware and existing software. And these features won't do anything useful. In fact, they're working against you. They're digital rights management (DRM) features built into Vista at the behest of the entertainment industry - And you don't get to refuse them."

(Way to go quoting the Inquirer there, liberty, but imnsho they're far from a reliable technical source when frothing at the mouth about some sort of alleged drm thingo. I'm using vista x64 just fine, thanks for asking. If you don't want it, use something else. Have you tried it at all yet?)

Back to the topic at hand, I just scored an error even with maxmem=512, just after the "clear out the village" mission (which was bloody difficult I might add), so it's not a fix, just seems to reduce the chance of it happening ?significantly?

I tried maxmem=512 on my system and I have to say things seem to work much better. I had to have the automatic Gfx setting to Vey High (which when you check the Advanced Options appears to be a combination of Normal and High??) and the draw distance to 1200 and things seem to work fine so far...

It can be a little laggy drawing details and applying textures at first is prefectly playable. Larger draw distances make game chug a bit when the action heats up a bit.

I have 1.05 and the 100.64 Nvidia drivers...

Vista Ultimate

GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 MB

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM

BFG 8800GTX

Western Digital Caviar 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HD