Sign in to follow this  
beukem

8007000e Error in Vista

After 5 - 15 min of playing I get a CTD with "cannot create system memory surface: 8007000e" error.

This only happens with Armed Assault. I tested my memory with memtest86 v 1.70 and my memory is OK

I use the latest patch of Arma.

My specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium

Core2 Extreme x6800 @ 2.93

I use 8800GTX in SLI with 100.64 drivers

Corsair Dominator 8500 2x 1GB

EVGA 680i board

Silverstone 850W PSU

I think the problem is related to the Videocard (Drivers)..

I have 8800GTX too and got same problem as you have.... But not or less when I turn the shading and texture details lower.

I have not heard other Vista users about the error before, but did hear the error to come up under certain conditions on XP too. Bis? smile_o.gif

I get this from time to time with my new rig with 8800GTX and Vista. Never happened on my old PC.

I think the problem is related to the Videocard (Drivers)..

I have 8800GTX too and got same problem as you have.... But not or less when I turn the shading and texture details lower.

I have not heard other Vista users about the error before, but did hear the error to come up under certain conditions on XP too. Bis? smile_o.gif

Well I hope the upcoming patch Arma will correct this issue.

How are your experiences with Arma in Vista?

Arma runs a lot faster under Vista then under XP.

Well I hope the upcoming patch Arma will correct this issue.

How are your experiences with Arma in Vista?

Arma runs a lot faster under Vista then under XP.

I get the mentioned error now and then and have sometimes quite a heavy crash after a lot of alt-tabbing and loading missions over and over to test scripts etc.

I heard more of these issues about the nvidia drivers for Vista atm, so im unsure at this time if ArmA patch will fix it or upcoming Nvidia Drivers biggrin_o.gif

My performance in Vista at this time is about ~ 20% less as with XP..

Quote[/b] ]

I get the mentioned error now and then and have sometimes quite a heavy crash after a lot of alt-tabbing and loading missions over and over to test scripts etc.

Run in windowed mode and these problems might disappear.

Windowed mode is so much easier and you can also keep an eye on your messenger smile_o.gif

Planck

Check your virtual memory!

I set it for testing to "No paging file" when i played ArmA then the same message appeared after 5-10min. playing.

Now i set it to 3067mb and the message is gone.

greets

Nice tips, but Page file is at maximum setting and I'm running windowed mode wink_o.gif And I still receive the error messages now and then, but at least a lot less than in full-screen mode.

I have a similar issue with my card... Virtual memory would overload if i had texture detail High or V High.

I thought MAYBE my ram wouldnt be up to it (1GB RAM + 512mb VRAM on my gfx card) but seeing as you guys have a similar issue with 2GB ram + 768mb on your GFX card (or whatever the 8800 has lol) then its gotta be an ArmA fault...

Its strange...

The problem is reduced if i increase the page file (currently at 4GB :| ) but it still occurs as it seems the background services fail and windows reboots.

I have no 8007000e errors in XP.

My suspicion is that Windows Vista handels internal memory totally different than Windows XP. Maybe the developers of Arma didn't reckon with this.

I tryto run Arma in Vista in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode, maybe this helps.

well i get this error with 1.02 from time to time on XPs too (512MB VRAM, 2GB RAM, 2GB swap)

usually after longer time of gameplay

This problem is alredy has been added to the BugList in Wiki. Noticed on 1.02 and on NVIDIA and ATI/AMD cards.

With the latest patch, this is still occurring. Appears to be more frequent with the latest patch.

Again, my rig has an 8800 also.

Deez

Vista 101.41 drivers are out

32-bit

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows....ish.exe

64-bit

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows....ish.exe

Release Highlights:

* Beta driver that adds support for NVIDIA SLIâ„¢ support on GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs

* Improved OpenGL performance

* Improved NVIDIA SLI performance at high resolutions

* General application compatibility fixes

* This driver supports the following features:

o Single GPU support

+ DirectX 9 support for GeForce 6/7/8 series GPUs

+ DirectX 10 support for GeForce 8800 GPUs

+ OpenGL support for GeForce 6/7/8 series GPUs

o NVIDIA SLI support

+ DirectX 9 support for GeForce 6/7/8 series GPUs

+ OpenGL support for GeForce 6/7/8 series GPUs

o NVIDIA PureVideoâ„¢ HD technology

* DirectX 10 NVIDIA SLI support for GeForce 8800 GPUs will be available in a future driver

* If you would like to be notified of upcoming drivers for Windows Vista, please subscribe to the newsletter

* Please read the release notes for more information on product support, feature limitations, and known compatibility issues

--------------

General feedback is positive but I´m not sure if they improve anything regarding ArmA and Vista.

I get these with XP pro and a 7900GS.

They are happening more often since 1.05.

ALT-tabbing and programs running in background seem to make it happen more often.

* DirectX 10 NVIDIA SLI support for GeForce 8800 GPUs will be available in a future driver

Nice find Karl. I just checked Nvidia's site last night and now, and still didn't see the link for these.

Unfortunately, SLI is broken in these for DX10 still.

Knocking down my AA in-game settings seems to help with the textures somewhat.

Very very nice find! notworthy.gif Anyone any results yet?

Error 8007000e is still there on my 8800 GTS with 101.41 driver and ArmA 1.05

Additionally until ArmA crashed to the desktop some LODs were loaded extremely slow (was standing in front of an Offroad car looking at its hexagonal tires for a minute)

Also joining the 8007000e Error party... usually can't play game for 10-20 minutes before I get a ctd. Sometimes it just crashes without any error shown. This appears to be alot more frequent with the 1.05 patch installed. It also seems to be more likely to crash in MP although this might be due to more complex maps.

My rig:

E6600 @ 3.6ghz (stable)

2gb ddr2-800 ram (stable)

8800gtx not oc'ed (driver : 100.65)

X-Fi Xtreme Music soundcard

Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit

I used to play on XP SP2 as well before upgrade to vista, and game hardly crashed at all on it (didnt get any 8007000e errors, just random ctd's).

Joinin in in the error message aswell..

Have too a 8800 gtx, tried playing on both Vista and XP..

Same error. Can play a little longer in XP tho, but result is the same.  crazy_o.gif

Is this problem beeing looked at, or do we have to wait for Nvidia or the game producer to look into it.

Im afraid a loong wait, since the 1.05 patch just came out, and the Nvidia beta driver isnt either working..

Fearing the worst.. Some info would be appriciated,  notworthy.gif

Asus P5B Wifi

XFX 570 8800 GTX (64bits 100.65 driver in Vista) (32bits 97.92 driver when using XP)

Onboard Soundmax 5.10

Vista Ultimate and XP Home SP2(same problem on both)

4 gig Corsair DDR2 XMS2 ram installed

Sata 2 500gig Hardisk

Yep me too... at least I was able to get a few games in 1.04 before the ctd would happen... now it happens all the time..

and should i ever make it into the game then the gfx go into commodore 64 mode...

makes you wonder how the game can go from working reasonably well in 1.04 (with the odd ctd memory surface bug) to not working at all... tbh im thinking it will never be fixed... or we will at least have to wait a month for a new patch... if we r lucky.. confused_o.gif

Spec:

Asus P5N32-E 680i Mobo

Core2Duo E6700

Nvidia 8800GTX 768mb 101.41 beta drivers

2gb Corsair Dominator 8500

Creative X-Fi FPS Sound card

Windows Vista Premuim 32-bit

2hdd 150+160 Gb

Same issue!

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=58959

I also own a 8800GTX, but i dont think the nvidia beta drivers are the reason for this problem.

I tried to add the startupparameter -maxmem=512 in the arma shortcut and the game didnt crash for 4 hours.

I think arma has some major problems with memory management. I'm not happy with the decision to reduce the mem. size for arma to 512MB even if i have 4GB Ram to be able to play the game, but it works in my case.

Btw i never had this problem before v1.05 and i think this change could be the reason for the problem:

"5123 - Improved: Increased internal cache size for computers with more than 512 MB of RAM."

My System:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

ASUS P5B Deluxe (Intel P965 Chipset)

Point of View GeForce 8800GTX 768MB DDR3-RAM

4x Corsair 1024MB XMS2 800MHz Dual-Channel DDR2-RAM (4096 MB)

Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Music

Plextor DVD-Burner PX-716AL

Western Digital 320GB SATA2.0 HDD 7200RPM (16MB Cache)

Western Digital 200GB SATA2.0 HDD 7200RPM ( 8MB Cache)

Windows Vista x64 Home Premium, DirectX 10