Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Hardware and settings for ArmA

Hi all! I'm thinking about getting a new pc for Arma, but I've been out of the market for a while and I have no idea what's hot/what's not. Would a Core 2 Duo E6600 with 2GB RAM and a Geforce 8600 be able to run the game?

Hi all! I'm thinking about getting a new pc for Arma, but I've been out of the market for a while and I have no idea what's hot/what's not. Would a Core 2 Duo E6600 with 2GB RAM and a Geforce 8600 be able to run the game?

Yes it will, but a Geforce 8800GTS will run it even better if you can afford it..

Thanks for the quick reply! The 8800 is a little out of my price range, so I'd like to stay with the 8600 if possible. On the other hand, would it make sense to swap the 8600 for an 8800 and buy a slower cpu? I heard Arma is fairly cpu intensive, so this might not be the best idea

Thanks for the quick reply! The 8800 is a little out of my price range, so I'd like to stay with the 8600 if possible. On the other hand, would it make sense to swap the 8600 for an 8800 and buy a slower cpu? I heard Arma is fairly cpu intensive, so this might not be the best idea

Possibly, if you want to play at a very high resolution that might be a good idea. Would be better to get an answer from someone who has an 8800 or 8600 though.

Anyone tried running Arma with 8GB memory ?

After 1 minute the game crashes and reboots my whole PC.

Can you perhaps lend me 2GB? tounge2.gif

Also, I'm running on

Case - Antec Nine Hundred

PSU - 500W Silverstone SLi Dual +12V

Mobo: Gigabyte GA K8N51GMF-RH NF410 - S754

Processor: AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 Processor 3400+ Newcastle S754 2.5Ghz

RAM: x 2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM

Hard Drive: 335GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900GS 256MB - Overclocked

Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Music

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2

And I can run everything on Very high with a resolution of 1024x768 and have a rock steady FPS of 30? I really don't get how people with Specs way better than mine have problems? crazy_o.gif

I don't know either, why don't you take a screen shot and show us.

Is that 30 fps in open areas?

What you need to do is go to a mid-sized city and go to one corner of it and look towards it. This should give you much lower FPS because I don't agree with your settings at all.

I'm running

e6600 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo

GeForce 8800GTS 640MB (OC'ed 600/900)

2GB of pc6400 (DDR2 800) RAM

and even with those specs, I need to to turn everything on low to get an average FPS of around 45-50 (meaning my fps ranges from 30 and 70)

So I don't know what program you are using to get your FPS, but please tell me, because I should be getting 60fps constant according to what you have.

All details are on Very High, bar terrain which is on high ...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums....-25.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums....-70.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums....-10.jpg

You are using a greater resolution... Could affect it.

How would the Inno3D I-Chill GeForce 7600GT handle ArmA?

Inno3D I-Chill GeForce 7600GT

Indeed, since 1.08 I can run it much better and consequently boosted my Res. smile_o.gif

Right now I'm using an Athlon64 3000+, 1 gig of RAM, and a 6600GT. If I upgraded to a 8800GTS 640mb, then how much of an increase should I get? I know it will be bottlenecked and I'll upgrade my processor and RAM eventually.

All well, to late. The deal is ending today so I went ahead and bought it for $316 not including tax and shipping, (shipping was free, but I paid extra for one day).

If anyone is interested, BestBuy has it for $94 off. Hurry though, the deal supposably ends after the 18th.

I'm currently using an Amd X2@4800, 2 Gig Ram@400, Asus 8800GTX, Asus A8N32SLI Deluxe Motherboard.

When standing in the editor in Corazol in the orange road smack bang south of the church, my framerates are:

When facing north 43fps

When facing east 46fps

When facing south 46fps

When facing west 43fps

Then when i stand on the hill named monte presto i get 60fps.

My setting are all on very high and my screen res' is 1680*1050, anti aliasing is on normal.

I have a Core 2 6600Quad and 4 Gig of Ram@1066 and an Asus P5K Deluxe motherboard. I haven't built it yet as it just arrived and i gotta work the next couple of nights, so hopefully by the weekend i can benchmark the same location and see the difference.

I feel smug! biggrin_o.gif

Hello ! smile_o.gif

I want to know if I can run ArmA with all medium and more that 40 FPS ? What I can hope with it ?

Asus G1S :

- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2,2 GHz

- 2048 Mo DDR2

- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256 Mo

- 160 Go / 2.5" SATA ( 5400T/M)

Thanks. smile_o.gif

Chances are good. Some scenes may render less than 40 fps. My rig is comparable to yours in a number of ways but the graphics card. I should let someone else with an 8600 provide more information.

Thanks, so I can play with more 40 FPS all medium. smile_o.gif

I am playing everything set High and my specs are as follows

Windows XP MCE

Intel core2 duo 2.4

X1950XT 512mb pci-e 16

1 GB 677 MHZ DDR2

250 SATA hard drive

the only time I get fps low is when I turn the texture HIGHEST

but what I wanted to say is, many players speak of How patch 1.08 boosted performance. I didnt really notice any performance. I've got the Atari DVD  one. I wanted to get CrossFire system but I dont think it makes any difference in ArmA

After hearing so much about how Arma reads direct off the HD I went to the trouble of giving it its own partition, defragged it and got an extra 5-20 frames out of it. So I'm now looking for new ways that I can 'optimise' my PC. Or more to the piont the PC that I'm in process of building

I currently have a

Dell 8400, 3Ghz (getting a bit dated)

1 GB RAM @533

80GB HD SATAI which holds XP pro

250GB HD SATAII which holds Arma

7950 GT 512MB

Wich provides reasonably playable framrates with everything set to low ,res 1200x960

I'm putting together (as parts arrive)

E6700 Core2 DUO

Gigabyte N680sli-DQ6

2 GD RAM @667

320 GB SATA II which holds XP pro

250GB HD SATAII which holds Arma

7950 GT 512MB

I also thought Law-Giver's little test would be interesting to compare to. Though I set my view distance to 1200, as he didn't specify.

When standing in the editor in Corazol in the orange road smack bang south of the church,setting everything on high with screen res 1680*1050, anti aliasing is on normal.

my framerates are:

When facing north 20fps

When facing east 20fps

When facing south 20fps

When facing west 20fps

Then when i stand on the hill named monte presto i get 30fps.

And I noticed that switching AA even to Very High made no difference to performance??

By switching Post Prosses only, to low

I get

When facing north 30fps

When facing east 28fps

When facing south 30fps

When facing west 20fps

Then when i stand on the hill named monte presto i get 60fps.

Be interesting to see what my new machine will do.

@Pathetic_Berserker

Sorry mate, yes i had view distance at the default 1200.

Just built my new quad core system so will post my new benchmark when I've finished installing my drivers etc. Be interesting to see if it makes a difference. Updated my system ready for Crysis.

Just tried it with my quad core @6600 and no difference. I hope they optimize the game to utilize quad core's. What a waste! sad_o.gif

Still crysis is looming ever closer, and thats optimized to use dual and quad cores. Can't wait. biggrin_o.gif

is there a way to turn off post processing. i have horrible performance with lowest settings and patch 1.08. my comp is old but i believe if i can turn off not just set to low the post processing or hdr effects i can increase my performance. i have

amd athlon xp 3200+ 2.2ghz

1gb corsair xmx ram

nvidia BFG 6800 gt factory overclocked (if that really matters)

22' widescreen i like to play with 1650x1050

help thx

specs:

P4 2.8A GHz Prescott core

2 gigs DDR2 @ 533

6800XT OC'd a bit (runs great even un oc'd)

250 gig ATA133 Maxtor

settings:

low except AF is maxed and blood is high @ 1024x768

never drops below 20 except when I have tons of other stuff open that's actively using the hard drive. it never even stutters. I came from slower stuff, it was only ok before, now it's terrific.

hey, don't know if you guys know about this. Yesterday I was playing around with fraps and I noticed I actually get a better frame rate with shadows on High rather than Low or Normal. The difference between Normal and High is a surprising 7-10 fps for me.

I'm using 7800gs 256mb, 3500+, 2gb ram

I'd like to know how my game would run with my system.

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Kentsfield 2.66GHz

EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i

EVGA 768-P2-N837-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16

2GB of Geil DDR2 800 ram ( upgrading to 8GB soon )

I also have windows vista 64 as my OS I know the game isn't made for vista yet and there hasn't been a patch yet i was just wondering if you could give me some feedback.

Proc : Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.40GHz

MB : EVGA NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI @ 1066.7 MHz

RAM : 4gigs @ 400.0 MHz (2:3)

GPU : Nvidia 8800 GTS

With everything set to normal I can crank the view distance out to 5000 and everything runs fine (Fine being 30-50 FPS)

When I hit the 6000+ I get a little hit in FPS. Just enough to play at 4000-5000.

Okay, I'm running Arma with:

Win XP

X86 Family 15 Model 4 stepping 7 GenuineIntel 2799 Mhz

1 GB ram

Nvidia GeForce 7500 LE w/ 512MB

On pretty much all low/very low settings and 1500m view @ 1024x768. Performance is pretty mediocre, and it really doesn't look that great since my flatscreen should be running it at 1280x1024 and with shading set to very low the trees and foliage look awful (I went back and checked out Farcry just to compare them, and although the Farcry foliage is obviously technologically inferior, it looks a lot better than ArmA's does on low settings).

I'm not sure exactly what sort of speed my ram is or the model of the motherboard as I bought the comp as a prebuilt HP very recently (set me back a good 550 squid too). If anyone knows how to get more specific info about my hardware I'm all ears. smile_o.gif (preferably without opening the thing up)

What I want to know is what exactly would boost my performance the most? I'm not sure its even possible to upgrade a prebuilt computer, I've seen some with the PCI/AGP slots physically closed to stop extra stuff being added. My comp only has 2 slots for RAM (both of which are being used by default ) so upgrading RAM would be expensive, and the graphics card upon research has turned out to be a budget card specifically designed for prebuilt comps.

I don't think I can even use the latest Nvidia drivers on it, since apparently all driver updates on a HP prebuilt comp have to come from HP and I've never seen it find ONE SINGLE update when it searches.

Just tried it with my quad core @6600 and no difference. I hope they optimize the game to utilize quad core's. What a waste! sad_o.gif

Well atleast it should do everything else faster. tounge2.gif

My new machine benched the same result as well. But the framerate is much more stable when running about, so the playing is very much improved.  smile_o.gif

Now have vew distance set to 2900, object and terrain detail set High, postprocces set Low and everthing else on Normal.

It occasionaly drops below 30fps ie flying NOE over a city but never less than 25fps, so I consider this a fairly big gain over having everything set low with a view of 1200.

Hey guys, I am new to the community.

I was wondering if I could get some help buying a decent computer to play Armed Assault that is possable to upgrade (for the future) for around the 500 pound bracket?

I understand a 500 pound computer is not very much by todays standards but I would prefer to spend my money on other things.

Thanks.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hey guys, I am new to the community.

I was wondering if I could get some help buying a decent computer to play Armed Assault that is possable to upgrade (for the future) for around the 500 pound bracket?

I understand a 500 pound computer is not very much by todays standards but I would prefer to spend my money on other things.

Thanks.

pc1.jpg

Try that.  You'll need a case and a copy of windows but that should give you a very good PC to play on.  You can shave some more money off the system by choosing a E6400 processor and cheaper RAM etc but you would be sacrificing some performance and "future proofing".

I have something very similar and get some pretty good frame rates etc when playing online and SP.

Hey, how good would this machine run ArmA?

P4 3ghz with HT

1024gb of ram

and a radeon X600? Thanks smile_o.gif