Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

Informations about the incoming release:

- The upcoming pack is envisaged to be our last release for Operation Flashpoint, and we are currently exerting huge efforts in order to make sure we will reach our objectives by taking out all of the bugs that our Beta-Testers are finding.

Since, the incoming pack will be using all of SLX features, some 'Old systems' will not be able to run it flawlessly because of the amount of scripts and high quality models, but I will include a 'special light config' intended for this purpose.

The AI will be dynamic, which means that some missions would not be similar to what you have seen thus far with OFP vanilla, but don't worry, if you see enemy troops retreating, then simply hunt them and take them out.

In some situations, enemy troops will take decisions to attack your base and if they have 'available communication systems' [sINCGARS or R109] radios, they will regroup and reinforce to hit you hard.

Combat will last longer, the enemy will use tactical heavy suppressive fire on your position to force you to get your heads down, all efforts we involved during the last 2 years in terms of, realism [ballistics, Gear, Loadouts, Camouflage, Model Replacements...], Gameplay [sounds, Effects, Music, GUI...] alongside SLX features will increase the immersion feeling and the atmosphere.

Excluding the previous informations about the incoming FFSX 2007 version which have been lastly posted, here is the rest of key bug fixes and little enhancements:

_new: Material values enhanced in a realistic and better looking way.

_new: Sounds updated and improved once again.

_fixed: M113 Engine Sound Is A Little Strange.

_fixed: No FFUR Effects On M6 Linebacker Missiles.

_fixed: No Tracers On The Vulcan Cannon.

_fixed: US Sniper white Lods.

_fixed: US Mortar Soldier Armed With M4, Reloads Mortar weapon switches to M16A4 Aimpoint And Weapon Is Placed About 1 Foot Behind The Hands.

_fixed: M16A4 Has Incorrect Mode Name - M4, Also Mag Name Is Wrong. FIX: Use Double Name Like M16/M4 Mag or 5.56 M4/M16 mag.

_fixed: M4A1 Acog Is M16A4 Acog Model, With M4A1 Marksman Picture And Is Named M4 Acog.

_fixed: SR-25 Is Named M24, Uses M24 Pictures Also.

_fixed: Stinger ManPad Has No Optics.

_fixed: A-10 GBU Name Doesn't Fit, Mavericks Have No SLX Effects. FIX: A-10 (GBU-12).

_fixed: No SLX Effects On F15-C Missiles, Cannon Has No Tracers, F-15 Fired Amraam Missile Has No Textures.

_fixed: No SLX Effects On F-16 Missiles, No Cannon Tracers.

_fixed: AH-64 Cannon Sounds Is Not Long Enough, 4 Sound Burst For 10 Round Burst. No SLX Effects On AH-64 Missiles.

4: No SLX Effects On Kiowa Warrior Missiles.

*RU Side

_fixed: RU Crews And Pilots Have No NVG Proxy.

_fixed: No FFUR Effects On BMP-3, BMP-2 And Res BMP-1 Missiles.

*Res Side

_fixed: Res S-1203 Has No Texture On The Ammo Box In The Rear.

_fixed: Res T-80 And Ru T-80 Are Different Models, Don't Fit In Resistance Campaign.

*Misc

_fixed: Bullets Drop In Front Of Some Vehicle Optics.

_fixed: Ammo Trucks Spawn 4 Crewman - Uknown Purpose.

_fixed: Reloading Or Changing Weapon In Water Locks Player In Position.

_fixed: Strange 1-second Freeze At Beginning Of Mission.

*UI

_fixed: Redminton Picture Is Not Transparent.

_fixed: Some Un-needed Objects Still In Editor, BDKS-Ammo And SLX_Objects.

_fixed: HYK Updated Faces Are Still In The Face Selection Area.

_fixed: No Cursors On Some Machine Guns And Main Tank Guns.

_fixed: US Artillery Has Radio Messages, Ru Artillery Doesn't Have It.

*Sounds

_fixed: AH-64 Cannon Sound Error. Not Long Enough.

*Scripts

_fixed: Mount Acog Script Replaces M4 With M16A4 Acog, Wrong Weapon Or Model Used.

_fixed: Artillery Arrives Too Fast, Arrives 1-sec after cannon sounds played. No Flight Time.

Materials

05-1.jpg

04-1.jpg

06-1.jpg

01.jpg

Hyakushi ACU High quality models with standard heads

03.jpg

02.jpg

Huge thanks to all of our Beta-Testers because they are spending their free time finding a ton of issues that have since been resolved.

Stay tuned.

Regards,

TB

Wow... still waiting for final release of this great FFUR 2000 SLX v2.0 (or FFSX 2007 v2.0) !! Thank you and all beta-tester and hoping that "final-tester" won't find bugs, script errors... but will have more challenging combat fights. smile_o.gif

Thunderbird are you interested in implenting some female faces/ (using a female head model) and some female radio voices?

I have all the necessary stuff (faces and voices all done up prerecorded and waiting to go). I've just never implemented it into any real mod before, just messed around with my own OFP settings.

Let me know if you're interested because I'm quite happy to donate the raw materials to the last great mod of OFP.

Great stuff, I was wondering though if it is possible to give the Russians a grenadier with an optical sight. Say for Spetsnaz.

Quote[/b] ]Thunderbird are you interested in implenting some female faces/ (using a female head model) and some female radio voices?

Thanks, any kind of support intended to improve the mod would be greatly appreciated.

Quote[/b] ]Great stuff, I was wondering though if it is possible to give the Russians a grenadier with an optical sight. Say for Spetsnaz.

It depends on time.

Quote[/b] ]I believe the Llama head models would be better.

Llauma faces and heads aren't good to be used with 'total conversion mods' due to the following reasons (According to our beta testers):

- Llauma Facial Head Script Cause Serious Lag In-Game.

- Faces Change During Gameplay, Causing More Lag.

- Breaks BIS Missions, Character Faces Do Not Appear.

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions but please keep in mind that 'suggestions' require time, research, deep work, tests and retests to make sure everything properly work, so it might seriously delay the release.

regards,

TB

oh, oh. One other things. Some Russian modesl have BIS faces on the wrong way round. I hope the US inf doesnt now, also.

I have text on my face and when playng as RU pilot its backwards and goes white at under 100 meters. Small error, nothing big.

Also the flares on aircraft cause MASSIVE lag and make air dogfights unplayable. For me at least. Maybe an option to switch it off?

Quote[/b] ]I believe the Llama head models would be better.

Llauma faces and heads aren't good to be used with 'total conversion mods' due to the following reasons (According to our beta testers):

- Llauma Facial Head Script Cause Serious Lag In-Game.

- Faces Change During Gameplay, Causing More Lag.

- Breaks BIS Missions, Character Faces Do Not Appear.

If you are interested in the Llauma head model, you can give a look into how it is implemented in the GRAA modpacks, you can have then have the Llauma heads models on your models, along "Llauma-ifed" BIS faces textures from Hyakushiki and :

-without any script or eventhandler running and so no extra lag.

-without any face change during gameplay.

-without any face missing to breaking mission.

only problem is to find the time to implement the new head on the soldier p3d, other than that if the system from GRAA is used there is absolutely no problem or lag.

But then you get mutant-faced extra addon units smile_o.gif

I'd rather the mod use BIS faces, and I can choose that addons I use. Thats why I no longer use the GRAA mod. Purely that reason.

That's only a matter of tastes, I prefer the new head models with the new textures over the old deformed heads, also...those old glasses...not pretty

Plus, Samot, if you want to use Llauma head addons, thats your choice. But if FFSX had Llauma heads, we wouldn't have a choice. We'd have deformed mutants on all units using BIS head.

The glasses have been replaced, havent they? huh.gif

The shades and glasses were replaced since old FFUR.

Thunderbird, I noticed something new:

The 1965 Pickup (I cannot remember what civilian vehical it replaces) has been altered since FFSX1.05. It goes REALLY slow (Ala slow tank, especialy up hill, slow for a truck, on level road, and faster downhill) and has green headlights!

I havent tested all the civilian vehicals.

ok all i need some help here. i keep getting a ffur_six_settings.SQFfile is missing when i start the game. Anyone know what that is by chance?

Hi there!

Did I missed something already managed or am I the only one who has ecountered the changing-faces plus changing face-colour bug?

(Couldn't find any msg. with it).

Following pics showing always the same soldier (Armstrong), while playing cwc-campaign in the first missions.

img186....th.jpg

img186....th.jpg

changingfaces2uf4.th.jpg

changingfaces1al8.th.jpg

Positive impression of gameplay: Seems to run smoother (fps) than the pre-versions, but with the same ammount (or more) scripts ?!

rgds

I'm glad, that I'm not the onliest with the switching-face problem smile_o.gif

Nice Tbird

Hope It Doesn't take to long to implement all the new stuff, test it, pack it and upload it. Can't wait for the last FFUR Release For OFP, This Is Big.

Quote[/b] ]h, oh. One other things. Some Russian modesl have BIS faces on the wrong way round. I hope the US inf doesnt now, also.

This issue is no longer available because I replaced Llauma heads/faces by BIS ones for the US troops models.

Quote[/b] ]If you are interested in the Llauma head model, you can give a look into how it is implemented in the GRAA modpacks, you can have then have the Llauma heads models on your models, along "Llauma-ifed" BIS faces textures from Hyakushiki and :

-without any script or eventhandler running and so no extra lag.

-without any face change during gameplay.

-without any face missing to breaking mission.

only problem is to find the time to implement the new head on the soldier p3d, other than that if the system from GRAA is used there is absolutely no problem or lag.

Thanks for the tip sanctuary, I guess you spent a lot of time to get that working so properly, I would have liked to do the same for FFUR but I'm 100% sure a huge amount of people would be complaining about the uncompatibility of 'Extra-Infantry/Human-Addons' with FFUR.

Moreover, the Mod is nearing completion and such changes would involve more time and efforts, thus delaying the release as you stated.

Quote[/b] ]The 1965 Pickup (I cannot remember what civilian vehical it replaces) has been altered since FFSX1.05. It goes REALLY slow (Ala slow tank, especialy up hill, slow for a truck, on level road, and faster downhill) and has green headlights!

Works so far good here, maybe you better should use it on the road. ;]

Quote[/b] ]Could you change the default animation when a person is sitting in a truck or APC? The default animation makes them look like chickens.

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to satisfy tastes of everyone, since such changes require 'some serious efforts' even if they sound 'so' easy to do.

Quote[/b] ]which Hyk are you using?

2.05 (Last one)

Quote[/b] ] Will you be able to adjust your/others goggles? And if the goggles were down, could there be like a "goggle view?"

A 'google view'? I guess you have never put 'goggles' because those I used provided the same field of view than without 'goggles', of course, as long as you keep them clean.

Thank you all for your kind words and support! once again, special thanks to all beta-testers who offered us their support.

Because thanks to them, the mod's getting better every day. :]

regards,

TB

Hi. First of all, I gotta say that I love this mod. Lots of good work put into it and it shows.

That said, my only complaint is with the auto-proning feature when under fire. I know it's been brought up before, but I really think it should be removed, or at least optional. On the MP mission Return to Everon, it makes it virtually impossible to fire an antitank weapon cause you keep going prone and switching back to the rifle. I also think it would be a lot more realistic without autoproning, but that's just my two cents.

Thanks for the great mod!!

Just loaded SLX onto my new computer - man - it is amazing - well done TB. Just one thing (didn't know if its been mentioned) but I am getting a CTD when I select the 2S6M.

Thanks for making the ultimate OFP !

S. Chapman

Quote[/b] ]Is it possible to reskin civilians and civilian vehicles to be more modern-ish?

I'm afraid this comes a bit late since the final pack is completely finished, including the installer.

Quote[/b] ]Hi. First of all, I gotta say that I love this mod. Lots of good work put into it and it shows.

You are the welcome. :]

Quote[/b] ]That said, my only complaint is with the auto-proning feature when under fire. I know it's been brought up before, but I really think it should be removed, or at least optional. On the MP mission Return to Everon, it makes it virtually impossible to fire an antitank weapon cause you keep going prone and switching back to the rifle. I also think it would be a lot more realistic without autoproning, but that's just my two cents.

You have to be standing up when you select the rocket launcher to avoid auto-proning.

Quote[/b] ] am getting a CTD when I select the 2S6M.

This has been fixed by the removal of the addon due to some compatibility issues between the original scripts and FFUR - SLX ones.

Anyways, your support, help, and dedication have been really appreciated and I sincerely hope we would get the same support for our upcoming projects for ArmA.

This thread will be locked because there might be a new one quite soon. :]

regards,

TB