Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

I actualy decided to clean out my OFP, install this again, and play properly... And I actualy must say its really damn good! xD

Only one thing.... Its laggy with the extra pack (says extra pack is required

huh.gif ) how do I uninstall the extra pack only so I can reinstall it without johns fire fx just to make it a tad less laggy?

@domokun- No, FFUR+SLX is not MP compatible.

Sadly it seems that the FFUR MP without the SLX addons has been left 'as is'. As I have seen Blazen mention previously, I also think that for MP gameplay I prefer FFUR without SLX. Thats not to say that SLX isn't 'nice' and 'snappy'. But, there are just too many non-MP encouraging features it encompasses it seems. Mostly it boils down to the heavy overhead of the SLX scripting.

I would very much prefer to see the FFUR MP gameplay revived for my crew.

Wook [iDGN]

I got a few suggestions for the next patch, for T-Bird

Reduce shakeyness after even TAPPING the E key... You can barley aim 2ft after you ran about 2ft... Its OK if you ran through a whole city, but not from house to house rofl.gif

I noticed AI engage a truck from 500m away with pistols...

I noticed AI fire RPG's at inf, ArmA style.

Please give the player control over his OWN character crazy_o.gif

I was stood there, armed with a pistol, TRYING to aim (SHAKEY) and a bullet went past... "OH NOES!" says my AI, and then preform the "Get out AT launcher" animation (I ONLY had a pistol), put it back, drop to the floor, get up, do it again, drop to the floor...

Plus all my AI (Ordered on STAND UP) led down... and a couple started doing the same as me...

"I" (IE. AI inside my head) also start issuing random orders to AI witch screwed up a mission or two whistle.gif

Also, take a look at the running, usualy when unarmed or armed with a pistol, you walk with W and run with E... In FFSX (And SLX for that matter) W runs and E double speeds (yes I know to press F, its AI I'm speaking for here).

It ruins some missions where AI are meant to walk and they run like hell... or are meant to run and do doubletime running (A. looks odd, the unarmed/pistol running animation sped up and B. screws up triggers and camera timing)

Also, this is a little idea, why not make it so that you don't have arty or air strikes unless the mission is made to have it, like, put a gamelogic for "FFSX US Air strike" and "FFSX RU Arty" in there or something?

Just suggestions... Noone get pissy...

I guess no patch will be release!!

does anyone know if ffur2007 is better than Armed Assault??

I read in a forum ffur 2007 is more realistic...

I guess no patch will be release!!

does anyone know if ffur2007 is better than Armed Assault??

I read in a forum ffur 2007 is more realistic...

Calm down, guy. It's ready when it's released.

I will stick to the good old OFP/FFUR as long as possible. AA is lacking something. Can't tell exactly what. OFP just "feels" better. wink_o.gif

Ok ty I figured it out jackass888 (from another thread), I have combined the FFUR2007 with SLX seperate into 2 mod folders..

Working fine notworthy.gif .

Anyway I have 1 last question, since I love Tonal! So I have SLX, FFUR2007 and I want Tonal Redux (latest version - the one with zombies) together.

The problem is, I can't get it to work.. confused_o.gif .

Either FFUR or Tonal Redux seperate seems to work fine, but running both doesnt..

When having Tonal load BEFORE ffur it runs fine with ALL Tonal addons, BUT the SFX effects don't run (like body dragging etc.. and GL3)... sad_o.gif .

I could really use some help on this one.. huh.gif

FFUR and SLX wont wor togther. Get FFSX (Its them combined to work) and Tonal reduz I had working but I cant remember if I had to modify it to work with FFSX...

The problem is, FFSX doesn't enable all the scripts... Like , body dragging etc..

Somehow I got it working or is it just me?

Maybe a solution to enable ALL scripts of FFSX in the config could work.. Can somebody tell me how to enable all on FFSX?

Ty for the help already wink_o.gif

The primary reason for the creation of FFSX was to reduce lag as well as combining FFUR and SLX features/units, but it results in disabling the scripts you've mentioned.

Yes I am aware of that, but shouldn't it be possible to enable it again?

I have done a different combination with FFUR2007 together with SLX < loaded first. Then I have made another mod folder with the FFUR2007 config Inside the SLX, which seems to work nicely. There is the same config but then for Tonal Redux.. that I cant get working...

Pirate2, I don't get it... why is so important to have the config of tonal redux?

When I tried that mod I never used it, I just took the addons (island,soldiers,etc) and the campaign and put everything in my own addons folde. They work without problems.

But you don't have to use their config because you want to use your own.

Hope it helps smile_o.gif

goodnight.gif

Pirate2, if that's your reasoning why not just use SLX with an older version of FFUR 2007? That way you can have your features enabled while still using FFUR.

too bad i cant play it i got errors d/led 5 times now but it says i can skip the error

i have 2 put /NCRC in the commandline swtich can some1 tell me where that is thx confused_o.gif

hi , ffur is exactly a great mod. but they shoot me from everywhere. is it possible to set AI 's ability like original chicken style ? smile_o.gif

Hey I love this mod. Having a slight problem though. The default rifle for the east, ak-74 I think, is missing its sound. The jam version has its sound, but not the basic unit under men. What is the best way to fix this?

Downloading right now at 440-450 Kb/s, would like to express my appreciation for you guys doing this for the community! Thank you so much for keeping the best war game ever alive! notworthy.gif (yes I am a bit late, but have not been playing for a while).

So whats the progress on the patch?

So whats the progress on the patch?

A few more weeks at least. Tbird is on military duty at the moment so I've no clue how long it will really take. But at least a few more weeks.

i hope t bird comes back soon wanna try out that new patch that he hasnt released yet.

BTW do u guys have any other mirrors for patch 1.01?

Quote[/b] ]Thanks to the BETA-TESTERS, the MOD has been accomplished and the biggest thank you has to go to all of them:

- CameronMCdonald

- Ch_123

- CanadianTerror

- Ingram.

- GOL clan and especially to Lt.Chris for the MP tests,

- battle hampster

- william1

- triumph

- V.P.

- SamotH

- froggyluv

- GOL clan

- <span style='color:red'>Blazin</span>

And to all others who wanted to help us.

I don't deserve to be on there. I didn't do anything worthwhile. I didn't even do a proper testing with it. I just played it once and moaned. It is actualy damn good, its just a few niggly features that throw me off, thats all!

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the kind of late reply, I have been busy with army and real life...

I'm kind of surprised to see this thread still being on the first page.

Thank you all for your ongoing support and interest, I actually have the unreleased patch in my USB key, I will try to upload it and publish it ASAP.

Regards,

TB

I hope the patch adds a tad more power to pistols and fixes silenced guns, so AI can't hear them as well as normal guns! tounge2.gif

And also so you can sneak closer to AI without him seeing you. I was 15m from AI and he hear me, turned about, and fired. While I was crawling slow. rofl.gif

Also, I noticed in FFSX three units I placed down were pretty mutch on the other side of a city from where they were meant to be (And where in FFUR and Vanilla OFP).

And can you fix the SLX running? It ruins some missions, especialy ones using Zombies. As they all run insted of walk.

In SLX and FFSX, even with pistol, gun on back, or no gun, W runs. E looks ridiculess and you have to use F to walk, whereas FFUR and Vanilla OFP (And most other mods) W only jogs when u have rifle, but with pistol, gun on back, and no gun, W walks and E runs at a pace that doesnt make the player look like roadrunner! See?