Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

for days something wrong with dl speed at ofp.info mad_o.gif

waiting for mirrors...

yes i think is for the armed assault web site

now the connection is divided ?

crazy_o.gif

Good job on the release. Very impressive sounding list of improvements (but I already knew that wink_o.giftounge2.gif )

I would have done more testing but I've been very busy in real life lately, sorry.

Ah, when I go to filefront, the "Download Now" button doesn't work huh.gif

Yeah I had to reload the page, only to be comforted with a d/l speed of 64kb/s tounge2.gif

Think I'll wait til a better mirror is provided

I ont Know if I will download this good job though. Reson being that FFUR 2007 and Slx are already stabled enof. I dont want to download it again. Plus you have taken a lot effects that made the games atmosphire better.

Opening Doors.

AI hiding in Buildings. It made urban warfare much better because you would need to check all the buildings. You coudnt pick off any body from far distan. It was kind of stupid just to see Ai sitting there doing nothing then you could just pick them off. But if they hide in building and move around they have concealment.

@TB, while I am only 6% done with the dl, I know what to expect quality wise from all the previous FFUR editions.  So thanks again and job well done (I know you must hear this all the time lol).

EDIT:  I forogt to thank Solus as well.  SLX has so many features that I don't know how it was possible to complete such a mod even if you started from the day ofp was released.  I am grateful for the HUGE amount of effort that went into the mod.  It really has become a standard download for all ofp fans and with good reason.  Without people like you, there would be nobody left to push the boundaries of ofp.  Thanks for SLX and thanks for this collaboration with FFUR.

I dont want to download it again.

Unless you dont have broadband (or dont know anyone who doesnt have broadband) I can never understand this "I dont want to download it again" thing. Just start the download, go off for an hour or two, and the magic of the internet does the rest. I cant understand why people make it sound like some sort of chore...

I agree with Mike31, AI hiding in buildings is a great

asset, I use ffur2007 with the DMA libya mod and I get snipe

by AI from the top of the buildings, todays warfare has

become more urban fighting than woodlands or anything else.

I regret that this feature was removed..

Yeah I definately see your point, that was a cool feature.  I never had any issues with it (but I honestly havent had much time to really test out SLX to its fullest) but TB had his reasons.  Like he said, ofp wasn't really intended to simulate urban warfare, even though SLX + DMA Lybia (gotta love those buildings) is good fun as you  mentioned.

It's for this reason I'll keep FFUR+SLX and FFURSLX on me HD.

I too enjoy the possibility of garrisoned forced peeping you from windows and with the greater chance of you and your men expending all of their ammo due to SLX, have often relied on hand/hand to get me outta of a scrape. But the fact remains that for official missions/campaign, the garrison script can break missions. Great for mission editor missions though.

The streamlined FFURSLX however is much more stable, features great blood effects and much more. I'll use this for official missions/campaign etc..

IMHO, both of these are the pinnacle of OFP modding and using up 1gig+ of HD is a small price to pay for such excellent fun.

Thanks TB, downloading now smile_o.gif . One question should we just delete the current ffur slx folders before running install?

You guys must be insane...ever heard about a thing called sleep? wink_o.gif

Great work mates!

Can'T believe what you guys did to the game!

Kudso and keep rockin'! yay.gif

Has anyone actually successfully downloaded the mod? My downloads keep crapping out at around 40% (which takes a good 3 hours to get to). I even tried to stop and resume the download in my Opera download manager, but then it says that the download is complete even though it is not.

Ok thanks for the reply. I dunno why mine keeps dying. I have a good broadband connection. I guess I'm just unlucky. I have it downloading now at a pretty decent rate using Firefox instead of Opera. I'll just cross my fingers and wait.

Here's another mirror

But the faster ones are on the way.

Please keep patient, these days it is harder to get mirrors for OFP files than before.

Regards,

TB

Figures, though, can't wait to try it! thumbs-up.gifinlove.gif

It keeps me amazed how people keep improving when releasing such great stuff. xmas_o.gif

Edit: The Megaupload mirror say's 'limit is exceeded'or something along that line. That would be quick hehe. yay.gif

Edit2: Nvm, some problem with FireFox I guess. whistle.gif

Why not release it via torrent?  biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Thanks for mirror, working better than previous

Just done downloading and damn, I think I'm gonna be schoolsick for a few day's whistle.gifinlove.gif

This is really damn nice!

Thank you, the mod team and who not for making me not have a life and playing this awesome stuff thumbs-up.gif