Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

Thanks for your response Thunderbird84. I'm really looking forward to the next release.

Thunderbird...

Will you fix the "silent makarov" bug and maybe find a better model or a different pistol(The model and LODs suck on the current makarov model)

Also will you put the normal running speeds back, to fix some missions broken by the fast and faster insted of normal and fast (The Noweapons/Pistol/Hostered running ruins some missions relying on AI timing (And also ones where units are patroling on safe mode... they run insted of walk) (Due to being RUN on W, overfast on E and walk toggled F, insted of W walk E run)

Also if you reduce the rifle sprinting speed you can plausably make the shaking less (I personaly still think its too mutch after running and sometimes shooting/getting shot at)

Anouther bug is several silenced weapisn still arn't silenced (Glock S for example).

ALSO will you somehow edit ALL planes (Mainly US)/all helos to include working dials (Unlikley) or just add the alt/speed back on?

Also don't forget the F15 bug :P

Thunderbird...

Will you fix the "silent makarov" bug and maybe find a better model or a different pistol(The model and LODs suck on the current makarov model)

Also will you put the normal running speeds back, to fix some missions broken by the fast and faster insted of normal and fast (The Noweapons/Pistol/Hostered running ruins some missions relying on AI timing (And also ones where units are patroling on safe mode... they run insted of walk) (Due to being RUN on W, overfast on E and walk toggled F, insted of W walk E run)

Also if you reduce the rifle sprinting speed you can plausably make the shaking less (I personaly still think its too mutch after running and sometimes shooting/getting shot at)

Anouther bug is several silenced weapisn still arn't silenced (Glock S for example).

ALSO will you somehow edit ALL planes (Mainly US)/all helos to include working dials (Unlikley) or just add the alt/speed back on?

Also don't forget the F15 bug :P

The walking speed dosent need to be fixed, its just fine

Tate, the walking is only a TAD faster then default OFP. Thats not what Im on about. (But the old walk speed is better I think. Less of a "Excersize speed walk" and more of a patrol speed, sometimes runnign and walking look like I have 2 times speed on when Im on normal speed)

Im on about when you place a group on "Safe, Limited" they jog in FFSX. Among other things, this is a bit funky with mission timing and mission editing. (You have experianced me going back over and over thanks to jogging AI first hand)

I'll show you in MP when you get back.

EDIT: The "Disengage" (3-6) command when leading is missing. Its required to allow AI to break off and retreat.

If you dont understand what I mean I have a screenshot.

Fantastic mod FFUR team! Do any servers have this up and running? I would love to play this with my friend online.

Thanks in advance

Help! Problem!

I got a problem where a guy is prone, he stands up without animation. So he goes from prone to standing automatically, without animation.

2.0 Sounds great! Is it released?

OH, and a suggestion. Could you add a pistol for everybody. Like a sidearm?

Excluding SLX fixes, changes and updates, the incoming patch will feature the following fixes:

_Fixed: A-10 GBU-12 attack objectives set by the laser marker.

_Fixed: F15 error message

_Fixed: Tripod NSV (Replaced by CSLA Dshk)

_Fixed: Added Jet fighters speedmeter and alt meter

_Fixed: Silent VSK, VSS and silent handguns.

_Fixed: Artillery system stability, included voices and disabled the artillery limitations due to issues in game.

_Fixed: Grenades that make tanks and apcs fly away.

_Replaced: US Infantry troops models by Hyakushi ACU troops.

_Replaced: M16A4 (Aimpoint) by M4 (Aimpoint, Acog...)

_Included: A10A GBU-12

Quote[/b] ]Cool... Can you fix the MP dragging at all? When you drag in MP weird things happen.

Sorry, there is no way to fix MP bugs as long as we have no server to carry out our tests.

Quote[/b] ]maybe find a better model or a different pistol(The model and LODs suck on the current makarov model)

This rather sounds unnecessary because seemingly, the model isn't that bad and there are more important things to focuse on atm.

Quote[/b] ]Also if you reduce the rifle sprinting speed you can plausably make the shaking less (I personaly still think its too mutch after running and sometimes shooting/getting shot at)

In real life, you would have to exert a lot of efforts to carry out decent "shots" in a stress-environment.

Quote[/b] ]The "Disengage" (3-6) command when leading is missing. Its required to allow AI to break off and retreat.

No need of this command since the scripts have been modified to allow AI disengaging and retreating.

Quote[/b] ]Do any servers have this up and running?

Maybe get a look at the servers' list, scroll down with the hope to grab one, sorry, no way to provide an accurate answer to this question since I have been busy with army and real life the last months.

Quote[/b] ]he stands up without animation. So he goes from prone to standing automatically, without animation.

will check it out, thanks for reporting it.

Quote[/b] ]2.0 Sounds great! Is it released?

Negative.

Quote[/b] ]Could you add a pistol for everybody. Like a sidearm?

This doesn't make sense because soldiers don't carry sidearms in real life, only officers and elite/special troops do bring them.

The mod is carried out using the most realistic possible amounts of data coming from 'serious' ressources (MODs [WGL], Websites...), I try to keep the realism level up, and to more fully immerse you in the game and in the mission.

regards,

TB

I´ve noticed that whenever you fire the AK in automatic the sounds basicaly disapears. It has trouble coming out. Could we have the old sound from vanilla? No problem with that firing sound.

TB, if the Russian forces don't really use the DSHK, then wouldn't it be easier, as well as more realistic, to just edit the NSV model, and give it a higher mount?

Awesomeness!

Indeed, blazin.

The Changes sound great Tbird.

Quote[/b] ]The Low NSV has been changed to the CSLA mounted DSHK

I Agree With This Change Tbird, Those Low NSV Mounts Where Too Easy To Avoid, Placed Behind Some Sandbags And You Could Just Walk Around Them And Shoot The Gunner In The Back.

Quote[/b] ]When it's finished, fully beta tested, refixed, packed and uploaded on at least 3 FTP's. heh

So Were Talking About A Few Weeks Atleast, No Worry, I Think We Can Wait For Something This Good.

Quote[/b] ]_Fixed: Artillery system stability, included voices and disabled the   artillery limitations due to issues in game.

So Were Gonna Have Unlimited Artillery Requests In-Game Again Huh, I Don't Like That, But I Can Just Disable It.

Quote[/b] ]_Replaced: US Infantry troops models by Hyakushi ACU troops.

Another Good Choice Tbird, FP ACU Models Don't Fit In Game, HYK Good All Round Models. Will The Special Forces Models Be Changed Also.

Quote[/b] ]But I love HYK, except for the pilot skin, looks weird.

There's No Pilot In The HYK US Modern Infantry Pack.

Quote[/b] ]_Replaced: M16A4 (Aimpoint) by M4 (Aimpoint, Acog...)

I Was Wondering Why The US Troops Weren't Using M4's Originally, Trying To Keep Compatible With The Original Campaigns/Missions I Guess. But Another Good Change.

All In All, I Think This Will Be Another Good Pack By The FFUR Team, Nice Works Guys.

P.S Just A Question About ArmA, Will You Be Doing Your Own Models/Effects/Sounds For FFUR In ArmA Or Will You Be Compiling Other Works Lke Your Current FFUR Projects.

remember: fix IA bugs, for example during the training in Cold War Crysis, when the friendly soldiers go in the houses after the run (the first tutorial) when you must run at the truck and return back in formation...

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]I´ve noticed that whenever you fire the AK in automatic the sounds basicaly disapears. It has trouble coming out. Could we have the old sound from vanilla? No problem with that firing sound.

The sounds have been once again, fixed, improved and some SFX, replaced, for the incoming release.

I wasn't satisfied at all with the previous sounds because they were lacking of 'deepness' and 'immersion'.

Quote[/b] ]TB, if the Russian forces don't really use the DSHK, then wouldn't it be easier, as well as more realistic, to just edit the NSV model, and give it a higher mount?

In my judgement, it would be better to avoid to edit ORCS models since the ORCS team is 'totally' against it, asking permission wouldn't change anything, as I have already experienced that with'em a while ago, we have been asked to take out RHS stuff in order to get allowed to edit or use their new models.

We better stick with the DsHK.

Quote[/b] ]For instance, I shoot an assault rifle at full auto, but there is no sound. Anyways, love what your doing and when will we expect to see it done?

Yes.

Quote[/b] ]Just A Question About ArmA, Will You Be Doing Your Own Models/Effects/Sounds For FFUR In ArmA Or Will You Be Compiling Other Works Lke Your Current FFUR Projects.

Right now, I can't provide any accurate answer since I'm totally focused on OFP.

But once this pack is released, we will close OFP's chapter for real .

Btw, I have been working on a little project for ArmA that makes some changes, especially in terms of AI (skills, accuracy), Explosion Fx, realistic ammunition values (based on OFP's wgl values), Blood Fx and much more, It is envisaged to extend it more if time would allow it.

Quote[/b] ]remember: fix IA bugs, for example during the training in Cold War Crysis, when the friendly soldiers go in the houses after the run (the first tutorial) when you must run at the truck and return back in formation...

This has been fixed with the SLX 1.1 version.

Quote[/b] ]If there isn't a pilot, then what are you guys gonna use?

Our ACU retex models based on Laser's work.

The same goes to armored crews.

regards,

TB

HYK have crew units, by the way. No need to make new ones...

Quote[/b] ]Right now, I can't provide any accurate answer since I'm totally focused on OFP.

But once this pack is released, we will close OFP's chapter for real  .

TB, would be grand if you could test this pack with MFCTI and crCTI before you close the book on this Mod.

We're talking FFUR/FFSX the single best East vs. West Mod for OFP and still sllllightly incompatible with the best MP gameplay missions, MFCTI and crCTI. Random crashes early to midgame in MFCTI and crCTI.

Wook [iDGN]

Folks,

Trusty Beta-testers are needed in order to make sure everything gets tested, since this would be the last FFUR release for Operation Flashpoint, "realism-maniacs" are the welcome, heh. ;]

Just drop me a PM/E-Mail.

Thank you.

regards,

TB

lol how many times have you said "This is the final release for OFP."?

You say it like you want him to stop making content... icon_rolleyes.giftounge2.gif

Keep it up mate, looking forward to the next release!

Nice To Hear The Stuff About ArmA Tbird. Looking Forward To The Release.

@xplosiv

I Think This Will Be The Last Major Release For OFP, Maybe We Will See Some Small Patches Here And There.

Everyting sounds cool. Got some questions..

Can you implement the external camera position of GRAA3?

Will sidearms be stronger? Like less shots to kill something..

Got any pics to show?

Everyting sounds cool. Got some questions..

Can you implement the external camera position of GRAA3?

Will sidearms be stronger? Like less shots to kill something..

Got any pics to show?

I think there is no need to make sidearms more stronger, that issue has been fixed since the last version of FFUR and now it only takes like 1 or 2 shots to kill somebody.

What are you did with LAN-part of FFUR mod in version since 1.05?

FFUR 1.05 load LAN better than 1.01... This is very importaint for me because I'm from Third World smile_o.gif... and I pay more money for my traffic, in this version.