Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

Blazin,

Be shure you are using v3 of my extra pack, in page 13 (I think), the instalation let's you choose if you want the houses replacement or not.

justinas91 could you send me your config, I was looking around in the bin folder and saw the bin program , I was looking at the config and dodnt really know what im looking for, I think it would be easier, I know to make a copy.

Thank you very much appreciate your help

Can anyone help me with this?

What do i nedd to install tho gat the full effect of this FFUR/SLX 2007 mod....I wqas playing with the 1.00 (download from the first page till now) and just today I saw that there are a couple of patches.

So I was paying with:

-FFUR/SLX 2007 1.0[488 MB]

-FFUR/SLX 2007 1.2 Extra Pack (Needed)[10 MB]

....now I see that there are some patches:

-FFUR/SLX 2007 Patch 1.01 (Filefront Mirror) (173 MB)

-FFUR/SLX 2007 Extra Pack (By SamotH)

....both on page 19

+

...a patch:

-1.05....59 MB

....on page 28

So do I need all of this or not?

If I need something more, what?

Yeah, all of that, though of course the extra packs are just that, extra (optional).

Thanks for te extra quick reply....one more question:

Is this extra pack the latest one:

-SAMOTH's SELECTION - FFSX 2007 Extra Pack v3

Blazin,

Be shure you are using v3 of my extra pack, in page 13 (I think), the instalation let's you choose if you want the houses replacement or not.

Does it replace the older one or do I have to somehow remove it?

PS. My buddy has 98SE, any chance of just the files compessed insted of an installer, for people like him?

Oh my Flashpoint wow_o.gif

I just saw why I'm getting some errors!

A. I missed the v3 extra pack

B. I missed the FFSX 1.01 patch! I just applied 1.05 without 1.01.

No wonder crazy_o.gif

Edit: Ooh shite I forgot i was the last one to post before this!

Blazin, (corrected)

I did release a win98 installer, it's on one of the folowing pages, but forgot wich one. I haven't tried it, but it should work fine. If you don't find it let me know and i will reupload it. wink_o.gif

www2,

It's my final pack, yes. and the best one that I could make.

By that I mean't that no more updates will be done.

But somoeone else might release another, dunno.

Last time i played this game, i stopped using extra packs, cause it incremented my Lag-O-meteR, so if any of you don't have a powerfull pc, use it with little replacements or don't use 'em at all... confused_o.gif

Its Blazin not Blazing tounge2.gif

lol ^^

Thanks SamotH. I'll look for it now, If I can't find it I'll make lazy-ass himself look for it.

EDIT:

<s>The only possible word is: OMFG

I have the half-way-into-ground bug again.

After uninstalling FFSX and reinstalling it in order of

1.0 installer

1.01 patch

1.05 patch

v3 extra pack

Help anyone?</s>

Ahaaaaa, I mixed up my old beta I still had the the full 1.0 rofl.gif

Do you know how can I install the High Resolution Island Pack?

the .rar name is the follow

ffur_islands_pack_hi_res.rar

There's a tutorial (a file .txt) for install the pack but it says "Extract the .rar in your operation flashpoint folder", when I extract it, it create a new folder whit the name

FFUR Island Pack High Reso

it contains some subfolders

Operation Flashpoint

Screenshots

I open the folder OPF and this folder contains 2 subfolders

Res

Worlds

I open Worlds folder and I copy all files in Worlds folder in my OPF directory, I return back and I copy all contained files in

...FFUR Island Pack High Reso\OperationFlashpoint\Res\Addons folder in my

Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\Res\Addons folder

but nothing happens...I've installed a older high reso island pack:

modern_aec030906.exe

and, sincerely:

modern_aec030906.exe

isn't very well...

but the install Readme contained in

ffur_islands_pack_hi_res.rar

says

Advantages :::::>>> Beautiful textures , nice trees and a lot of other awesome work.

Disadvantages :::::>>> AI sometimes goes out from roads while driving or crashes against trees.

the Disadvantages, there are when? And, why there are these bugs?

Thank you!

EDIT: I've too installed the extra pack (llaumax sky, clean water etc)

all for FFUR_SLX mod

Uh, is there any way I can disable house replacment in the FFSX extra pack?

It makes it look like a badley made "Urban CTF" map with a few houses slapped down in a mish-mash, all wrong way round, on road, ect.

and, these bugs will be resolved when will be ready a new patch for FFUR_SLX mod?

Follow the bolded text.

Rename "FFUR Island Pack High Reso" modfolder to "FFURIPH" to get the following structure:

FFURIPH/Res

FFURIPH/Worlds

In other words, copy the "Res" and "World" folders to the same subfolder that the "Operation Flashpoint" folder is in ("FFURIPH").

The "FFURIPH" modfolder should thus contain two subfolders, "Res" and "Worlds".

Once you've accomplished this, you need to edit your FFSX shortcut, to include both a reference to the FFSX modfolder, and the Island Pack modfolder, like this: -mod=ffsx2007;FFURIPH

Follow the bolded text.

Rename "FFUR Island Pack High Reso" modfolder to "FFURIPH" to get the following structure:

FFURIPH/Res

FFURIPH/Worlds

In other words, copy the "Res" and "World" folders to the same subfolder that the "Operation Flashpoint" folder is in ("FFURIPH").

The "FFURIPH" modfolder should thus contain two subfolders, "Res" and "Worlds".

Once you've accomplished this, you need to edit your FFSX shortcut, to include both a reference to the FFSX modfolder, and the Island Pack modfolder, like this: -mod=ffsx2007;FFURIPH

I've done all but nothing appened...

the FFURIPH folder structure, now, is this

FFURIPH\Res\Addons

and

FFURIPH\Worlds

I've modified my desktop ffurslx shortcut

in this mode

from "C:\Programmi\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\ffsx2007\FFUR - SLX 2007.exe"

-mod=ffsx2007; FFURIPH

I opened the game but nothing. But, when I didn't know what do, I copied the files in "Worlds" FFURIPH subfolder in this folder overvriting all

C:\Programmi\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\Worlds

this is the cause of my problem? THX!

It might be, I don't have the pack installed myself, but overwriting BIS files is generally not a good idea, it's one of the reasons we have modfolders.

I don't use another .exe, I just have a shortcut to the standard Flashpointresistance.exe like following (with the Island pack modfolder added for clarity reasons):

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=ffsx2007;FFURIPH"

You could try that to see if it makes any difference.

It might be, I don't have the pack installed myself, but overwriting BIS files is generally not a good idea, it's one of the reasons we have modfolders.

Ok, I've overvrited the old files in world directory but NoThInG iS hApPeNeD!!

Hello

This is, I must say, most interesting reading but:

Where/ when do I install the FFUR_SLX_Extra_Pack_1.2 (before/after) and is it needed? I'm just thinkin of a complete reinstall of the whole OFP game (got some old bogus addons with really annoying error messages) and would really like to try limiting me to just a mod or two....

I set up to try the following as Blazin:

1.0 installer

1.01 patch

1.05 patch

v3 extra pack

but there's no mention of 1.2??

I ain't using the 1.2 extra pack and it works damn fine.

I use v3 though ^^

Ooh, BTW: I find all PC's are different. My brothers get 60FPS+ with FFSX and extra packs, but throw in DXDLL and we get 5FPS

On my home PC I can have both and have the same as unmodded OFP (Only 20FPS but thats playable).

thanks for quick reply smile_o.gif

The DXDLL is something funny; it's all of a h... with effect to turn on and off. I remeber i got about 4-5 fps first time i used it, but after killing some effects i got a reasonable 50 fps smile_o.gif

I think it's all about right grephic-drivers and DX-version but i'm not shure. nVidia drivers can sometimes be really annoying to update if you don't get rid of all previous driver

Just a thought;

I wonder if it is possible to to replace the original files in the installer with the updated, to avoid installing update after update after update after update after update after update after update after update after update after update after update after update after update after update after update after update after update?

I have a question: is it possible to add at ffsx2007 the Dynamic Range like ECP (with Radio Chatter on vehicles)?

What is your Dynamic Range?

at sure isn't the High Dynamic Range (HDR) smile_o.gif

but....what's ECP?

Maybe, I know too what's and

or I don't remember XD

or I don't know ghghg

I modified my last post where I writed Answer for error (it was Question)

Hi, I think ffsx2007 is a great mod, howeverI got 2 problems with it whistle.gif :

1. The weapon sounds may be realistic, but imo it is not necessary to set the volume of them to Real life conditions, too. Especially, because in OFP changing "effects" volume also changes the dialogue volume.

This way I'm forced to play at a non acceptable volume to hear birds, dialogue ect. - I'm not joking - my ears hurt when firing.

2. Everytime a cutscene loads, it won't start because of some missing p3d file. Because of this bug - I installed everything as said - I can't see any major cutscenes.

Anybody knows how to fix this?

I think I can workover the sounds, saw that wss-extractor on ofp.info, but I know nothing about that p3d.

The error says cannot open object data3d\vysilacka.p3d or cannot open object data3d\znacka_slepa.p3d.