Sign in to follow this  
Indy

M72 LAW

As someone may remember some time ago i did some experiments with arma shaders capabilites and the old cwc law.

Since i got some request to release the law, and the original model is quite outdated i decided to remodel and retexture it to fit more in ArmA's environment.

I was aiming to release it last week, but it needs still some work to be done on and i'm actually quite busy so i hope that i will be able to finish it this weekend.

Here's a screenshot, comments and critics are welcome biggrin_o.gif

lawuf7.th.jpg

I really like what you have done with that.. very much suits the ArmA settings with the textures etc.

Well done and look forward to this being released in the future!

The cap that is underneath the launcher in the picture (the one that normally covers the end of the barrel) is hinged, and it should just be "hanging" rather than in a "rigid" position like you have modeled.

DF-SN-85-03506.JPG

like that.

My question is how did you get it to extend when in the firing position? smile_o.gif

Abs

My question is how did you get it to extend when in the firing position? smile_o.gif

Abs

Oh that's easy! Even I know how to do that!  wink_o.gif  

The BIS RPG works the same way; study its config.

The RPG tube is carried unloaded and when one deploys

it a grenade "ArmAgically" pops onto the end. Substitute

a folded and extended 66mm launcher and there you

have it!

I just wish it were possible to adjust the "slung" position

of carried objects like this. It looks ridiculous way up on

the guy's shoulder like that, looking like some kind of

weird sashimono!   icon_rolleyes.gif

of carried objects like this.

All he needs to do is reposition the closed model.

Hi, looks very good; but the presure plate that acts as triger, is covered by a black "goma" piece, and i think that it may look better if you make that once deployed, the back sight be forward than the shooter eye. Let's C ya

Abs

Oh that's easy! Even I know how to do that! wink_o.gif

have it!

weird sashimono! icon_rolleyes.gif

Exactly, also after the law is fired it will immediately return in it's folded state, so i don't know if i'll keep the folded model or rather just use the extended one for both configurations

great work. Cant say I am progressing as good, the shaders and shadow stuff got me bad.

Abs

Oh that's easy! Even I know how to do that!  wink_o.gif  

have it!

weird sashimono!   icon_rolleyes.gif

Exactly, also after the law is fired it will immediately return in it's folded state, so i don't know if i'll keep the folded model or rather just use the extended one for both configurations

With some simple scripts you can simulate LAWs better. With a fired EH, replace the weapon with an extended 'used' version that can't fire.

Hi, rotating the proxy for make the weapon be crossed at the back, from shoulder to shoulder, instead be in vertical at the left back side... it may look better the unit that carry it; will it be possible to do something like this?. It'll have some problems like that a part of the LAW-72 will clipp through the barrel of the weapon that you may have in the back; if you've a side weapon in the hands, and also will clipp through the backpack of the units that have it (the backpack); and put the weapon above the backpack... will make it look worst in the back of units with out the back pack. Also maybe make it stay at the left back side but banked 45º to the rigth may look good too; but again... i don't know if it'll be possible. Let's C ya

Hi, rotating the proxy for make the weapon be crossed at the back, from shoulder to shoulder, instead be in vertical at the left back side... it may look better the unit that carry it; will it be possible to do something like this?. It'll have some problems like that a part of the LAW-72 will clipp through the barrel of the weapon that you may have in the back; if you've a side weapon in the hands, and also will clipp through the backpack of the units that have it (the backpack); and put the weapon above the backpack... will make it look worst in the back of units with out the back pack. Also maybe make it stay at the left back side but banked 45º to the rigth may look good too; but again... i don't know if it'll be possible. Let's C ya

I do not think it is possible to adjust the proxy position without the tools.

The cap that is underneath the launcher in the picture (the one that normally covers the end of the barrel) is hinged, and it should just be "hanging" rather than in a "rigid" position like you have modeled.

http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/Assets/1985/Air_Force/DF-SN-85-03506.JPG[/img

like that.

When i hold a LAW I normally press this cap against my shoulder. So the position would be just right.

ahm sorry for asking, I tryed searching but couldn't find the text you wrote to make shaders and stuff available via config.

could need it wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

oh geez great work, i remember that VILA released A LAW before, but wasnt as good as this.. it really looks nice.. waiting for the release.. regards xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant" PM a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion.

I thought there was something updated but found this icon_rolleyes.gif

Are you kidding us? Leave that to the mods.

I was looking for this the other day. I thought I saw something a few months back about it being released or in a pack. It wasn't from vilas though. I cant remember where it was posted or when or by whom. I'd love to see this too.

Are you kidding us? Leave that to the mods.

Hey, he's just a helping hand.

Abs