Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu Presents: ArmA Coop Nights!

Thank you all for joining! We generally had about 30 players xmas_o.gif

It was a pitty there were some chaotic moments due to desyncs and crashes. The missions that have proven before to work properly seemed fine but newer other missions had issues. We will work this out ASAP and hope to see you next time, hopefully refreshed and without these bugging issues.  pistols.gif

Something I noticed.

Discussing strategy between teamleaders and among teams takes loads of time.

Maybe it's wise to lay out the missions a few days before we start.

So all players and teamleaders can read and discuss the strategy.

This means we wont loose any time on the evening self, but can do where we came for: shoot bullets smile_o.gif

Monk.

any plans for something again around weekend ? wasn't able to attend ...

any plans for something again around weekend ? wasn't able to attend ...

Any other night we're playing Coops aswell, but at sundays we also try to get together with many people, altough not advertised smile_o.gif

I enjoyed last night but it was a shame with those server-side (mission?) glitches. Nice to be part of something a bit different. See ya soon for another go smile_o.gif

-Fenix out

PS I have now installed teamspeakoverlay whistle.gif

Without any further knowledge of the mod you guyz are running.

Would it be possible to allow clients to turn on nametags for teammates ?

I'm very sure many players would like to use it.

As a choice of course so others can turn it off for themselves.

Monk.

I enjoyed last night but it was a shame with those server-side (mission?) glitches.  Nice to be part of something a bit different.  See ya soon for another go smile_o.gif

-Fenix out

PS I have now installed teamspeakoverlay  whistle.gif

hehe, nice one on the TSO, cu soon smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Without any further knowledge of the mod you guyz are running.

Would it be possible to allow clients to turn on nametags for teammates ?

I'm very sure many players would like to use it.

As a choice of course so others can turn it off for themselves. Monk.

I am already working on such feature. The problem for us is that showing nametags requires you to enable the Crosshair. We're a coop community that tries to aim for some realism etc. and most of us are very much bothered by Crosshairs etc wink_o.gif

Still we see the problem, especially in bigger games with newer players.... In real life you can recognise someone quite properly... Ppl aswell traing together so they know pretty much how everyone looks, walks, bla bla. Im looking at options on how to remove the Crosshair (Already playing around with the Cursor entries, aswell as thinking about transparant textures biggrin_o.gif)

More about this soon (In the Mod Thread)

So tommorow is on again I presume.

Is something done to prevent waiting too long before the missions start ?

Like stating here which missions will be played and naming teamleaders who can organize the attacks before we start playing etc etc etc ?

Hoping for a good evening filled with playing.

Monk.

Sure m8, hope to see you tomorrow wink_o.gif

We have been fixing around, aswell as update the missions. ATM we're testing some more...

In total we have reuploaded ~20 missions and added 10. And have spotted a few causes for the issues, amongst them are the checks for authentic pilots & gunners, etc.

For this time we have not setup anything for TL's etc yet... I also think that it's hard to do this at forehand... Well, a general plan is possible, but the rest, especially group setups etc... you never really know who will come, who will come late, etc. etc.

The long waits at the start were generally caused by issues and reassigns. Generally speaking everything should run more smooth at every next Coop Night smile_o.gif

BTW: Make sure you are fully up2date with 6thSenseMod, probably later on tonight there will be another small update, towards v0.58 (DL Link)

@sh33p:

set your difficulty settings on your client as you wish them, then close the game, and overwrite the .ArmAProfile  on the server, with the .ArmAProfile from ur client and voila smile_o.gif

Sooo, hope to see you all tonight at the Coop Night!

We are discussing about organizing and structuring the Coop Nights a bit more, and to have some plans/details at forehand...

If you wish to make your case/be part of the discussions: http://www.6thsense.eu/armed-a....e5.html

Furthermore, please make sure you are up2date with latest 6thSenseMod (v0.58) atm (Check Sig).

I watched your topic on your own forums.

Just 1 simple thing might do the trick:

1) make sure you let everyone know which missions are going to be played and provide download links for them too.

It's less stress for the gameserver and more important: everyone can have a look at the mission before we start playing. That's the most important gain w'll get I guess.

Monk.

The stress for the gameserver doesn't matter, the missions are only few kb's anymore, most scripting and resource expansions etc are now inside the Mod smile_o.gif

You can get the Mission Pack from 6thSense though, get's updated when I update more than ~10 missions.

Hmmm, im not so sure if I like all this pre-stuff.. I think the fun is that everything is dynamic and based upon ur opinion and feelings at the time of the briefing and not days beforehand, but I guess that's my personal feeling smile_o.gif

Still, we cannot say how many ppl will be there at the evening so saying which missions we're going to play is a bit hard wink_o.gif On the other hand we can aswell simply make up a list of missions that we will play when 10-15,  16-20, 21-25, 26-30, 30+ players are there etc, but this still gives you a broad choice of possible missions smile_o.gif

Oh I do like a surprise, don't get me wrong smile_o.gif

Just trying to find ways to avoid the long waiting times.

Monk.

Oh I do like a surprise, don't get me wrong smile_o.gif

Just trying to find ways to avoid the long waiting times.

Monk.

Roger m8, and any input is heavily appreciated, please drop anything in that you can think of smile_o.gif

is there a mailing list for this ? -- i dont check your site often enough to catch the announcements, but it'd be nice to get an email once a week or so with the date / time / mission outline / Ts details / server name etc.

Another fun night, last night. I'm still cringing when I think about the nade I threw at the rebel roadblock (nearly as bad as sickboy and the shooting-a-friendly-tank-up-the-ass-whilst-in-convoy incident... Anyway, sorry again carly40.

We had 0 server issues/desyncs etc. etc.

All the work on the updated and fixed missions, aswell as other efforts seem to have done their job properly! Im very happy to be able to bring you this news smile_o.gif And I hope it will give some more people trust (if they might've lost that after last time issues with desyncs and disconnects ^^).

The Missions that we played we're nice, except 1 of them was a bit too easy to my feeling. Also some clumsy teamleader lost his memories on how to properly communicate with the other teams rofl, so we lost some 10 minutes re-organizing that, but hey, what's 10 minutes right smile_o.gif

I enjoyed the whole night as usual of coarse smile_o.gif

Hope to see many of you next week at the Coop Nights  pistols.gif

Quote[/b] ]is there a mailing list for this ? -- i dont check your site often enough to catch the announcements, but it'd be nice to get an email once a week or so with the date / time / mission outline / Ts details / server name etc.
Day, Time, Ts details and Server Names are always the same and always up2date on our Coop Night Wiki:

http://www.6thsense.eu/wiki/ArmA:_Coop_Night

Still, I like your idea about a newsletter and if it helps remind ppl about the Coop Night, then why not wink_o.gif I will be looking into this and will update sometime soon (I hope ^^)

Another fun night, last night.  I'm still cringing when I think about the nade I threw at the rebel roadblock (nearly as bad as sickboy and the shooting-a-friendly-tank-up-the-ass-whilst-in-convoy incident...  Anyway, sorry again carly40.

Haha, NP About the nade thingy rofl, shit happens wink_o.gif Thanks for coming again, it's always a pleasure having yah smile_o.gif

Arghh, Just came back from work, out of town job, wasn't able to arrange the E-mail reminder, nor post today.. Anyone who still wishes to join up, feel very welcome, and to others; Hopefully see you next week biggrin_o.gif

Cu all tonight at the Coop Night!

Working on e-mail reminder system... atm you would need to sign up every week to be reminded, not really handy... More info about that soon

wish these wouldnt clash with the other coop event, sucks.

oh well. have fun tonight guys.

CU All at the CoopNight tonight!! Get ready to rumble pistols.gif

wish these wouldnt clash with the other coop event, sucks.

oh well. have fun tonight guys.

Which other Coop Event m8?