Sign in to follow this  
MehMan

Burning Sands: Africa '42

Your units start looking more awesome than ever! What about all the LOD's?  What about weapons in progress?

Planned of making panzerfaust?

Keep up the awesome work m8!

----------------------------------

OFFTOPIC: I apologise about my "revenge of jihad" video,

I know not all muslims arent terrorists  wink_o.gif

LODs will be done when time permits. I know, this is just half the work, but enough of a start.

Weapons, well, waiting for textures.

Panzerfaust came in too late. The infantry had no hand held weapons besides the AT rifles in NA, as far as I know. The only AT capability besides that were the AT guns.

And don't apologise to me, but to those you might have offended.

kristian:

Panzerfaust? firt usage were in West front in June 1944 and in east front in September 1944 in Carpaten in Dukla pass..

The infantry had no hand held weapons besides the AT rifles in NA, as far as I know. The only AT capability besides that were the AT guns.

PzB 39 A/Tk rifles plus GG/P40 A/Tk rifle grenades, demo'

charges, improvised charges (eg. hand grenades wired

together in bunches), mines, pole charges, smoke grenades

(and nearer the end of the N. African campaign and into

Italy) hollow-charge magnetic mines and 88mm rocket

launchers. So plenty of German hand-held A/Tk ordnance.

No Panzerfaust, Gretchen or Panzerschreck

weapons at that time, though.

Same goes for the British; Boys A/Tk rifles, No.s 74, 77, 75 &

68 grenades, demo' charges and IEDs.

Yes, but I mean, besides that, as in, a distance larger than the average throw.

Yes, but I mean, besides that, as in, a distance larger than the average throw.

The A/Tk rifle grenades (British and German) would all reach

out to about 75 yards. That's considerably more than a throw.

Great soldiers, great mod notworthy.gif , keep up the good work man, smile_o.gif  hehe I can't wait to show those tommies what Afrika Korps can do!  pistols.gif

what Afrika Korps can do!

Bratwurst. You germans with your trolley bratwurst! Best thing I've ever expirenced. The only thing I asked for seconds off a rusty trolley.

Quick update.

Well, here's the deal, I've been struck by various work loads that have restricted my time greatly.

One of these workloads is school work. As it stands, finals are nearly over, just a week more and that's the end of school work until I see how much I've failed and how much of my finals will I have to resit, if that's not the case, then I'll just see how much of a scholar under achiever I am by not having enough points to get onto any of the colleges/universities I picked. So yay for failing.

Another one is other mods, such as The Unsung, where I have been tasked with the weapons section. Seeing how I only did all the models and then left them sitting there thinking they'll unwrap and texture themselves I am in a sticky sitation. I must now quickly do a crapload of work. That's nearly a shitton of work.

Yet another workload is yet another mod, for which I have also been blessed with modeling and texturing a large ammount of units and weapons, this mod is not for ArmA, but an RTS, which gives me a bit more room for slacking with modeling and texturing, but instead I have been tasked with a larger ammount of units.

And one of the final demotivators for working on Burning Sands is ArmA itself, mainly the new tools which have kicked me in ass and balls and left me crying, because they apparently just don't like me, and prefer to work with the other kids. As it is, I'm stuck between either reinstalling the work drive and/or ArmA, which is tedious task for which I have yet to find time. If that does not work I will do the standard whiney thing, which is point the finger at BIS going wha wha, you hate me. Or, you know, wait for a new patch where this might be resolved, if this is in fact a general problem, but the lack of other people trying this out or just the lack of people getting this problem is starting to convince me that the problem is on my end. We'll see once I get the time.

So, thank you for reading my whiney bits, and I hope to bring some actual screenshots of the kraut infantry and updated british infantry.

Thats a shame to hear Mehman,

Your mod was coming along great.

It would really suck to to see it run out of steam due to this.

hopefully a update will be released that sorts your problem out and gets you back up and running soon.

notworthy.gif

this is your project, so you can make what you want. wink_o.gif

btw, which RTS is it? i'm addicted to RTS games tounge2.gif

CnC3. It's yet another WW2 mod. Not sure if we've gone public yet. Man I need to move out of this genre.

any news???

Not since the last time he posted. And your the only post since then.

whistle.gif

wink_o.gif

All I'll say for now is...there's something brewing and I do believe you'll like it.

Hi MehMan! Your mod looks really great so far. My grandfather was a navigator on a C-47 in Northern Africa, Isreal, and Italy during WW2. I was planning on retexturing and possibly making small modifications to the QG DC-3 in his unit livery. When I am done would you like it as part of you mod?

Sorry to hear about your troubles MehMan but i've got to say that i'm really looking foward to this mod, hopefully it will bring out some MP and SP missions and Campaigns, Also it's the first and probably the best Second World war Mod to date.

But I do advise you that real life comes over Gaming life so work hard for your exams.  wink_o.gif

Let us guess: teaser of your addons? wink_o.gifwhistle.gif

Shhh, don't blow my cover.  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hi MehMan! Your mod looks really great so far. My grandfather was a navigator on a C-47 in Northern Africa, Isreal, and Italy during WW2. I was planning on retexturing and possibly making small modifications to the QG DC-3 in his unit livery. When I am done would you like it as part of you mod?

Well, unfortunatley it's QG content and I don't have QG so I guess the answer is no, unfortunatley.

Quote[/b] ]Sorry to hear about your troubles MehMan but i've got to say that i'm really looking foward to this mod, hopefully it will bring out some MP and SP missions and Campaigns, Also it's the first and probably the best Second World war Mod to date.

But I do advise you that real life comes over Gaming life so work hard for your exams.  

Eh, first probably not, best also not.

But yes, I took the time for my exams and the subsequent celebrations because I passed them with better marks than most of my class. Enough to make people gasp. Ha! Cunts.

But yes, update on the mod soon. It's going to be something nice this time. I've actually done some work. Plus I now have team members that are good at what they do.

But yes, I took the time for my exams and the subsequent celebrations because I passed them with better marks than most of my class. Enough to make people gasp. Ha! Cunts.

Well good to hear that buddy! You sure kept it quiet that you passed them  biggrin_o.gif  Congratulations m8!

Nice to hear you got some help with your Mod as well. Eager to see what you coocked up in the sands. It's probably something good as the sands are hot, and the work you made so far is smoking! Get it i made a joke. Smoking/hot... burning sands....no  huh.gif  Never mind, it's the boredom from work  wink_o.gif

Well, bad and good news.

Good: german lods and brit lods are done

Bad: the textured armour went to hell after a drive crash.

Currently:

Brit weapons:

SMLE No.1 MkIII*

Bren Mk.I

Thompson 1928A1(ish)

German weapons:

Kar K98k

Mg34

Mp40

In other news:

updating the brit kit, the SMLE and thompson have been retouched and remapped, the thompson has more detail and is more accurate, while the SMLE recieved minor touchups, like the interior, meaning that you'll actually be able to see all the inner workings when the bolt is pulled out.

What is it you addon makers are doing with your harddrives? You seem to lose all your progress five times a year due to hard drive crashes! I've never (*touches wood*) had a harddrive do anything but spin happily and store all my crap so far.

This is a genuine question, by the way, not an accusation! I fully understand the suckage of harddrive-crashing. Egads, I'd be unhappy if my harddrive decided to crash crazy_o.gif So maybe I can learn how to avoid it somehow... :P

Regards,

Wolfrug

Well, I've never had a harddrive failure too, but my teammember unfortunatley has. He was in poland for the summer and he lived in sweden, so his rig had to be transported from a to b. And somewhere in between a HDD got borked.