Sign in to follow this  
Rogue2020

Fudge  XP

Well I updated to XP and of course nothing works.....flashpoint there is 2 pointers which I did fix it by minimizing the game and then bringing it back but then medal of honor the mouse control doesn't work at all....max payne the game crashes when you try to load a game...I tried that ultimate ride game and it locks up on the main menu.....every game I have tried has a problem or doesn't work at all......my SBlive software is incompatible...I do have sound because they have an XP driver.....I play allot of movies also and now they wont work because my video codec isn't compatible...I don't know what kind of XP codec I can find either....

I'll probably test more games but from what I have seen so far nothing will work.....I mean maybe they need to be reinstalled which would be a fucking bitch but I don't know......as far as I see so far...like the title FUCK XP.........and if I do go back to winME I'll have to fuck with that..trying to get all drivers back to winME... mad.gif  mad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif

There's no need for profanity in a thread title thank you smile.gif

I have the first three games you mentioned, all run great, as do any of the other games I've tried, perhaps you haven't installed the correct drivers or something, I play movies too, again no problems with divx or anything, maybe you need to find the correct drivers and install them properly, seems more like a fault with the user than a fault with the OS smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">medal of honor the mouse control doesn't work at all....<span id='postcolor'>

I know 3 people having this problem; 1 runs win98, another win ME. and the last one, win 2000.. thada!

I reckon this has something to do with hardware and/or further settings.

The only game I haven't manage to run in winXP is Ghost Recon,, and that isn't XP's fault,, it's my voodoo card.In fact,, all the things I can't run in XP is because of my computer. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snake1999 @ Feb. 04 2002,00:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The only game I haven't manage to run in winXP is Ghost Recon,,<span id='postcolor'>

Consider yourself very lucky my friend wink.gif

I would strongly suggest that you do a clean install of Windows XP if you can, since upgrading from an earlier version of Windows may leave you with old drivers or other files that may not work correctly under the new OS.

You can also try going into the Device Manager and removing the sound and video card, and then letting Windows XP auto-detect them. Try the drivers supplied with XP first, and if you still have problems, try getting updated native XP drivers from the hardware vendor.

The vast majority of people here who have commented on Windows XP have been very happy with it, myself included.

"L" about the title and a reinstall of max payne fixed it...medal of honor is working for some reason now..and I know what to do with flashpoint......seems like any other games need a reinstall....because yeah a clean install needs to be done but I just can't....plus I bought the upgrade version........

I do have all the right drivers though......it was really looking grim for awhile there but things are starting to look better......

Oh and with the codec there are many different types....like I have the matrix...works fine.....I have star trek first contact..doesn't work......I think i'll surf winMX for some XP codecs....I looked it up online and it's like 30 bucks for a 600K download...no thanks........

Only problem i HAD with winXP was when i had a partition of Win 98SE and one with XP, i had my games on Win98 and just the basics on XP, i slowly moved across to XP bit by bit, and thats where the problems began, so i just "Bit the bullet" and went totally with XP from a clean format and install of both partitions and used the NTFS instead of the FAT32 filing systems, and viola no more problems, i even managed to get back into desktop from OFP MP crashes, something i could never do with win98, so am i happy with XP, you could say i am.........now if only i could get rid of that annoying buzzing when i'm in a vehicle in OFP................. mad.gif

I'm not to hapy.....just tried all my movies and 7 don't work......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rogue2020 @ Feb. 04 2002,13:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm not to hapy.....just tried all my movies and 7 don't work......<span id='postcolor'>

Except that isn't really a problem with the OS -- if the movies use a non-standard CODEC, the problem lies with the producers of the movies and their decision to use a proprietary video encoding scheme.

What are you using to try to play the movies?

Yeah it isn't an XP problem but I blame it on XP because I had a whole shit load of codecs installed and they are not compatible with XP...

I use window's media player for them....

make sure ya DL all the service packs for XP before installing ANY drivers..

as for movies.. I watch them all the time on mine.. just DLd Divx4 and the MPEG4 codecs and watched shrek yesterday

Yeah I did download everything from window's update....no service packs though.....I think I have those codecs installed....I have a file of all codec you could ever need but all the real good stuff wont work with XP.....XP's mentality is yeah it's more stable...no error's because they remove your ability to use what was causing error's...so yeah no error with a program you can no longer use.... biggrin.gif

Hmm well I do everything with XP that I used to do with 98, bitch and moan all you like but XP is a damn fine OS tounge.gif

i must admit  i wasnt a big fan of xp and after comp upgrade i tried again  and what a difference  all games work  everything  execpt i dont get errors no more and just realised ive now been on 4 months nearly without as much as a crash.

compared to the winME days where i was formatting at least 3 times a month  

Xp is king    Bill Gates is Guru of the OS world

all Hail bill gates  biggrin.gif

oh rogue have u heard of ghost it can take a complete image of ur hardrive with games on etc and all settings save to cd or whatever and if u dabble about with xp and dont like it just reainstall image and ur back to where u were takes about 30 mins to install image again

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Feb. 05 2002,02:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm well I do everything with XP that I used to do with 98, bitch and moan all you like but XP is a damn fine OS  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well your not a user like me....I never leave the house....well guess once a week to see a movie....I get up at maybe 12PM sit on the computer tell 5AM and that's my day.....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ Feb. 05 2002,06:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i must admit  i wasnt a big fan of xp and after comp upgrade i tried again  and what a difference  all games work  everything  execpt i dont get errors no more and just realised ive now been on 4 months nearly without as much as a crash.

compared to the winME days where i was formatting at least 3 times a month  

Xp is king    Bill Gates is Guru of the OS world

all Hail bill gates  biggrin.gif

oh rogue  have u heard of ghost    it can take a complete image of ur hardrive with games on etc and all settings   save to cd or whatever  and if u dabble about with xp and dont like it   just reainstall image and ur back to where u were    takes about 30 mins to install image again<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

oh rogue have u heard of ghost it can take a complete image of ur hardrive with games on etc and all settings save to cd or whatever and if u dabble about with xp and dont like it just reainstall image and ur back to where u were takes about 30 mins to install image again

<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah I have Norton ghost 2001.......no space now....I have an 80 gig then a 40 gig and a 20gigUSB drive.....the 40 is full....the 80 has probably 50gig's used....and the 20 has like 3 used....no space to make a ghost image..

anyway things are working out....just got to tackle one problem at a time.....

I just installed screamer 4x4 and it has the same sound problems as flashpoint...so guess i'm fucked...have to down the settings.......

Windows ME ? muhahahahha

worth pissing on.....

As long as OFP works on XP im happy tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rogue2020 @ Feb. 05 2002,22:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well your not a user like me....I never leave the house....well guess once a week to see a movie....I get up at maybe 12PM sit on the computer tell 5AM and that's my day.....<span id='postcolor'>

Eeeeh? No idea what your point was, but anyways, I go to college for a few hours, come home and go on my puter from around 3pm-2am, Wednesday all day, Saturday & Sunday all day...........

Surely if you're always on your puter then you have lots of tweak sites bookmarked that tell you how to configure and use an OS properly? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Feb. 06 2002,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well your not a user like me....I never leave the house....well guess once a week to see a movie....I get up at maybe 12PM sit on the computer tell 5AM and that's my day.....<span id='postcolor'>

Eeeeh? No idea what your point was, but anyways, I go to college for a few hours, come home and go on my puter from around 3pm-2am, Wednesday all day, Saturday & Sunday all day...........

Surely if you're always on your puter then you have lots of tweak sites bookmarked that tell you how to configure and use an OS properly?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Nope......I don't surf the net.........the only thing I surf is known sites......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

and use an OS properly

<span id='postcolor'>

Well I know how to use everything fine but I have never had sound problems ever.....so I install XP and my sound is fucked even though I have up to date drivers....I am supposed to know what the fix is?.....

I tried turning down the settings...I think it helped some but didn't fix it..........damn XP........

<FONT SIZE="+32" color="RED">

FUDGE XP

</FONT>

biggrin.gif

I don't expect that HTML to work but some how people make that kind of shit work.......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rogue2020 @ Feb. 06 2002,13:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so I install XP and my sound is fucked even though I have up to date drivers....I am supposed to know what the fix is?.....

I tried turning down the settings...I think it helped some but didn't fix it..........damn XP........<span id='postcolor'>

Well I had crackly sound in Opf with XP+latest SB Live drivers, the PCI latency setting fixed it for me smile.gif

PCI latency setting fixed

<span id='postcolor'>

Where is this setting?