Sign in to follow this  
walker

ArmA 505 Europe Release + US Publisher

It will suck a little if we don't get the patch for a while if the UK version comes with it, but as long as I get it before the end of this month, I'll be happy.

I agree with you Call911 (if you're talking about the publisher I think you're talking about), I'm glad they went with Atari instead of .... EA...

EA probably wants full control of an developer they publish for, and they only publish mainstream stuff anyway. I'm sure BIS and EA want nothing to do with each other.

If the other versions only get a patch a couple weeks after the UK version gets released, its probably because they need to integrate it with the different copy protections. It might also be a bigger patch that will update the UK version as well. I doubt it will be more than a 2 week gap anyway.

It will suck a little if we don't get the patch for a while if the UK version comes with it, but as long as I get it before the end of this month, I'll be happy.

I agree with you Call911 (if you're talking about the publisher I think you're talking about), I'm glad they went with Atari instead of .... EA...

EA probably wants full control of an developer they publish for, and they only publish mainstream stuff anyway. I'm sure BIS and EA want nothing to do with each other.

If the other versions only get a patch a couple weeks after the UK version gets released, its probably because they need to integrate it with the different copy protections. It might also be a bigger patch that will update the UK version as well. I doubt it will be more than a 2 week gap anyway.

the patch will be v1.05 while the UK release will come in v1.04.

I don't remember a dev saying that, or are you just assuming? Just wondering how some people know that.

Anyway, the gap between the 505 release and the 1.05 patch is probably too short to warrant the effort of making a 1.04 patch for everyone.

I don't remember a dev saying that, or are you just assuming? Just wondering how some people know that.

Anyway, the gap between the 505 release and the 1.05 patch is probably too short to warrant the effort of making a 1.04 patch for everyone.

a guy on the testing team for the german 1.05 patch told me so in another board. it makes sense, too. wink_o.gif

This game is very playable. I see posts here sayin it aint. Ive had the game a couple months now and have had little problems. And i started playing with 512 mb of ram and a 6200 geforce. I could only play on low settings, but still think the game is awsome. I got 1.5 gig ram now and can play on normal settings and its even better now. Ive only crashed maybe 5 times since ive had game. I played alot of OFP, and like this lots better. smile_o.gif

Now Americans are going to have not clue where the word 'ArmA' comes from. And to them the 2 capital 'A's will look stupid.

Is "ArmA" actually supposed to have a double meaning?

As well as the obvious contraction of "Armed Assault",

the word "arma" also, of course, means "arms" in Latin.

"Arms" in the sense of "weapons" and often, by synecdoche,

"conflict".

I wonder that mostly because "Armed Assault" is

actually rather a rubbish name for a wargame. "Armed

assaults" are what criminals do, not soldiers. In a "military

operations in time of war" context, the title "Armed Assault"

is clumsily pleonastic.

The practise of changing the names of works for sale

in other countries (using the same language) is not limited to

software products. It is commonly done with books, films

and other commodities (for reasons which are rarely evident).

It would be a shame, if we that bought the first Arma copy`s on the market, get the patch later than others.

If that happens, i`m an beta tester that have payed to test a Arma, or what? mad_o.gif

It would be a shame, if we that bought the first Arma copy`s on the market, get the patch later than others.

If that happens, i`m an beta tester that have payed to test a Arma, or what? mad_o.gif

Why are you getting upset with a situation that has not yet occured / may never occur?

@Col. Faulkner

I agree 110%, except with the word pleonastic. Words that I don't know make me uncomfortable.

that you are anyway, how could the release date of the next patch change that?

Why are you getting upset with a situation that has not yet occured / may never occur?

what makes you so sure? because it certainly looks like he's right;

-we got v1.02

-505 release will be in v1.04 which we will apparently not get

-approx. 2 weeks after that release, v1.05 will be available for all

that leaves about 2 weeks of the 505 buyers having v1.04 while the rest of us who bought the game months back are stuck with v1.02.

like i said, it's not a long wait, and i wouldn't mind. but it's a slap in the face for everybody who's put up with the initial release which was anything but ready.

of course, i could be wrong, but it sure as hell doesn't look like it... sad_o.gif

Well the demo players are all playing on v1.03.5116. They all have features, performance and capabilities that you haven't got. If you want to go at it that way, then this has already happened.

Well the demo players are all playing on v1.03.5116.  They all have features, performance and capabilities that you haven't got.  If you want to go at it that way, then this has already happened.

i know. and ain't it a shame? the demo users have a more advanced version of the game than the paying customers.

No it isn't a shame because lots of the features in the bug are broken or unfinished. I realise that this is the case with the retail version however the demos menus don't draw correctly, etc.

No it isn't a shame because lots of the features in the bug are broken or unfinished.  I realise that this is the case with the retail version however the demos menus don't draw correctly, etc.

but surely the demo isn't worse than the full version, is it?

i think it is.

given they do have somethings the retail version doesnt have yet (the grass is pushed down when you go prone so you can see better) along with other stuff..

yet i get lower FPS in the demo than the retail.. funny eh?

I totally love the demos "grass pushes down" effect when crawling thru it. Really happy I upgraded too. The demo is amazing with a decent rig.

I have found that the demo, especially at its current version, gets quite good performance- especially since I'm forced to run it with half of my available graphics computing power. It is missing all kinds of sounds and stuff, though, among other things. Evidently, if they're releasing 1.05 2 weeks after they release 1.04, 1.04 isn't what they wanted it to be either. I'm was planning on ordering the 505 version but I'm considering waiting until may when the Atari version comes out. I'd imagine that there will be some campaign tweaks and stuff in that time, like there was for ofp, and I'm not that great at backtracking!

I think i wait for special edition with all the patches which comes maybe after a year after 505 release. Only then i buy boxed version.

I just settle now with that Morphicon DE D/L version.

Ofcourse if Sickboy isn't releasing any more language patches then i am forced to buy 505 release. I'm hoping he will continue his great work.

Why are all the English speakers focussed on just the boxed version? Isn't anyone planning to at least look at the downloadable version from Sprocket?

I think i wait for special edition with all the patches which comes maybe after a year after 505 release. Only then i buy boxed version.

I just settle now with that Morphicon DE D/L version.

Ofcourse if Sickboy isn't releasing any more language patches then i am forced to buy 505 release. I'm hoping he will continue his great work.

Thats my plan too.

received my 505 preorder through the post today... 1 day early! shame I'm in Uni all day and my new pc is still in pieces on the floor tounge2.gif

So the 505 releases are in the mail.

Can someone who has it post the changelog? smile_o.gif

Is it much improved over 1.02?

received my 505 preorder through the post today... 1 day early! shame I'm in Uni all day and my new pc is still in pieces on the floor  tounge2.gif
and and and which version you got? smile_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]I just settle now with that Morphicon DE D/L version.

No worries m8 and thanks for the mention. If i've heard correctly... there will be language switching available in the 505 Release... I think it might suggest we get this option also in our games, but let's see how goes smile_o.gif

smile_o.gif

(I installed it just for you... bah, now to uninstall and get on with building the new rig)

smile_o.gif

(I installed it just for you... bah, not to uninstall and get on with building the new rig)

nice to hear facts...

so you got advantage on those who bought in German and CZ version. you got patched first then us.

cant wait for a link to the next patch